What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

LED number plate bulbs

A

Anonymous

They really do come out relatively easily provided you're pulling them in the right direction. They're at a rather odd angle. I used a flat headed screwdriver to get behind the head of the bulb and then sort of angled them off.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
They really do come out relatively easily provided you're pulling them in the right direction. They're at a rather odd angle. I used a flat headed screwdriver to get behind the head of the bulb and then sort of angled them off.

But still stayed hard inside :/
On youtube aren't any videos about this strange type of bulbs.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
fineasz said:
mrizzle said:

But still stayed hard inside :/
On youtube aren't any videos about this strange type of bulbs.

We suggest taking photos and posting them on this thread as you are experiencing a problem never encountered before. Then we might be able to see what you are up against.

A

Anonymous

I found them to be the easiest bulbs to replace and I have done nearly all of them.
Wait till you try the headlights !

A

Anonymous

O Lusitanian said:
I found them to be the easiest bulbs to replace and I have done nearly all of them.
Wait till you try the headlights !

Agreed!! Mind you the rear brake lights are also pretty easily done.

A

Anonymous

Finally changed. Only 0,3$ each for 1 bulb (5 smd led white) Without canbus problem.

Now time for front led blinkers :D

A

Anonymous

renegade79 said:
Now time for front led blinkers :D[/quote said:
are you referring here to the drl's or the indicators?

indicators like here:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwkKpZOJ7fw[/youtube]

All led bulbs can buy very cheap. But from Aliexpress/eBay.

A

Anonymous

Probably a bit late to the part here. Of course all lights need to be full Canbus, Even those which say they are are not neccesarily so and will still emit a low light. (Thinking more internal here) However not all are as described.
I have found this out myself and have also found some really good fully Canbus with a high Lumens output. They work perfectly in my car.

I purchased off ebay from the link below and they provide very good service.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281561087018? ... EBIDX%3AIT

They have a good light output and no Canbus issues, If you buy 10 I think they are about £1.00 each which in my opinion is good value.

Another very useful addition to my car are some custom made LED boot lights which make a massive difference.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Peugeot-Citro ... 4639762ef7

These have made a massive difference to the light in trhe boot and are very simple to fit. I just broke off the stalk switches to be fair. Work perfectly. Good value as well and they accepted my best offer.

The majority of internal bulbs are east to change, although you might want a proper tool removal set for main central internal cluster. to avoid scratches.

Overall massive difference.

Might be too late, but hope this helps some,

Peace,

Andy.

renegade79

Reaction score
fineasz said:
renegade79 said:

indicators like here:

i can't find those indicator bulbs on either ebay or aliexpress. any links to them?

A

Anonymous

renegade79 said:
fineasz said:
renegade79 said:

indicators like here:

i can't find those indicator bulbs on either ebay or aliexpress. any links to them?

Finally I bought 2 led from this link, better quality I think, have similar lights power :

About 12$ each and free shipping.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2PCS-x-3 ... 66977.html

I will post here photos when I get them and also will know if works with canbus.

A

Anonymous

So these led bulbs blinkers which I bought haven't got Canbus. Effect is very good but after 15-40min if you use blinker it will blinking faster than normal (about 2x faster). So I backed to normal bulbs.

rcz_r1

Reaction score
Do all the type o w5w bulbs work or some of them give error on the conputer?
One of my stock bulbs is burned and I want to install leds now.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
fineasz said:
So these led bulbs blinkers which I bought haven't got Canbus. Effect is very good but after 15-40min if you use blinker it will blinking faster than normal (about 2x faster). So I backed to normal bulbs.

Yes this is the same result I got from my previous tests with them. I have not yet found a LED indicator bulb that works as needed, but I use Osram Diadem Chrome bulbs and they are great.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
rcz_r1 said:
Do all the type o w5w bulbs work or some of them give error on the conputer?
One of my stock bulbs is burned and I want to install leds now.

You really need canbus bulbs used within the RCZ. Although installing LED bulbs in the RCZ will not trigger any CEL/EML, they will be identified in most cases when checking computer as they use less power and the system thinks they are not working correctly. Not to worry as things will run and work as needed.