What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

LED number plate bulbs

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

I'm hoping you can offer some assistance. My mum has an 11' plate RCZ and I would like to get her LED number plate bulbs. Has anyone already done this and can you recommended the appropriate bulbs please?

Many thanks in advance,

A

Anonymous

Havent tried it on the RCZ, however my son did this on his previous Corsa, and within a week he was pulled up by the plods because the plate was not sufficiently lit up, the problem with LED is that, yes they are bright but do not give off a very good ambiant light, in other words, if you loook direct at LED it is a bright light but if you try to light something up using LED it's not as good as a "normal" bulb.

I did try changing the puddle lights on the RCZ to LED but found the same problem, just not enough light shining downwards, so i put the standard bulbs back.

My son works in Halfords so we had the oppitunity to try a number of different coloured LED's but none gave off a more ambiant glow than the standard bulb.

As for the plods, well they gave my son a notification slip to get the bulbs changed within a number of days and have it signed off as road legal by a garage that does MOT's.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. I have LED number plate lights on my TT and they look fantastic and give off a very crisp bright white light. I believe a lot of the new BMW's come out of the factory with these as standard.

See link below to what I've used on my car. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of the LED number plate bulbs in the RCZ.

http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?ma ... cts_id=149

Many thanks,

A

Anonymous

now there's a thought.......
I have footwell and puddle LED lights and mine are OK, I will take a look at the No plate and report.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Hi Paul141

Could you tell me where you got your LED lights for your footwell and puddle lights from please.

I also had the LED number plate lights in my TT but the ones listed are a complete units which replaces the whole number plate light assembly. They looked good but had build quality problems, two sets I had fell apart.

At present I am not aware that this company makes one for the RCZ.

A

Anonymous

Race0360,
I got my 501 LEDs from Ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6pcs-501-W5W- ... 2c5ecdba9f

I got 6 in the pack, took a while to get here but are OK :thumbup:
You do have to make sure the thin wire of the bulb is under the connector in the lamp unit and the unit is a bit fiddly to take apart (use a very small flat screwdriver to push the grey catches in to allow the unit to part) but other than that :dance: .

Paul141
:beer:

A

Anonymous

ALL,
Had a look this morning and the No plate uses 501's. :thumbup:
BUT :thumbdown: my LED 501's do not fit due to them being a little too short :crazy:
You would need LED bulbs that are as close to the normal 501 bulb as possible. like this one is :-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-WHITE-Wide ... 588cd377ef

Other than that its a simple job : small flat screw driver between the plastic lens and the black body of the bulb holder, flick out the clear plastic lens. Reach in and pull out the bulb, replace with your LED, switch on the side lamps, make sure it works, push the cover back on. :dance:

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Thanks Paul 141

Just ordered the ones off E-bay for footwells & puddle lights.
I did fit LED bulbs in my number plate lights like the ones you have listed and they look great.They give the same effect as the BMW & Audi bulbs

However, My plates look but are not standard and I have never got a speeding ticket :eusa-whistle: the brightness of the bulbs masked my plate.

A

Anonymous

LOL
Number plates that look standard but are not, :eusa-whistle: I may know what you mean, :lol:
:eusa-shhh: got some that fit that description :eusa-shhh:

Are they lit enough at night ? with the LED's

Going to try out my LED headlamp bulbs tonight !!!!

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Thanks. Does the car not reject the 501 style LED bulbs?

My TT did that's why I've had to use the full unit as per my earlier link with built in resistors etc to overcome the canbus system in the car.

A

Anonymous

Hi Paul141

The LED's were very bright and for some unknown reason you could not read my Standard but not standard plate :eusa-whistle: . With British standard number plates which was orginally on car as the dealer for some unknow reason would not fit my new private plate it looked great and could be seen some distance away.

Put standard bulbs back in to make me road legal again :lol: .

A

Anonymous

Race,
No rejects at all, I have even got one LED headlamp bulb in and one normal(ish) (as its a high white one) and I still got no rejects.

Paul

A

Anonymous

Paul
Post some pics up as people who have got the standard lights and not the vision pack might be interested in them.

I would start a new tread/Topic on these LED headlight bulbs

A

Anonymous

LED headlamp bulb fitted :thumbup:
NO beam pattern :thumbdown:
very low light output :thumbdown:
matches my LED DRL/side lights :thumbup:

So all looks the same colour on the front :D but you can not see where you are going :shock: :thumbdown: sort of think I may wish to see where I am going and worry less about lamp colours :roll:

Paul141

Attachments

• IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 9,013
  • IMAG0045.jpg
    IMAG0045.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 9,013
  • IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 9,013
A

Anonymous

I also installed LED Light Bulbs on all my interior lights as well as my license plate, trunk, and reverse lights. The following are instructions and bulb guide for a 2009 G37 sedan.

A

Anonymous

diane21 said:
I also installedLED Light Bulbs on all my interior lights as well as my license plate, trunk, and reverse lights. The following are instructions and bulb guide for a 2009 G37 sedan.

which h7's did you use???ie which make?? i put phillips diamond vision in £39 autobulbs and believe it or not are great in the rcz and light up the road really well i had them in m type r are where not so good mate i would try the phillips diamod vision in them i know they are a bit expesive but te are the best o the market :)
sorry for the spelling mistake my pc keyboard is playing up

A

Anonymous

diane21 said:
I also installed LED Light Bulbs on all my interior lights as well as my license plate, trunk, and reverse lights. The following are instructions and bulb guide for a 2009 G37 sedan.

Can you give me a link to the ones that fit in the No plate ? as I just got some that are too big for the fitting, but work great on the boot as the have loads of LED segments on them, so nice bright boot area.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

I have at last got the No plate bulbs changed to LED.
Just changed the DRL to 92SMD LED as well

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Can anyone confirm which bulbs they finally settled with for the number plate? Am after some white light ones - i was following my Dad the other day and his beamer has them. They look great compared to the yellow ones :thumbup: do I need the 501's is it?

Cheers.

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
Can anyone confirm which bulbs they finally settled with for the number plate? Am after some white light ones - i was following my Dad the other day and his beamer has them. They look great compared to the yellow ones :thumbup: do I need the 501's is it?

Cheers.

You're on a mission just now huh dand87?! Good on ya!

These are the ones you need:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/Registra ... D5CANW.htm