What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

LED number plate bulbs

dreamer

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
These photos don't really do them justice (really rushed phone shots) but they give some idea of the difference made by the installation of the LEDs. The first shot is a before (LEDs) and the others are afters.

Hi mrizzle, are you using this led's from rcz performance? http://shop.rczperformance.com/Registration-Plate-W5W-5-White-LED-501LED5CANW.htm

because they seem to be so small that seems not to give the light you are showing... I had once some like this and for mau Megane CC they didn't give so much light... I had to buy more powerful ones... but they don't fit on my RCZ...

and for my Astra J I bought these: http://cgi.ebay.es/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360757510349 and they look really great...

do you have an idea how many lumens the led's are?

Thanks,
dreamer

The Guardian

Reaction score
I got the LED's from RCZ performance and I find them more then powerful enough. Sometimes it catches my eye and I'm amazed by how they brighten even the whole area on the ground beneath the car.

The picture does give a good impression I think.

A

Anonymous

Hi Dreamer! Yup, those are the ones sold by RCZperformance that you see on my car. I can't tell you how many lumens they are I'm afraid but they're plenty bright enough despite their diminutive size. You'll find them more than sufficient.

A

Anonymous

The fitment for the RCZ is, I believe, the same as the 308 but, like you, think that the ones that you have provided a link for would look a little odd. I suspect that the ones I have fitted aren't E approved but I'm not aware of any for the RCZ that are.

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
The bulbs we sell are Canbus style so they work perfectly with the RCZ's electrical system. With 36 lumens they are very bright, any brighter and you might not read the plate well and that might be something the police would pull you over for, but not up to me on that and so don't take my word for it, just wanting to sell what I believe are the best for the RCZ after researching. They consist of 5 LED's. As for road legal, they are not E approved but lets face it, with new cars that have LED bulbs from the factory all over the place, these upgrade bulbs are no brighter than those. I too have not found any 501 bulbs that are E approved that are Canbus.

dreamer

Reaction score
Hi had before on my Megane CC some also near to 35-40 lumens and they had less bright than original W5W, then I bought some with 40-60lumens (also canbus) and they become little more brighter than the standard, but not too much, and become even easier to read the license plate... Here in Portugal they are white, I don't know how it affects to have brighter on yellow plates...

Regarding to be E-approved is not critical, because when become time to go for a regular inspection I will swap it back to the original :)

A

Anonymous

I went for the complete unit which is the black housing containing the LEDs...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361217030021? ... EBIDX%3AIT

I just took a quick look at the light unit on my RCZ and it doesn't appear to have the screwdriver slot to pry It off. Does anyone know how to remove the unit please? I can get the lense off easily but The unit seems to just move about but not actually unclip from the car.

Thinking I should have just kept it simple and gone for the LED bulbs.

A

Anonymous

I wanted to get for the factory standard look so thought the entire unit would be a good way to achieve that.
I'm going to give it a good go this weekend, and see if I can get the unit out. It would be a shame to waste the units I purchased as they seem really good quality.
If in the mean time any one has any ideas on how to get the unit out, please step forward. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

I'll be interested to see what these look like both before and after fitting. However, I fitted the ones that RCZperformance sells and, to be honest, they were more than sufficient and achieved the factory fitted look with ease and without any form of error warnings.

A

Anonymous

Guys can write how to remove plate bulbs? I remove plastic case but bulb hard stay inside :(

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
fineasz said:
Guys can write how to remove plate bulbs? I remove plastic case but bulb hard stay inside :(

Although a tight area the bulbs should pull out with no problems. They will be a little tight as they are held in place to work. Maybe use a pair of needle nose pliers to grab the glass carefully and pull them out. They come out at an angle. Hopefully you removed plastic cover only as it is not necessary to remove the entire unit.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. Do You know which bulbs py21 will fit in front 'day lights' in 2011 year? They have 2 option of light. Parking light and day ligh (more power of light).

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
fineasz said:
Thanks. Do You know which bulbs py21 will fit in front 'day lights' in 2011 year? They have 2 option of light. Parking light and day ligh (more power of light).

Use this link to find all of the bulbs needed for your RCZ:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=190

If you are referring to the DRL's, it's choosing the correct bulbs based upon whether you have the Vision Pack or not.