What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

LED number plate bulbs

A

Anonymous

Good stuff thanks mrizzle. Yeah, I like 'simple'/cheap but effective mods which make the car look much better. Hence these I can do at the same time as the DRL's!! A real test of my DIY skills!

A

Anonymous

Got mine off ebay. No error w5w 5led only £2.98. Fitted them yesterday & they look great. Pure white.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

Ian68 said:
Got mine off ebay. No error w5w 5led only £2.98. Fitted them yesterday & they look great. Pure white.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Are they easy enough to fit? I haven't had a look at them but I quite fancy doing this mod too.

A

Anonymous

So easy. Just remove the light cover and pull the old bulb out. Replace with the New leds. To replace both bulbs only takes about 5 mins max. They look so much better than the original bulbs.

A

Anonymous

Ok, just ordered these... now the looong wait for them to get to South Africa!

A

Anonymous

Got mine today and just fitted them in the dark. Mine were a tight fit, took me about 15 mins with my iPhone torch and the new white light looks great. Test them before clipping the cover back on and fit them exactly as ian68 describes :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
Got mine today and just fitted them in the dark. Mine were a tight fit, took me about 15 mins with my iPhone torch and the new white light looks great. Test them before clipping the cover back on and fit them exactly as ian68 describes :thumbup:

Thanks guys. I'll order them tonight or tomorrow and hopefully will get them and fit them before the weekend.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
dand87 said:

Thanks guys. I'll order them tonight or tomorrow and hopefully will get them and fit them before the weekend.

Do you require 1 pack of the LEDs or two guys?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
mrizzle said:
dand87 said:

In your condition Rizz, I would just order 2 bulbs. Not sure Jen would appreciate the other option you mention :lol:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mrizzle said:
mrizzle said:
dand87 said:

In your condition Rizz, I would just order 2 bulbs. Not sure Jen would appreciate the other option you mention :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: very good RON! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
mrizzle said:
dand87 said:

I just bought the one pack and it comes with 2 LED's. Is that what you were asking?

A

Anonymous

It is and thank you. I asked RCZperformance shortly after posting my question here and, as ever, he was quick to get back to me and he confirmed what you said. Thanks! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

So they arrived today :)clap: : thumbup: RCZperformance) and, even though it was pi##ing it down, I couldn't wait to change them over. Was a little perplexed at first as they don't quite click in place but rather they slot in and are held into place by the plastic light cover. I checked them and they illuminate once the cover is back in place. Is this what you found guys?

A

Anonymous

These photos don't really do them justice (really rushed phone shots) but they give some idea of the difference made by the installation of the LEDs. The first shot is a before (LEDs) and the others are afters.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363462017734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363462017734.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6,771
A

Anonymous

Rizz you have gone all smd/led :lol: i do see the difference but it's not any brighter it's duller :eusa-think: having a white rcz i never thought it would make difference doing the led regy plate lights and still think this with a white rcz

Get them SOO much brighter 92 smds RED stop/tail light led bulbs :thumbup: :cool:

A

Anonymous

Yeah I DO need to do the stop/tail lights. I'll try to get a better pic of the reg plate lights as those are actually worse quality than I thought. Are the stop/tail lights easy enough to remove and change? I've never changed these before.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Yeah I DO need to do the stop/tail lights. I'll try to get a better pic of the reg plate lights as those are actually worse quality than I thought. Are the stop/tail lights easy enough to remove and change? I've never changed these before.

They are A DODDLE...mate take the full rear light enclosure out by simply UNPLUGGING 3 studs turn and twist :thumbup: OUT IT GOES Then TAKE OUT THE ONLY LIGHT BULB then replace and Replug with new one LED ONE :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
mrizzle said:

They are A DODDLE...mate take the full rear light enclosure out by simply UNPLUGGING 3 studs turn and twist :thumbup: OUT IT GOES Then TAKE OUT THE ONLY LIGHT BULB then replace and Replug with new one LED ONE :thumbup:

You got any pics in the dark of the rear led lights. I can see the front making a good visual impact but unsure whether to bother doing the rear - does it look much better? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
mrizzle said:

Superb..thanks for that mate! I better get these done as well than. Should have just ordered these at the same time...now I'll have to pay double the postage! :( Hahaha...typical Aberdonian.

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
jassyo06 said:
mrizzle said:

You got any pics in the dark of the rear led lights. I can see the front making a good visual impact but unsure whether to bother doing the rear - does it look much better? Thanks.

The led rear's make the same impact as changing the fronts DRLS "And not a lot of people know that" :lol: :lol: Micheal caine................. :lol: