What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

Navyrum

Reaction score
Hi i am new to the forum and have follow a guide to replace the sd card in the head unit it was on 2.75 firmware resetting itself, freezing and blank screen or peugeot logo i have installed a new blank sd card and installed 2.86 firmware everything is working ok but is in the czech langauge and has no option to reset it back to english i was thinking about cloning the origanal sd card then updating to 2.80 firmware and then going to 2.86 firmware please could you send me a link where a can dowload 2.80 firmware please or advise the best way

Philip

Reaction score
Hi i am new to the forum and have follow a guide to replace the sd card in the head unit it was on 2.75 firmware resetting itself, freezing and blank screen or peugeot logo i have installed a new blank sd card and installed 2.86 firmware everything is working ok but is in the czech langauge and has no option to reset it back to english i was thinking about cloning the origanal sd card then updating to 2.80 firmware and then going to 2.86 firmware please could you send me a link where a can dowload 2.80 firmware please or advise the best way
Post #38 in this thread has a link to the V2.80 firmware. However, are you sure that you have an RT6, as you talk about an SD card and I'm not aware of the RT6 using an SD card?

NF7

Reaction score
Post #38 in this thread has a link to the V2.80 firmware. However, are you sure that you have an RT6, as you talk about an SD card and I'm not aware of the RT6 using an SD card?
I believe he means he replaced the RT6 internal memory card.

Navyrum

Reaction score
Sure its a RT6 are the firmware links on here for the RT6 and are they full versions or just upgrades

Attachments

• IMG_2721[1].JPG.png
    IMG_2721[1].JPG.png
    446.4 KB · Views: 19

Navyrum

Reaction score
I believe he means he replaced the RT6 internal memory card.
Yes i have replaced the internal card but couldn't clone the old one it had got corrupt so after re assemble i install 2.86 firmware radio and maps are in english it just when you go into any of the setting it in czech the old card was on 2.75 so it was a big jump

NF7

Reaction score
Yes i have replaced the internal card but couldn't clone the old one it had got corrupt so after re assemble i install 2.86 firmware radio and maps are in english it just when you go into any of the setting it in czech the old card was on 2.75 so it was a big jump
Language files should be in the firmware.

here you can see how to see the Language select menu on RT6

Navyrum

Reaction score
Language files should be in the firmware.

here you can see how to see the Language select menu on RT6

That page of the settings is not in the available to change the langauge but thank you

niggy0

Reaction score
I Have managed to update the fimware to 2.86 with thanks to this guide,
but when i try to update my maps to the 2021 version
i plug in the usb
screen reads data
then shows " maps database" - but these are all 2013/2014 maps that are already on the car
if i select the bottom map (uk) scroll left to (vin datA / update)
Just says activation code - even though i have done the de-activate (a few times now)

am i totally screwing this up or have i missed something

Philip

Reaction score
I Have managed to update the fimware to 2.86 with thanks to this guide,
but when i try to update my maps to the 2021 version
i plug in the usb
screen reads data
then shows " maps database" - but these are all 2013/2014 maps that are already on the car
if i select the bottom map (uk) scroll left to (vin datA / update)
Just says activation code - even though i have done the de-activate (a few times now)

am i totally screwing this up or have i missed something
At the end of the de-activation, are you sure that DRM=0? If DRM is 1, then it will ask for an activation code.

BTW, the "maps database" that you're seeing is what is installed in the car currently. Once you press "Update" (after de-activating) you will get the list of updated maps on your memory stick, and at that point you can choose which one to update.

chalmizzle

Reaction score
Hey all!

Purchased a PUG 508 with a RT6/RNEG2 system. It wasnt working when i got it, no response from the radio whatsoever, no reverse beeps and screen looked dead. and the guy said it could be a screen issue or a fuse, he had no idea. i swapped the fuses out and got a backlight on the screen at least. i then took the module out and got to the SD card, formatted that completely and removed all hidden volumes on the card. I've no idea what firware version was installed but i took my chance at installing v2.80 via CD-ROM and I managed to get a peugeot logo and CRC media check, then flasher check, then disk check ... at which point it errors and ejects the CD. Can anyone shed any light.... Does anyone have 2.21 or 2.37 firmware versions so I can eliminate the fact ive used too high a FW version. I read somewhere youve got to upgrade from 2.20 - 2.37, then to 2.70 then to 2.86, you cant just jump multiple FW's

TIA

tianorth

Reaction score
I've had a few notifications from google that people are trying to download files from links that Google have broken when they upgraded their security.

I will update the 1st post with new links and date of when these links were updated.

Apologies for the delayed response.

Philip

Reaction score
I will update the 1st post with new links and date of when these links were updated.
It might be worth also removing the links to gpsunderground in the 1st post, or at least mentioning that (sadly) this site no longer exists.

Peally

Reaction score
Hi. Was going to buy the updated map for the RT6 on my Peugeot 3008, and stumbled across this site.

I've downloaded the latest maps zip from the first page and extracted it to my hard drive. If I only want to update the UK maps do I still copy the entire content onto a USB stick? My firmware version is fine I think, and it's just the UK map I need to update.

Also the "deactivation of activation code" link says I don't have access and need to request it - has the link changed?

Many thanks

JohnR

Reaction score
This is all new to me, I've only had my car for a couple of days! I paid for and downloaded for the map update (RT6) but the sat nav is still fairly useless in as much as it won't take a full postcode and I often cant find the address I'm looking for. In simple terms, is there a way of putting this right? If it's a question of firmware how can I tell which version I've got and is there a precise link for the update? TIA.

turboguy

Reaction score
I still havent gotround to doing mine yet..If I get the time this weekend will try it

DKZ5745

Reaction score
This is all new to me, I've only had my car for a couple of days! I paid for and downloaded for the map update (RT6) but the sat nav is still fairly useless in as much as it won't take a full postcode and I often cant find the address I'm looking for. In simple terms, is there a way of putting this right? If it's a question of firmware how can I tell which version I've got and is there a precise link for the update? TIA.
If you have a look back through this thread you will find links to download the latest firmware, along with map updates and speed camera updates.

If your car is not accepting full postcodes you definitely have old firmware installed.