What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How many with Clutch problems?

A

Anonymous

bee said:
back from dealers today with clutch problem. dealers mechanic drove car and said there was only a slight vibration when releasing clutch, but i have it both ways. anyway on parking up he tryed the method mentioned on the forum ie- in nuetral rev to 2000 rpm and declutch, noise was very noticable then. so they checking with peugeot head office re a fix and car booked in for next week. very pleased with my local caring dealership.

Hi bee,

Looks like you have a good dealer. Lets hope they fix the problem for you next week. :thumbup:

Steve

A

Anonymous

back from dealer today re clutch problem, peugeot recognise problem of vibration along a hydrolic pipe. part has to be ordered in, non in uk as yet. they will contact re fitting it as and when.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
back from dealer today re clutch problem, peugeot recognise problem of vibration along a hydrolic pipe. part has to be ordered in, non in uk as yet. they will contact re fitting it as and when.

Hi bee

Glad it sounds as though this is getting sorted for you.

Have had mine fixed, and the car is much better afterwards.

It's only a small thing, but I didn't think it was right to put up with it on a brand new car.

Maf

A

Anonymous

too true maf, are you completely happy with yours now? i have a very good helpfull dealer so recon they will sort it out, but dont want a 207 next visit its like driving a shoe box. still better than nothing.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
too true maf, are you completely happy with yours now? i have a very good helpfull dealer so recon they will sort it out, but dont want a 207 next visit its like driving a shoe box. still better than nothing.

Perfectly happy with mine now - you should ask your dealer if they can put you in a demo RCZ while they fix yours.

They let me use their demo HDI GT for nearly a couple of weeks while they investigated mine initially (back in september) and loaned me a GT200 for a long weekend while mine was in for the fix :)

A

Anonymous

bee said:

Great news bee,

Hopefully everything will be good once they have changed the offending hydraulic pipe.

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

main dealer has sorted my rcz clutch problem-replaced a hydrolic pipe and am very pleased with the results. work took aprox two hours and they even offered to wash the car after.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
main dealer has sorted my rcz clutch problem-replaced a hydrolic pipe and am very pleased with the results. work took aprox two hours and they even offered to wash the car after.

Great news bee. Now you can fully enjoy your RCZ.

:thumbup: :dance:

A

Anonymous

Yep I have the vibration issue so that can get looked at by peugeot this week along with oil leak and other annoying faults. Getting tedious now :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

Unknown fault according to Peugeot, they are having it Wednesday so we'll see what happens :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Ok I've just picked it up and had a mate whom has a 2.0 Mazda 8 Sport tried the 2000 RPM thing and he could feel it but yet nobody at Peugeot could. Now as a test we tried the same thing in his car and it does exactly the same. Now the school of thought here is, could this be normal as you have something travelling at 2000 RPM and something else trying to engage with that ??? Any how it is in for a few days next week and I get a 208 as a courtesy car that ironically ain't that courteous as I have to pay £6.00 a day insurance :evil:

A

Anonymous

Apparently it should vibrate under your foot at over 2000 RPM - and that's the official answer ...NEXT :sleeping-yellow: :?:

A

Anonymous

Hi I got gt hid 18000 on clock and no clutch issues everything feels normal, I would also recommend the Diesel engine they are very good :)

A

Anonymous

I bought a 13 plate 200 GT a couple of weeks ago, and noticed the clutch tapping on my car for the first time today ( it was the first time I have been stuck in traffic for any length of time, so my foot was on the clutch more). Very annoying but glad to read that there is a fix for it, so will add it to the list of problems for the dealer to look at when it goes in for a second time (first time was to inspect rear mirror and armrest, wheel balancing and new gear nob, second time is to replace loose/vibrating rear mirror, loose armrest and loose centre bit between the seat. They also need to repair the scratches they made on the left passenger seat). :(

My first RCZ had no clutch pedal tapping so having had a tapping-free RCZ experience, it was quite noticeable on the second RCZ.

A

Anonymous

quite scary really how these old forumites disapear after maybe 2 years or so.Might be a lesson for us all.Keep it 3 years max and move it on?

frankvdb

Reaction score
I am going to prove you wrong...
Mine is over four years old now and hasn't had any major issues.
I'm still happy with it and have no plans to replace it. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I'm on my 2nd RCZ and both have had the vibrating clutch issue with 1st to 2nd and some times 2nd to 3rd - it only happens at high rev's 2000rpm and up. Peugeot don't seem to want to acknowledge the issue when I've brought it up ! :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Not sure what this actually is. I have had my RCZ a year now and can feel a slight resistance as the clutch is depressed but nothing else. Just thought it was part of the design.

My previous 308 GT THP 175 had the same clutch as the petrol version and I did 78K and was still operating like new when the car went.

A

Anonymous

I've been around to Peugeot and had a rant (for the third time about it) tried another RCZ (New) and it does exactly the same at over 2000rpm your can feel vibration, the sales guy tells me 'they are all like that, mate' so either most people ignore it or now you know its there it's gonna irritate the crap out of you till it fails and there is a mass re-call :dance: :thumbdown: