What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How many with Clutch problems?

VASS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm getting a few PM's now about Clutch problems

I'm happy to give as much info as needed to those if I can help at all,

my experience (for those that don't know) resuted in a replacement new RCZ, not that I'm promising to sort yours to the same conclusion

Would be interesting to now find out if this is a fault with the Diesel 2.0 model (mine was a Std GT)

Symptoms...

slight but noticable noise, plus vibration under foot when you both depress the clutch pedal and release it no matter how quickly or slowly you do so
But, only happens when in gear.

Open to the forum... good luck in seeking resolutions folks, my only important advice is to register the problem as soon as possible and at best before 28 days of ownership

Register it both with Dealer and Peugeot UK Customer service who will give you a call reference number
0845 200 1234 between 8.30am - 7.00pm (Monday - Friday) and 9.00am - 5.30pm (Saturday)

Good Luck!
Vass

esa

Reaction score
Exactly the same here with my Diesel GT, 9 days old and 450 miles on the clock. I noticed something the first time I went from 1st to 2nd gear as I drove the car away. Raised it with the dealer the day after and they look at it today.

At the moment, both master tchnician and service manager say they can't hear or feel anything. Peugeot are apparently unaware of any other instances.

Watch this space.

A

Anonymous

The Diesel GT demonstrator I took out definitely had the same symptoms as yours Vass, I did mention this to the sales manager on my return and he said that he hadn't noticed it. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Me too. Exactly the same problems as above. The car is two weeks old now and has 700 miles on the clock. Returned to the dealer after two days. All agreed that there was a problem and noted on my file. They are not sure of the resolution and they asked me to continue driving in the hope that it would subside. It hasn't. Due back to the dealership next week.

My car is a Diesel GT too.

A

Anonymous

This does not sound too good. I am planning on ordering the GT 2.0 HDI so this is a bit of a concern. Hope you all get to the bottom of the problem quickly and please keep us all informed.

A

Anonymous

When Auto Express road tested the RCZ they made the following comment about the clutch:

"Thankfully, the six-speed transmission is super-slick. A short-throw version is optional, but the standard system is good enough. The only complaint is the RCZ’s clutch: unfortunately, it has a springy feel to it like virtually every other Peugeot model."

A

Anonymous

Our RCZ demo has hit the magic 5k mark now, and I have to say, I dont feel anything different to any other Peugeot in the range clutch wise when driving.

esa

Reaction score
Update.

After a minor stamping of feet yesterday and today, my dealer has now had confirmation from Peugeot that there have been other reports and upon following their reconstruction instructions (i.e stationary, 2000 revs and press the clutch slowly) low and behold the master technician can now both hear and feel something. Peugeot acknowledge that it may be hard to spot but once who do (as for us poor drivers), it is very noticeable and annoying. Mine is a Diesel GT.

I've been told it is under investigation an to expect something in the near future (as decided by Peugeot - fix, recall etc).

Suggest you all push home your cases so that Peugeot h/o are aware of it. I was told the more people who raise the issue, the higher up the priority ladder it gets.
Not much consolation to the poor soul who finds it first. Let's hope we get a solutions soon.

A

Anonymous

You have me worried now, im going to take the demo out and check it

A

Anonymous

Southgate said:
You have me worried now, im going to take the demo out and check it

Me too (see more-clutch-problems-t384.html)

Southgate - if your demo has the same issue as mine, you can recreate fairly easily, even when stationary:
- pop car into neutral
- rev to about 2000rpm
- depress clutch

On bottom half of clutch travel (both up and down) you should hear a noise and feel a vibration through the clutch pedal (almost like a vibration "feeding back" through the clutch pedal). It is possible to miss it if (for example, if you're driving with the stereo on), but once you've heard/felt it, it's quite distinct.

My dealer has acknowledged the issue in writing and is in communication with Peugeot UK about it.

A

Anonymous

I picked mine up on Thursday evening and noticed on the drive home. I'll be calling Peugeot on Monday. Thanks for all the info.

A

Anonymous

Im not sure if its a problem, dont get me wrong, it could be. But ive just taken our 5008 and 3008 fitted with the 150HDi lump, same gearbox and clutch etc, and they do the same. So do our used, and so do our new ones. Im thinking its just a normal feautre, but then i never normally rev to 2k out of gear!

A

Anonymous

Southgate said:
Im not sure if its a problem, dont get me wrong, it could be. But ive just taken our 5008 and 3008 fitted with the 150HDi lump, same gearbox and clutch etc, and they do the same. So do our used, and so do our new ones. Im thinking its just a normal feautre, but then i never normally rev to 2k out of gear!

but revving to 2k in gear is normal, and it does it then also (revving out of gear was just an easy way of recreating the symtom).

My dealer's service manager initially said that maybe this is just normal behaviour, but I'm afraid I
not convinced by that. It doesn't feel or sound right to me - I've had a lot of cars over the years (both petrol and diesel) and I've never had a clutch feel or sound like that.

To me, it almost feels like there's an un-isolated vibration that's feeding back through the clutch hydraulics (of course, that's just speculation on my part).

The info I have from my dealer principle is that Peugeot are investigating the issue, so it sounds to me like they think there's something to investigate. If all/most of the diesels show the symptom this could mean there's a design problem rather than it's normal behaviour.

A

Anonymous

Yeh it could well be! Just played in the RCZ, same thing. Odd, I have never noticed it to be honest, I cant hear, but can just about feel what your describing. DO you often sit with foot on the clutch then just out of interest?

A

Anonymous

I don't have my foot on the clutch when driving - I notice the symptom when changing gear

A

Anonymous

Had a call from my dealer today advising that Peugeot apparently have a fix for the clutch issue.

I've been told that I should be contacted shortly to schedule remedial work "which may happen by way of a recall"

A

Anonymous

Further to my last post, I had a a call from my dealer on Monday. My car goes in next month for remedial work on the clutch as Peugeot now apparently have gotten to the root of the problem and have a fix.

I bumped into the technician today (while picking up spare bulbs) who originally investigated my problem. The fix is a replacement of the pipework for the clutch hydraulics (changing the angle of the bends in it to route the pipe) - apparently this stops vibration feeding back through the hydraulics which was the cause of the problem.

The fix took the technician 2.5 hours to do on their demonstrator, so they're keeping the car over a long weekend in order to replace the parts and thoroughly road test it in cold and warm conditions afterwards. The friendly person who booked me in said they'll get me in an RCZ as a courtesy car :clap:

A

Anonymous

It's great to hear that you have finally got a fix for the problem Maf.

I'm still trying to decide whether to order the GT 2.0 HDi or the GT 156. My preference has always been the diesel, but I'm really concerned about these clutch issues. It would be nice to know if Peugeot were going to fix this for all new cars and recall any already on the road.

Anyway, hope your soon back on the road. Nice touch to be given an RCZ as a courtesy car.

Steve

A

Anonymous

Even after all this, I'd still go for the diesel. It does 50mpg without trying (and better than that if your careful) and I think it feels nearly as quick as the THP200 I drove.
If you're concerned you could ask your dealer to confirm that your car would have this fix applied