What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How many with Clutch problems?

A

Anonymous

That is good news Maf and should hopefully put a lot of peoples mind at rest

A

Anonymous

VASS said:
hmm wonder if this will be an official recall of Diesel models ?

Not sure, but I'll be dropping the car in a week on Friday, so I can enquire at the dealer whether this is being done under a recall.

For anyone who's got the same symptoms, I'd suggest chatting to your dealer (and being insistent)

A

Anonymous

I have not had a problem, 1300 miles so far, but when I asked the dealer if there was a recall I was told no.

A

Anonymous

Dropped my car in for the fix today - forgot to ask whether it was being done under a recall, so will check when I go in on Monday to pick it up.

The dealer has put me in a GT200 demonstrator in the interim (which is a riot :dance: , but don't think I could live with the fuel consumption given I do 20k+ miles per year).

A

Anonymous

Hi all
have my car back now - massive improvement. Noise and vibration completely gone.

No clear steer on whether this is a recall or not. All I can suggest is if you're having these symptoms then insist your dealer speaks to Peugeot uk technical dept, and get this work done.

Maf

A

Anonymous

Maf said:
Hi all
have my car back now - massive improvement. Noise and vibration completely gone.

No clear steer on whether this is a recall or not. All I can suggest is if you're having these symptoms then insist your dealer speaks to Peugeot uk technical dept, and get this work done.

Maf

Great to hear that you have your RCZ back now and that the problems appear to be fixed. Lets hope you can begion to enjoy your car now.

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
Maf said:
Hi all

Maf

Great to hear that you have your RCZ back now and that the problems appear to be fixed. Lets hope you can begion to enjoy your car now.

:thumbup:

Ta very much - I was enjoying the car before, but it's even better now!! :dance:

A

Anonymous

Well took my car in again for the third time yesterday regarding the clutch the first time they agreed there was a noise and now they are saying there is no issue. They have given me another diesel RCZ to drive around in and there is no noise from the clutch whatsoever.

I feel like I'm bashing my head against a brick wall :brickwall:

I've just phoned Peugeot Customer Services and they said that this isn't a known problem! Which doesn't appear to be true according to this forum.

I'm going back to the dealers at lunch time. Any suggestions on what i do next?

A

Anonymous

I actually printed this off and took it in with me last week. The service manager didn't seem impressed, his words were 'most of what's on these forums is not true'. I tried to explain that I was only trying to point them in the right direction but he wasn't really interested. To be honest I really don't think being a woman in this situation helps.

If i could simply take the clutch from the demo car I have and put it in my car I would be a very happy girl.

A

Anonymous

purplemand said:
I actually printed this off and took it in with me last week. The service manager didn't seem impressed, his words were 'most of what's on these forums is not true'. I tried to explain that I was only trying to point them in the right direction but he wasn't really interested. To be honest I really don't think being a woman in this situation helps.

If i could simply take the clutch from the demo car I have and put it in my car I would be a very happy girl.

Contact Peugeot customer services again and tell them that you are not happy with the way your dealer is dealing with this issue. I had a similar problem with Ford a few years ago. Ford told me my problem was because I was dealing with a main dealer and that i would be better off taking my car to a family owned dealership. There were right! You can always take your car to another Peugeot dealer to get a second opinion.

Don't let them beat you, you are the customer and you have an issue with your car that they need to fix. If all else fails I'm sure some of us will volunteer to come and give the service manager a slap. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
Don't let them beat you, you are the customer and you have an issue with your car that they need to fix. If all else fails I'm sure some of us will volunteer to come and give the service manager a slap. :eusa-whistle:
Form an orderly queue behind the lady in purple :lol: :eusa-whistle: . Seriously though, I do hope you get this sorted. No-one in these days of equality should feel they're being ignored because of their gender (I speak as a woman!!!).

A

Anonymous

my hdi gt goes to the dealer on friday to look at problem with clutch pedal vibration-i can live with it but dont think it should happen on a new car.

A

Anonymous

bee said:
my hdi gt goes to the dealer on friday to look at problem with clutch pedal vibration-i can live with it but dont think it should happen on a new car.

I hope you get it sorted bee. This is the one thing that worries me about the 2.0 HDi. If my car develops this problem I will not be very happy.

A

Anonymous

hart-from what ive seen on the forums it probably is just a vibration from an hydrolic pipe working its way through the pedal and not really a mechanicle fault as such. therefore if you dont have a problem now,yours will probably be ok. anyway will keep you informed of the outcome.

A

Anonymous

purplemand said:

hmmm, not good. My dealer spoke to Peugeot Technical (who came up with the fix). I'd suggest insisting that customer service or your dealer speak to them.

Also, the manager at my dealer has had dealings with peugeot's uk chief exec - apparently he's a big fan of the rcz so maybe an email or letter in his direction might get things moving for you.

Keep us posted on how you get on, and good luck

A

Anonymous

I picked the car up again on tuesday evening, this is the third time I've taken it in and they still say that their is no issue with the clutch but having driven the dealers demo diesel for two day it really is noticeable. To top it off a warning kept flashing up on the dash last night to say the particle filter is clogged, i do hope this isn't something else to add to the list. I'm booking the car into a different dealers for a second opinion, if they say that their is no issue then i may just learn to live with it.

A

Anonymous

purplemand said:
I picked the car up again on tuesday evening, this is the third time I've taken it in and they still say that their is no issue with the clutch but having driven the dealers demo diesel for two day it really is noticeable. To top it off a warning kept flashing up on the dash last night to say the particle filter is clogged, i do hope this isn't something else to add to the list. I'm booking the car into a different dealers for a second opinion, if they say that their is no issue then i may just learn to live with it.

Good luck with the different dealership. Keep us all informed as to how you get on. :thumbup:

There are a couple of other members that have been having issues with the dpf. The dealer can do a forced regeneration of the system which should hopefully clear the problem.

Steve

A

Anonymous

back from dealers today with clutch problem. dealers mechanic drove car and said there was only a slight vibration when releasing clutch, but i have it both ways. anyway on parking up he tryed the method mentioned on the forum ie- in nuetral rev to 2000 rpm and declutch, noise was very noticable then. so they checking with peugeot head office re a fix and car booked in for next week. very pleased with my local caring dealership.