What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

NF7

Reaction score
When the error appeared, did you remove the USB or did you allow for the unit to restart?

AlexDee

Reaction score
which error ? the 0x26? when it appeared, I removed the pen drive, rebooted, put the pen drive back in, and it finished 100% and everything was ok! when restarting, the maps do not appear. do I try to reinstall? However, I still have the original 2016 maps, maybe I should install those! I don't trust these 2023s anymore! alternatively, are there those for 2022 to download?

NF7

Reaction score
You can do as you wish - when the 0x26 appeared, you shouldn't remove the pen drive. Simply click OK and that is it.
5.1. If during the update the error 0x26E appears, just press "OK" and wait for the system to restart (leave the key or SD card connected) and it will continue the update.

The 2022 are the same as 2023 in their design. All are unofficial, because Peugeot stopped updating them in 2016.

2023 work normally, as I have them installed on my car at the moment.

AlexDee

Reaction score
It has often happened that, after restarting due to the error, the update does not start again, so you have to remove and insert the USB stick. now I'll try with another flash drive to install the 2023 maps again. If that doesn't work, I'll try with the 2016 ones. I hope it's not irreversible damage!

NF7

Reaction score
It has often happened that, after restarting due to the error, the update does not start again, so you have to remove and insert the USB stick. now I'll try with another flash drive to install the 2023 maps again. If that doesn't work, I'll try with the 2016 ones. I hope it's not irreversible damage!
The maps can always be overwritten. You can also factory reset the headunit before reinstalling.

AlexDee

Reaction score
Yes, I have already reset (with the 1+3+5 keys). I also found some 2022 maps, so now I have: 2016 (original), 2022, 2023. I'll try them all if they don't work. Let's hope so. :eek:

Reactions: NF7

AlexDee

Reaction score
I would like to try reinstalling with an sdcard, I've never done it. Is it faster than the pendrive? does the error x026 always appear?

NF7

Reaction score
I would like to try reinstalling with an sdcard, I've never done it. Is it faster than the pendrive? does the error x026 always appear?
Yes, the error should always appear. This is due to them being unofficial maps.

AlexDee

Reaction score
Update successfully completed!!!
Some info:
1) I used an SD CARD (Sandisk), but it is much slower than the pendrive (about 50 minutes to complete the update);
2) I used a Mac to format with disk utility, not a PC!
3) The error 0x26 did NOT appear to me!!!
4) At about 50% of the installation, I had to turn everything off because I had reached my destination, and I started again later! So you can interrupt the update and resume it later!!! Great I'd say.

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
Great job!

Did you use the 2023 maps or another version?

NF7

Reaction score
Latest radars are EU RADARS 2023.8 (AUGUST 2023 Update)

When you plug the USB or SD card in, you have to navigate to your navigation risk areas and update from there. It will not start automatically.

AlexDee

Reaction score
Yes, I know the procedure, I meant: are there no new updates? Are we stuck in August?

AlexDee

Reaction score
OT question: have any of you connected an iPhone to WipCom 3D? When someone calls, does the number or name appear correctly on the WipCom 3D display? Because with my iPhone 11, for years (after an iOS update a few years ago), for many contacts in the address book (about 80%) it appears "unknown" to me on the WipCom 3D display and I have never understood why. I think it's a problem with my iPhone. I've never had the chance to try with another iPhone model.

NF7

Reaction score
From my exprience - It will become unknown, if the call is coming from WhatsApp. It will be a known contact if it is a regular call.

AlexDee

Reaction score
Not for me. In my case, if a number not in the address book calls me, instead of showing the telephone number, it appears "unknown". If a contact from the address book calls me, 30% of the contacts in the address book appear correctly with name and surname, the remaining 70% always give me "unknown".
I have to try with another iPhone model to understand if it's mine that's causing problems, there's something wrong with my iPhone's address book, I assume. I can't think of anything else. End OT.