What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

GUIDE: Updating the firmware, maps and installing risk areas (RADARs) on NG4

NF7

Reaction score
Here is the snapshot of the USB folders with enabled view of hidden files:
View attachment 14088
I have also checked every other folder for hidden files and I can't find anything.

I have done full format with FAT32 system choice. I believe you that files are good, can you confirm me that my nav system is NG4?

Thanks for reply!
Yeah, based on the photo of the screen - it does look like NG4. You can check it by looking through settings and looking for a FW version. The name is included in the version. What is the size of the USB stick you are using?

beracka

Reaction score
Hello,
Sorry for a late reply, I was not at home this week.
I am using 32GB USB sticks. I have tried to go through all settings and there is no FW version information. I have also tried to hold buttons for hidden menus, but no luck. Here is the video of scrolling through menu:

I don't know what to do next, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Reactions: NF7

NF7

Reaction score
Ah, my mistake friend. This is not NG4, therefore the files will not be recognized.

You have RT6 model of navigation. There is a guide here in another thread.

Sorry for the confusion. I took only a quick look at the first photo you posted.

beracka

Reaction score
No problem, thanks for all information.
I will try to find maps for RT6 :)

NF7

Reaction score
You should consider yourself lucky. RT6 is much better supported with the latest official maps.

Fimosin

Reaction score
Hello!

Does anyone know how to transform the BMW maps to work on the NG4 radio?

I'm telling you this because I have access to BMW maps, if I can help in the transformation, then I can post them on my NAS, so that people on the forum can access and not have to be with the problems of MEGA, 01files.me, turbobit and any of these payment sites.

Best regards and thanks!

NF7

Reaction score
Hello!

Does anyone know how to transform the BMW maps to work on the NG4 radio?

I'm telling you this because I have access to BMW maps, if I can help in the transformation, then I can post them on my NAS, so that people on the forum can access and not have to be with the problems of MEGA, 01files.me, turbobit and any of these payment sites.

Best regards and thanks!
This is perhaps the closest thing to the guide - LINK

NF7

Reaction score
Any more info ? West ? East? POI ? Any problems to report ?
Thanks !!!
Western Europe maps. Everything until Hungary, Serbia and Bosnia is covered. Not sure about Bulgaria, etc.

AlexDee

Reaction score
Western Europe maps. Everything until Hungary, Serbia and Bosnia is covered. Not sure about Bulgaria, etc.
Good! I need italian maps!
NF7, have you already installed it? All works ?

vin100

Reaction score
They are installed. Everything works.

How long does it take to update the maps?

alekso550

Reaction score
Hello NF7, great post. I've worked on one RCZ recently and stumbled on this forum. I've managed to update the FW to N42c with the files you provided. The USB with the FW update was detected but the USB with the maps wasn't. I used the 2020-2 Eastern Europe maps provided, the Navi has the original presumably never updated 2010 West maps. I'm uploading a screenshot of my USB. Am I doing something wrong, or something's up with the navi itself?
Screenshot_4.png

NF7

Reaction score
I would suggest you install the 2023-1 maps a couple of posts above is the link.

Also from the photo, it seems you are installing the risk areas not the maps. Maps have three files in the root, you have only two.

alekso550

Reaction score
Okay, I used NG4_2020.2_EAST correct.rar which has only two files (pic provided) from the link in the first post. If I am correct the .md5 file is missing? Anyway, I will try with the 2023-1 maps, but in the meantime can I get a list of the countries included both detailed and main road maps? If Balkan is included it would be great.
1698412617954.png

NF7

Reaction score
Okay, I used NG4_2020.2_EAST correct.rar which has only two files (pic provided) from the link in the first post. If I am correct the .md5 file is missing? Anyway, I will try with the 2023-1 maps, but in the meantime can I get a list of the countries included both detailed and main road maps? If Balkan is included it would be great.
View attachment 14330
I never actually made the Eastern Maps work. They were provided by another user here. I only tested the Western Maps.

This is what they cover:

Andorra, Belgium, Germany, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Gibraltar, United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Croatia, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain , Sweden, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Vatican City.

Only main road coverage in the East and West: Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro.

AlexDee

Reaction score
OMG !!! I installed the maps and apparently it was successful, but here's what it looks like in the end (see photos)... it stays like this and doesn't do anything else. Help me. what can I do ? Do I try to install again?IMG_2063.jpeg