What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gap Insurance

RCZ1

Reaction score
I get Vehicle Replacement + as the cost of the car and the extras you spec may go up in the time you have the car so going Back to Invoice could leave you short and you will have to top up. Vehicle Replacement should see replacement, like for like.

A

Anonymous

I don't recall either option being available/offered. Mine was a simple case of deciding how many thousand pounds worth of cover that I would require to bridge the gap between what my insurer would payout in the event of the car being lost or written off. Off the top of my head I don't recall what figure we settled on but my gut feeling says it was around the £15k mark

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I get Vehicle Replacement + as the cost of the car and the extras you spec may go up in the time you have the car so going Back to Invoice could leave you short and you will have to top up. Vehicle Replacement should see replacement, like for like.

OO58RON said:
I don't recall either option being available/offered. Mine was a simple case of deciding how many thousand pounds worth of cover that I would require to bridge the gap between what my insurer would payout in the event of the car being lost or written off. Off the top of my head I don't recall what figure we settled on but my gut feeling says it was around the £15k mark

Thanks both for your responses, the premiumus I quoted are for cover at £17,500 which is what the site calculator automatically entered when putting in a car value of £30,000. Either quote is still far less than the I took out with the Dealership last time.

A

Anonymous

Yes it is dramatically different isn't it? I like them too as they seem friendly. I took it out for Pearl and a few months later increased the cover and changed the cover onto Pearl2. They do not charge for "administration" I paid a small increase to cover the cost of the increased cover that I'd taken out. I am under the impression that if I was to be in a position of claiming on this policy, then I would be given the funds to purchase the same car with the same level of refinement. So what can they do about the inferior RT6 as opposed to my NG4 :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Just bought GAP insurance for my Z through

www.ala.co.uk

If anyone is interested you can use the following codes for discounts:

QU005 for 5% discount

vri4434 for 10% discount

GAP13 again for 5% discount

A

Anonymous

So why not simply use vri4434 for 10% discount? :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:

Because some discount codes do not last for very long. Here you have a choice, if one or more expire :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
OO58RON said:

Because some discount codes do not last for very long. Here you have a choice, if one or more expire :)
That explains that then :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi just noticed this thread and thought I'd add my experience into the frame so to speak, I was quoted £350.00 for an "RTI" gap insurance, (return to Invoice) from my dealer, and after discussing it with my son who told me "you can get that alot cheaper online" he pointed me to this company who he had used for his car, http://www.ala.co.uk, so I decided to buy a "VRI" policy, (Vehicle replacement) for £164.00 one off payment for 3 years cover.
We looked around several other companies but this one seemed to fit better, but I was amazed at the price difference, it begs the question, why are the dealers so expensive ??

RCZ1

Reaction score
...... Because it's a commission filled option for the salesman :eusa-whistle:

ala are the same company I'm with :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I am also with ALA on a VRI policy. I took dealership insurance first time round being rather ignorant about such things. But thanks to forum much more informed this time round. Dealer not overly impressed when I turned down GAP insurance and there SureGuard paint protection this time round, but saved myself a few quid :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

Me too :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

Me too :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Excellent thread. As my 508 SW was a replacement for a written off one, it was a pretty easy sell for the Salesman. Whilst I got a good deal on the car it's fair to say I did not get a good deal on the GAP.

I'm about 50% of the way through the policy and I did call them yesterday to enquire about swapping it to the new car. They said that wasn't possible but I could have a refund once I trade the car in on Tuesday.

So I'll be doing that for certain. I'll probably buy online, but I'm not sure on what value of cover to go for?

A

Anonymous

Ala switched my policy from one RCZ to the new one without cost. Obviously I paid a little extra for the additional years cover on the new car

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Just had an online quote from ALA.

£102.30 for back to invoice price £10,000 cover over 3 years.

or

£129.27 for vehicle replacement.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
It's strange they wouldn't transfer the cover. They did it for my husband's car when he bought a new one.

Was that with Peugeot insurance?