What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gap Insurance

A

Anonymous

Did anyone take it and what was the price I was quoted £300.

Are there third-party options?

RCZ1

Reaction score
DON'T buy Gap insurance from your dealer - its overpriced and they get commission on it.

You can buy it much cheaper on-line try

www.ala.co.uk
or
www.click4gap.co.uk

I'm with the latter, hubby's with the first one.

Shop around. Its like buying normal car insurance - you wouldn't take the first quote you receive - would you :?:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
DON'T buy Gap insurance from your dealer - its overpriced and they get commission on it.

http://www.ala.co.uk
or
http://www.click4gap.co.uk

Shop around. Its like buying normal car insurance - you wouldn't take the first quote you receive - would you :?:

Why not just ask the dealer for a deal on the price?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:

or

Thanks for the tip. The first one was just over £100 for a 3yr one (not the most expensive option) and the second was £170+ . ie both much cheaper than Peugeot...unless their version is the top one, in which case Pug is cheaper.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
RCZ1 said:

or

Thanks for the tip. The first one was just over £100 for a 3yr one (not the most expensive option) and the second was £170+ . ie both much cheaper than Peugeot...unless their version is the top one, in which case Pug is cheaper.

Be careful that you have enough GAP. By that I mean the GAP between what the insurance company would give you if your car was written off and the GAP payout to return it to the invoice price or for new. Bear in mind that this GAP will widen as the car depreciates so make sure you have enough GAP to cover all possibilities.

A

Anonymous

Check the policy - I have VRI insurance from Peugeot (Vehicle Replacement Insurance) which is better than GAP. VRI pays the gap and gives you the rest as a lump sum to the value you originally paid for the car. Its worth every penny as we had to use it this year after out lovely 308CC was written off :( - on the bright side we got a cheque for a few grand and put it down on a new RCZ (Which arrived at the dealers today - :dance: )

RCZ1

Reaction score
goldbadger said:
Check the policy - I have VRI insurance from Peugeot (Vehicle Replacement Insurance) which is better than GAP. VRI pays the gap and gives you the rest as a lump sum to the value you originally paid for the car. Its worth every penny as we had to use it this year after out lovely 308CC was written off :( - on the bright side we got a cheque for a few grand and put it down on a new RCZ (Which arrived at the dealers today - :dance: )

VRI is the same as GAP. There are three types of GAP - Return to Invoice GAP, Return to Value GAP and Vehicle Replacement GAP. You decide which one is for you, which is the best option for your circumstance. Simples... :!:

A

Anonymous

Was in a Ford dealership yesterday sorting out a car for my wife and they offered GAP for £300 ie same as Pug. What version will it be then. I will do more research, but surely they should all be similar. The £300 covers the 3 years and is a 1 off payment.

RCZ1

Reaction score
You would have to ask the dealer what sort exactly they were offering but i can almost guarantee that it would be cheaper buying online. Get a quote on line and see if they will match it. Dealers make commission on selling GAP ! All of them are one off payments and you can get them for varying periods.

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Using the above sites under the 'Return to Invoice +' option with a max payout of £10,000 is around £210. Can't imagine the gap would ever be £10,000 - even at 3 yrs old would it? The dealer reckoned a standard 156 GT would be worth £14 - £15k after 3 years.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Brooktop said:
Using the above sites under the 'Return to Invoice +' option with a max payout of £10,000 is around £210. Can't imagine the gap would ever be £10,000 - even at 3 yrs old would it? The dealer reckoned a standard 156 GT would be worth £14 - £15k after 3 years.

Yes I've read that somewhere too so I reckon £10K would be enough.

A

Anonymous

I got mine for £120 for 3 years, exactly the same cover that peugeot were offering for £300!

A

Anonymous

It's with ala, if you search for voucher codes there are still some floating around which give you 10% off, even try putting in ones that claim to have expired, that worked for me! That's for a back to invoice policy. Hope that helps

A

Anonymous

Wow.....what a difference the web vouchers make! With ala my first quote was £179 and with a voucher (think it was WEBGAIN) it came out at £114!!!

A

Anonymous

Um - be careful you really need it. I just altered my insurance from the old car and as well as being £4 cheaper (!) they confirmed they pay against the full stated value in case of write-off.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Exclamation said:
Um - be careful you really need it. I just altered my insurance from the old car and as well as being £4 cheaper (!) they confirmed they pay against the full stated value in case of write-off.

Are you sure that's not just in the first year? I would read the small print.

A

Anonymous

Yep - it's 3 years with a max payout of £10,000 and a back to invoice plus policy...ie about the same quote as rjc813

Edit: whoops...just realised you didn't mean my Gap insurance.

I'd agree with RCZ1, I don't know of any insurance company that pays out against list price, they go for market value (at best).

A

Anonymous

I guess in the short term it shouldn't pose much of a problem due to availability I can't imagine prices of used examples dropping much and if insurance companies use the second hand market as a comparator then we should be reasonably safe in assuming they won't be able to get away with knocking that much off a payout?