What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gap Insurance

A

Anonymous

The back to invoice means exactly that, what you paid for the car, not the current Market value so you don't lose anything if your car is stolen or written off during the policy period. As my car was with me very quickly I took the peugeot GAPinsurance as I did not have time to shop around and at least had the cover if something happened. You get a 14 day cooling off period which I used to shop around and found the ala policy, which was exactly like for like but more than half the price that peugeot were offering. Like everything take your time and shop around and if you do use ala, look for those voucher codes!

A

Anonymous

I took out Gap Insurance with my last car because I financed it. However I'm paying cash for the RCZ. Is it still possible to have this policy, does anyone know please?

RCZ1

Reaction score
rczwannabe said:
I took out Gap Insurance with my last car because I financed it. However I'm paying cash for the RCZ. Is it still possible to have this policy, does anyone know please?

Yes, you can GAP insurance however which way you pay for the car. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
rczwannabe said:

Yes, you can GAP insurance however which way you pay for the car. :thumbup:

Thats great info, thanks!

A

Anonymous

GAP ADVICE PLEASE.

I will be collecting my new car in a few weeks and would appreciate some advice on GAP insurance and quotes.
I have looked online and some of the quotes do seem very good.

A

Anonymous

Re: GAP ADVICE PLEASE.

Steve can sort you a very good price if I tell him too :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score

I usually buy my GAP insurance on-line but when I mentioned this to my dealer, they said they would match any quote that I got. Which they did :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Im finding quotes, without really looking that far into it, for well under £100 for 3 years of cover, and up to GAP amounts of £7500. A few years ago when i last bought a new car it was expensive for GAP, but it seems as though things have changed for the better. :dance:

A

Anonymous

I was tempted by the insurance at the point of sale from the dealer but, Just check your current insurance policy first...................When I asked them to change my policy for the new car as soon as they quoted they said "and that includes the gap insurance"....................Result!

A

Anonymous

yeah, i,m gonna ring them in the morning, someone else suggested the same thing, i think on some policies it's an added extra for new cars.

A

Anonymous

Yes it was on mine but at no extra charge!!!!!

A

Anonymous

I got mine for £120 for 3 years, exactly the same cover that peugeot were offering for £300!

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
I was tempted by the insurance at the point of sale from the dealer but, Just check your current insurance policy first...................When I asked them to change my policy for the new car as soon as they quoted they said "and that includes the gap insurance"....................Result!

Rang Aviva (my insurance company) and they do indeed include GAP cover, on brandnew cars, for the first registered owner, for 12 months from first registration, the GAP can also be extended up to 3 years of cover, however you have to valid motor insurance policy with them to have their GAP, and my insurance was only just renewed out with them, so as you say m8 ............ Result :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

most uk insurers give people new for old cover for year 1 - alot of dealer policies start in year 2 and run for 3 years.

RCZ1

Reaction score

jactac said:
H12RPO said:

Rang Aviva (my insurance company) and they do indeed include GAP cover, on brandnew cars, for the first registered owner, for 12 months from first registration, the GAP can also be extended up to 3 years of cover, however you have to valid motor insurance policy with them to have their GAP, and my insurance was only just renewed out with them, so as you say m8 ............ Result :thumbup:

So what happens if you change insurance company after a year, have you lost your GAP cover? Also as I understood it, but I may be wrong, it costs more for GAP, the older a car gets, so even after a year, you would be paying more for it?
To me it would be better to buy GAP as a separate entity from the start.

A

Anonymous

I think you can only purchase extended Gap from Aviva if you have a policy with them, but your covered for for Gap on new cars up to the first 12 months or for as long as you have left remaining on your insurance policy when you do a change of vehicle.

Example: i have over 11 months left on my policy, so if i were to change cars today i would be covered for GAP at no extra charge for the 11 months, then at the end of my policy if i renew with Aviva they will then offer Gap for a "very competitive" fee (their words not mine), again for the next 12 months and so on.

Even if you only have a few months left on you existing policy when you change vehicles, it's worth taking the Gap and then seeing what they quote you at renewal for more Gap and Motor insurance, otherwise if you take out seperate GAP then you've paid for the first year when you are already covered.

I cannot see the point in taking out seperate GAP in the first 12 months when you may be covered with your exsisting insurance provider.

They basicaly offer "new for old" on brand new cars to the first registered owner for up to 12 months or the remaining time left on your policy, then just renew both policies or shop around.

RCZ1

Reaction score

I understand that but with GAP you pay a one off payment for three years. How much will a "a very competitive" fee be each year? To be honest I've never heard of renewing it every year. I've always understood it to be a one of payment for 3, 4 or more years :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

This is how Aviva do it.
The easiest way of looking at it is that if you need to make a claim in the first year or even in the remaining months of your policy, the insurance company, in this case Aviva, will replace your car for a new one of identical spec, ie: "new for old", this is apparantly what most insurance companies offer, however this only applies though to brand new cars and the policy owner has to be the first registered owner from new.
Then when the policy then expires you will have a new quote as normal, but you can request an optional extra quote for a 2nd year to cover GAP.

To be honest it's all a bit new to me but i think i will stick with my insurance company for the first year and then get quotes for the 2nd.

I have had quotes online as low as £75 for 3 years of cover up to £7500 of cover. So if it's cheap enough you may aswell take the full 3 years out from the start, that way your covered from all angles.

A

Anonymous

I bought my gorgeous rcz in December, The dealers offered me GAP insurance, I didn't know much about gap and they said I would be mad not to take it out, so I did,
I've now found out that I could have got GAP a lot cheaper online and now I feel pissed off, I've paid 4 payments now so there is no point cancelling my policy to buy online, my point is if anyone is getting their new car soon PLEASE check deals online before agreeing the dealers GAP Insurance

A

Anonymous

You have learnt a lesson that we all learn. Same as the paintseal packages offered. You can get more for less £'s by looking around.