What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Gap Insurance

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Oh b*gger! Wish I had read this thread a week ago. Just paid £319 for RTI gap insurance for 3 years on my new (to me) z.

What's that they say about a fool and his money? :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Don't worry, you aren't the first nor will you be the last. You will have a 14 day period to cancel this so I'd be making that phone call and shopping around!

A

Anonymous

I took Gap insurance at a cost of £300. It covers the car for 3 years. Never had it before as deemed a waste of money. but with buying this car I wanted to ensure I was covered in case so I could look to replace with a similar like for like model.

tianorth

Reaction score
As part of the package for buying the car gap insurance rti was included, when this was coming up to run out I made enquiries and found a company that would take the insurance over (can't remember if it's for another 3 or 5 years) but was around £184 (I think), far less than the dealership price.

When I bought my RCZ-R I got a 5 year deal with the same company (Frank Pickles, I think) for around £250. This was for full value or next higher model if no new exist.

But they can only be insured if previous insurance is still in effect or car is less than a few months old.

ianGT156

Reaction score
I took GAP insurance out this evening. Possible special offer of £30 off.

I used www.click4gap.co.uk

It has cost me £139 for 4 years based on the following:

Purchased for £9960 on 4/8/17. First registration date April 2013 Cover amount £15000. The insurer/underwriter seems to be "Red Sands Insurance Company", a bit of research seems to suggest that they are OK.

Today they have a code on their website "FLASH30" which reduced my premium from £169 to £139. The biggest player in the GAP market seems to be Warranty Direct, but their equivalent price is about £217 or so.

I think the "cover amount" is a bit of a fantasy. I could have bumped it up to £25K for no additional premium. I'm assuming that in reality, all I would get is my purchase price of £9960. But for £139 for four years, it's the proverbial "cheap as chips".

Plecodoras

Reaction score
What I cant understand in this climate of cash for crash scams etc is

What is to stop people smashing there car up before the insurance runs out or if they have a problem with the car say engine light or something, then they do something and get a car back up to the value they paid. So in reality ( not for Z's ) they could get a lot newer model with probably lower mileage?
You can see this will be the next scam area!