What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Custom 'R' Door Lights - Sign Up Here!

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ-Performance said:
Good thing to do. We can get more exposure and get the price down if interested (PM if so).
PM incoming! :cool:

smarty said:
Be interested if you could get them with RCZ,
Yep, if everything goes well with these ones I think phase 2 could well be the RCZ logo. Watch this space!

TAC

Reaction score
2retro said:
RCZ-Performance said:
Good thing to do. We can get more exposure and get the price down if interested (PM if so).

smarty said:
Yep, if everything goes well with these ones I think phase 2 could well be the RCZ logo. Watch this space!

Seeing I haven't paid yet will I be getting mine cheaper :eusa-whistle:

Ps When is payment due ?

2retro

Reaction score
TAC said:
2retro said:
RCZ-Performance said:

smarty said:

Ps When is payment due ?

Ha ha - No, they're not going to be any cheaper unless we start buying them in the hundreds so you're OK. But that's by the by - currently you will be 1 of only 10 people in the world with these so that's pretty unique!

Regarding payment, some have paid already and a couple of you have not yet. I don't mind if you want to wait until I have them or even until you have seen pics of them in action but those people who have already sent payment will be receiving theirs straight away after I receive them.

FYI, I spoke to the guys making these again a couple of days ago to check on progress. I figured they wouldn't celebrate Easter in China so there wouldn't have been any public holidays because of that and I was right. BUT it was 'Tomb Sweeping Day' and the 'Festival of Qingming' so, yes, they had 2 days off too! D'oh! :lol:

2retro

Reaction score
Just heard that the filters are now completed and are being dispatched to me today so just go to wait for them to arrive now. :thumbup:

TAC

Reaction score

Ps When is payment due ?[/quote]

Ha ha - No, they're not going to be any cheaper unless we start buying them in the hundreds so you're OK. But that's by the by - currently you will be 1 of only 10 people in the world with these so that's pretty unique!

Regarding payment, some have paid already and a couple of you have not yet. I don't mind if you want to wait until I have them or even until you have seen pics of them in action but those people who have already sent payment will be receiving theirs straight away after I receive them.

FYI, I spoke to the guys making these again a couple of days ago to check on progress. I figured they wouldn't celebrate Easter in China so there wouldn't have been any public holidays because of that and I was right. BUT it was 'Tomb Sweeping Day' and the 'Festival of Qingming' so, yes, they had 2 days off too! D'oh! :lol:[/quote]

Wait not a chance :shock: payment sent :dance:

2retro

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, the filters arrived today and I think you'll agree that (even with my terrible photography skillz) they look AWESOME!!! :dance:

If you have already sent payment for a set of these filters - thank you - they will be in the post to you via Recorded Delivery first thing on Monday morning. :thumbup:

If you have reserved a set but haven't sent payment yet please PM me. There are a couple of sets left too if anyone else wants them - again, PM me if so please.

So, what do these filters look like and how do I fit them I hear you ask?

Well they look like this:

FITTING

So take your projector lights that you purchased from eBay previously and remove the 2 small screws to expose the projector part. Be very careful so that you do not break the red or black wires whilst the light is like this as they are quite delicate and will require soldering back on if you do (I know this because it happened to me! :eek: ):

Remove the filter that is already there by pushing or pulling it out (yours may look slightly different then this one):

And replace with the new one. You may find that it is a very tight fit and/or may not fit all the way inside but that's OK, it will still work - just push it in as far as it will go, like so:

Then simply reassemble and replace it with the ones already in your car doors and you're good to go!! :beer:

There is one more important point but I have reached the maximum number of pictures allowed in a single post so I will continue below...

Attachments

• SAM_3674.JPG
    SAM_3674.JPG
    133.4 KB · Views: 3,801
  • SAM_3667.JPG
    SAM_3667.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 3,801
  • SAM_3668.JPG
    SAM_3668.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 3,800
  • SAM_3669.JPG
    SAM_3669.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 3,800
  • SAM_3670.JPG
    SAM_3670.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 3,801

2retro

Reaction score
And that important point was this:

Much like a camera these projector lights flip the image 180 degrees before displaying it on the ground so you need to take this into account when inserting the new filters.

Just make sure yours match the orientation shown below and you will be OK. Trust me on this - it was trial and error figuring this out but this is correct even though it looks wrong! lol :crazy:

So the things to remember are inserting the filter the correct way (as above) and not breaking those wires, OK!

On a personal note, I couldn't be happier with how these have turned out and I'm sure these will make me smile every time I open my door at night for a long while to come. :thumbup:

Attachments

• SAM_3671.JPG
    SAM_3671.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 3,798

2retro

Reaction score
Just a quick message for everyone who has purchased a set of filters - they have been posted out to you via Recorded Delivery today so should be with you all tomorrow. :thumbup:

If you want to post pics of them in action on here that would be cool (but don't feel like you have to).

johnbmaximus - I don't seem to have your address details so I will hold on to yours until I hear from you.

P. S. There are just 2 sets left now - if anyone wants them, PM me!

A

Anonymous

Sorry,cant see the point in this,especially if you dont have an R Version. Also as made in China is sure to breakdown/set car on fire.Best left for Corsa drivers if you ask me.Hey ho. :helpme:

2retro

Reaction score
wrapper said:
Sorry,cant see the point in this,especially if you dont have an R Version. Also as made in China is sure to breakdown/set car on fire.Best left for Corsa drivers if you ask me.Hey ho. :helpme:

Attachments

• double_facepalm.jpg
    double_facepalm.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 3,749

TAC

Reaction score
wrapper said:

Some time thoughts are better left to oneself, if we all wanted the same the world would be one boring place.

Received my recorded packet will pick up from PO tomorrow 2retro :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

@2Retro - textbook use of doublefacepalm good sir! :thumbup:

2retro

Reaction score
Glad to hear the filters are arriving with you all safely. Here are a couple of better pics of them in action (looks even better in person though as you will soon see for yourselves):

Attachments

• pic_01.jpg
    pic_01.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3,686
  • pic_02.jpg
    pic_02.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 3,686
  • pic_03.jpg
    pic_03.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 3,686

pete.garratt

Reaction score
Just fitted mine - looks great.

Can I really be longing for this dark winter nights to return, just so I can enjoy them even more?!

A

Anonymous

Fitted mine at the weekend ,forgot about them until parked in underground car park today , look great then went around and admired the passenger side. Look awesome , thanks for the great work on this .

2retro

Reaction score
That's what I like to hear. You're welcome. :beer: