What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cleaning RCZ alloy roof bars

A

Anonymous

As usual,the solution is simple.Dont buy anything with silver arches.And that should exclude the mk1 of course. :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

First time trying to posty pic on this forum so hoping it does. If so this is my shiny arches :thumbup:

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
Wow...shiny. :clap:

I'm gonna be getting myself a bottle of that in the morning. Don't care if it's raining. They've got to be done before Saturday.
Badly water marked, and I think this is going to solve that. Thanks for the info... :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Cheers, it is good stuff and not abrasive. Used some after cloying and before polish and works wonders. I have always Meguiars stuff and never been disappointed. FYI Halfords have 3 for 2 on cleaning products at moment so saved myself £12 - won a watch on both counts :beer:

A

Anonymous

I have just tried turtle wax ice tyre shine and both rails have come up a treat, hopefully they will stay that way because it does makes a difference.

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score
Hi, yes went to halfords and got a 3 for 2 deal. I spent about an hour rubbing away. It worked an absolute treat. Well happy. I still think it needs another go but it will do for now. Added a coat of Bilt Hamper finis wax and looking good.
Got a maguirs leather cleaner and auto glm glass cleaner in the deal. :dance:
Will you be going to Yorkshire on Saturday ?

SEVEN7SEV3N

Reaction score

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Looking good. Unfortunately I won't make it tomorrow as my dad has been taken into hospital this week. Would have liked to have made it to meet other Z owners as looks like the weather will be good. Hope everyone has a great day and get together. Will try to make it to next one.

A

Anonymous

I have gone down the Wet and Black route recently (no not the German film version!) but the tyre dressing spray as I figure if its produced so it doesn't rot my lovely alloys why should it affect my roof bars?

A

Anonymous

Treat your black bars as if a black bumper trim and you wont go far wrong im afriad,unlike the cheapo silver nonsense. :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Any tyre dressing product will work on the black roof rails. They are not only a tyre dressing but trim dressing also.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Any tyre dressing product will work on the black roof rails. They are not only a tyre dressing but trim dressing also.
Even the gel tyre dressings? I got the megs purple gel stuff,

RCZ1

Reaction score
Biggyrick said:
RCZ1 said:

If you mean Endurance then no, I wouldn't use that. Read the labels of each product. Do it says tyre and trim, then it will be fine. The majority are dual use but ALWAYS read the label first.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Biggyrick said:
RCZ1 said:

If you mean Endurance then no, I wouldn't use that. Read the labels of each product. Do it says tyre and trim, then it will be fine. The majority are dual use but ALWAYS read the label first.
bit late now as i used it and it came out greesy so i just wiped off and looks perfect now

A

Anonymous

nifty50 said:

First time trying to posty pic on this forum so hoping it does. If so this is my shiny arches :thumbup:

where did you get the peugeot lion emblem on the side windows if you dont mind me asking