What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Cleaning RCZ alloy roof bars

A

Anonymous

I have found that the autoglym tyre shine works wonders on the roof bars. I used a bit on a sponge and it's brought them up light new :)

A

Anonymous

Nope I have the silver ones. It works wonders on them. Its just a silicone based product and have used for the last year. Makes them shine :)

A

Anonymous

Been using if for a year and looks as good as new. I would say its safer than using polish.

A

Anonymous

robinsstevenj said:
Been using if for a year and looks as good as new. I would say its safer than using polish.
What made you try tyre treatment on your arches in the first place? It's not something that would have crossed my mind. I'd be too concerned about it slinging all over my windows and paintwork.

A

Anonymous

Just sprayed a bit on a sponge and then wiped over the roof bars. Doesn't get on the paint or windows then.

A

Anonymous

Hope ur not using dodo juice prime or P1 on ur tyres to make em shine ;)

A

Anonymous

My aluminium/chrome? roof bars were fading and had watermarks and discoloration on them (Early 2011 156 sport).

Autoglym's Bumper and Rubber Gel brought them up like new with just a wipe and a polish. :dance: :dance:

A

Anonymous

after reading this ive just tried my meguires endurance tyre gel on my silver arches and the results are i have to say amazing :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

It really does work guys. My roof bars had rain marks on them. They now gleam. It is safe to use as the tyres sprays are also designed to make the wheels shine.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm still not sure about this - especially someone mentioned Megs endurance tire shine - this makes tyres go brown over time and when you consider it's made specifically for tyres, what would it do for the roof arches ????

Blog: http://rczandme.wordpress.com/

A

Anonymous

Either way I have been using it for the last year and brings it up well. Up to you guys whether you give it a try.