What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

7th Annual RCZ Yorkshire Meet - 19th May 2018

RCZ1

Reaction score
The itinerary for the day at the Yorkshire Meet is as follows:

Start to arrive at The Lion, Blakey Ridge from 11am onwards.

Chance for photographs, grab drinks, toilet facilities etc and meet fellow enthusiasts

From 12.45 - 13.15 leave The Lion in 2 convoys with 15 minute gap in between.

Drive through the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors taking in Ingleby Greenhow, Great Broughton, Chop Gate (comfort break available here). Carry on up to Helmsley and onto Sutton Bank where there is chance for refreshment and comfort break and more photographs. Then back down to Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside and back to The Lion for our meal booked for 4.30pm.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
DanRo said:
I think Acedice and myself hold the record for travelling the longest distance to come to the Yorkshire Meet ;) :D
At the moment, possibly! :clap:
I guess you are about 700kms. :dance:
But if I found the stamina next year when I have a Z ..... :crazy:
Which would be over 2000kms. :dance: :dance: :dance:

DanRo

Reaction score
It was a 760 km long trip up the Lion Inn :

https://goo.gl/maps/fTVvUxyiRUM2

When you have your RCZ come and meet us during next year European RCZ Meeting in Zeeland (Netherlands).

Thios year we have 125 RCZ's from more then 10 different countries.
During the day we make a150km long trip in one long convoy and we end up at the beach with a big BBQ.

http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10779

If you have a Facebook account I invite you to join our group RCZ Meeting Benelux :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1632505457005246/?ref=bookmarks

RCZ1

Reaction score
So let me reverse this question. Who is travelling the least amount of miles to The Lion? State your starting location and miles

RCZ1

Reaction score
Final list Yorkshire Meet

Official Attendance List

Kez Thirkettle and John (food ordered)
Sharon Mason and Bri (Food ordered)
Sophie Ree and Steven Maverick Lawrence (Food ordered)
Shazza Ellis and Lyle (food ordered)
Jeff RCZash and Frances (food ordered)
Adam Priestley and Craig (food ordered)
Stephen Gray and Marie (no food)
Julia Cook (food ordered)
Tony Cunnington and Sammy (food ordered)
Sharon Atkin and Tony (no food)
Tim Bramley + Jim (food ordered)

Mark Travis (208 GTI) + Stewart (food ordered)

11 RCZs
23 people (19 people eating)

Forum
Neil and Karin (food ordered)
Mick and Jeanette (food ordered)
Guppy (Jonathan) (Food ordered)
Bailey (Mick) (food ordered)
Mrker50 (no meal)
Sxemf (Jason) (food ordered)
Les and Karen (Mick’s brother) (food ordered)
Martyn (Smarty) and Noki (food ordered)

8 RCZs
12 people (11 people eating)

Total
19 RCZs (1 208 GTI)
35 people (5 not eating) (30 table booking)

A

Anonymous

Apologies but it will just be me next week for the meet as Fiona will not be coming... we parted company! Not sure if a food order can be removed now, but if so, it will be the prawn cocktail and chicken supreme with rice.

If not then there's a spare meal for someone else.

J

RCZ1

Reaction score
sxemf said:
Apologies but it will just be me next week for the meet as Fiona will not be coming... we parted company! Not sure if a food order can be removed now, but if so, it will be the prawn cocktail and chicken supreme with rice.

If not then there's a spare meal for someone else.

J

Sorry to hear that Jason but it’s not a problem to remove her food order

RCZ1

Reaction score
Only 5 sleeps to go until this year’s annual Yorkshire Meet!

Who is excited ???? !!!!!

Went and checked out the route for the final time today. Everything is looking good.

Food is ordered
Table is booked.
Route is checked and double checked
Comfort stops have been checked
Stop for refreshments is different !

Members ready

Below is a driving in convoy protocol which I hope you will all read and take note of. This should help ensure that we don’t lose anyone along the way.

*** Convoy driving helpful tips ***

1. There will be 2 convoys.
2. There is a lead car leading each convoy.
3. Make a note of the RCZ in front AND behind you.
4. If you lose sight of the RCZ behind you, especially when nearing a turning and the RCZs in front of you have turned, slow down and try and wait for the RCZ behind to catch you up.
5. Flash your lights at the RCZ in front to alert them that some of the RCZs have been held up.
6. All cars in the front subsequently flash your lights to bring it to the attention of the lead car to allow them to wait for all Zs to get back together and slow down to allow the others to catch up.
7. If at all possible stop close to the junction so that lost Zs may see you especially if you have taken a turning as part of the convoy.
8. Hopefully this way we won’t lose any RCZs on the convoy (but there is a map and route directions in your handout to help).
9. If you do become lost from the main group. Head to the nearest comfort break” stops. There are 2 on the route and highlighted.
10. Please adhere to speed limits at all times. Speed camera are very active in the area (mobile speed camera vans).
11. Stay safe and follow the Highway Code at all times !

*** Maps of the route and directions. Please have a read of the map and directions before the day so you have an idea of where we are going. The route is a total of 70 miles.

!!!!! Some additional route tips!

At Great Broughton roundabout we go left. It’s a bit of a busy road this one so the convoy may become broken up for a while until we get to Chop Gate (stay in the main road all the way to Chop Gate). Here we will stop at the village hall / public toilets for a comfort break and to reconvene. This will be a short stop only.

From Chop Gate we will head to Helmsley sticking to the main road. Go by the big church in Helmsley and turn left. At the mini roundabout turn right. Here we will head to Sutton Bank (signposted Thirsk too). Before you reach the summit of Sutton Bank take a left turn, signposted Yorkshire Gliding Club. *** This is our second comfort break and refreshments can be bought here.

*** please note: DO NOT go beyond the boundaries clearly marked at the Gliding Club. Cars must be parked in the area clearly marked “Visitor parking”. As you walk towards the hangars keep to the left and follow the signs which show “visitors to report to office”. The office is on your right inside the circular building. It may or may not be open but do check in with them if it is open. The cafe is upstairs where the viewing area also is. There is a seating area outside also. We envisage around an hour stop here (depending on traffic).

Head back down to Helmsley and at the mini roundabout turn right. We will head back to The Lion where we aim to be back for around 4pm-4.15pm. Table is booked for 4.30pm.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like a great route this year :thumbup: can’t wait it’s going to be a great day out everything crossed for good weather it’s looking promising :dance:

DanRo

Reaction score
Yes looks like Kez did here absolute best to find a nice route, it's only a shame you will not be driving in one convoy

RCZ1

Reaction score
DanRo said:
Yes looks like Kez did here absolute best to find a nice route, it's only a shame you will not be driving in one convoy

It’s much safer to do it this way in the UK because some of the roads in this area are quite narrow and driving with a lot of cars on those sort of roads is not viable.

DanRo

Reaction score
Yes I understand I'm only saying it's a shame you can't, it's soo much fun to see a these RCZ in one convoy

A

Anonymous

Hi, long time since my last post, hope it's not too late but I will be attending the Yorkshire meet, look forward to seeing you

RCZ1

Reaction score
Mikeh said:
Hi, long time since my last post, hope it's not too late but I will be attending the Yorkshire meet, look forward to seeing you

Hi Mike, that’s good although it is too late for food. Orders although you may still be order on the day. Will you be bringing anyone with you ?

RCZ1

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Final list Yorkshire Meet

Official Attendance List

Kez Thirkettle and John (food ordered)
Sharon Mason and Bri (Food ordered)
Sophie Ree and Steven Maverick Lawrence (Food ordered)
Shazza Ellis and Lyle (food ordered)
Jeff RCZash and Frances (food ordered)
Adam Priestley and Craig (food ordered)
Stephen Gray and Marie (no food)
Julia Cook (food ordered) NOT ATTENDING
Tony Cunnington and Sammy (food ordered)
Sharon Atkin and Tony (no food)
Tim Bramley + Jim (food ordered)

Mark Travis (208 GTI) + Stewart (food ordered)

10 RCZs
22 people (18 people eating)

Forum
Neil and Karin (food ordered)
Mick and Jeanette (food ordered)
Guppy (Jonathan) (Food ordered)
Bailey (Mick) (food ordered)
Mrker50 (no meal)
Sxemf (Jason) (food ordered)
Les and Karen (Mick’s brother) (food ordered)
Martyn (Smarty) and Noki (food ordered)
Mike (Mikeyh)

8 RCZs
11 people (11 people eating)

Total
18 RCZs (1 208 GTI)
33 people (5 not eating) (29 table booking)

A

Anonymous

Hi everyone, where is the meeting point for the meet tomorrow, is it at the lion?, thanks

2retro

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Start to arrive at The Lion, Blakey Ridge from 11am onwards.

Chance for photographs, grab drinks, toilet facilities etc and meet fellow enthusiasts

From 12.45 - 13.15 leave The Lion in 2 convoys with 15 minute gap in between.

Drive through the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors taking in Ingleby Greenhow, Great Broughton, Chop Gate (comfort break available here). Carry on up to Helmsley and onto Sutton Bank where there is chance for refreshment and comfort break and more photographs. Then back down to Helmsley, Kirkbymoorside and back to The Lion for our meal booked for 4.30pm.

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
Safe journey to all who are attending the Yorkshire meet looking forward to meeting you all and seeing your amazing cars, for those who haven’t been to Blakey ridge before due to the altitude it’s normally 10 degrees cooler up there make sure you take along a good warm coat! Hope the weather proves me wrong :beer:

RCZ1

Reaction score
neilgsxr69 said:
Safe journey to all who are attending the Yorkshire meet looking forward to meeting you all and seeing your amazing cars, for those who haven’t been to Blakey ridge before due to the altitude it’s normally 10 degrees cooler up there make sure you take along a good warm coat! Hope the weather proves me wrong :beer:

It’s a beautiful morning up here at The Lion. The sun is shining and it’s only going to get warmer !

Safe journey’s everyone and see you all later :)

2retro

Reaction score
Have fun, everyone. Looking forward to seeing all the pics later! :thumbup: