What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

You could not make it up!

A

Anonymous

Tell them to check the engine mount, the one under the engine at the bottom. it only takes a few minutes to fix.

A

Anonymous

Thanks, a couple of people have told me about the engine mount, it is worth a try, at this rate I will have a re built car!!

A

Anonymous

Car going in again on Wednesday to have the engine mounts checked, hoping this will finally be it, fingers crossed, it's been a long 15 Mths. Thanks to the people who have tried to help!

A

Anonymous

Car in the dealers again this morning, tightened up the engine mounts, still the same. They have ordered new mounts which will take a few days to arrive. God knows how long this saga is going to last, spoke to the mechanic doing the job, he said he was baffled, if new mounts don't do the trick, they dont know what to try next.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Car in the dealers again this morning, tightened up the engine mounts, still the same. They have ordered new mounts which will take a few days to arrive. God knows how long this saga is going to last, spoke to the mechanic doing the job, he said he was baffled, if new mounts don't do the trick, they dont know what to try next.
Replacement new car courtesy of Peugeot UK perhaps? Hope the new mounts work for ya though

A

Anonymous

Just had a phone call from my dealer to say that the new engine mounts have arrived, going in again tomorrow for them to be fitted , they reckon a couple of hours work. I am such a regular at my dealers that they take me home and pick me up again when the work is done! If this dose not work, god knows what to try next!

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Just had a phone call from my dealer to say that the new engine mounts have arrived, going in again tomorrow for them to be fitted , they reckon a couple of hours work. I am such a regular at my dealers that they take me home and pick me up again when the work is done! If this dose not work, god knows what to try next!
I reckon that your car is in good working order, so either you fancy the receptionist or you just like the benefit of the courtesy car wash :lol:
But seriously, I really hope that this will solve the issue once and for all :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Picked my car up this afternoon, noise not quite as bad as it was but still there, they only replaced the bottom mount. What next??

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Picked my car up this afternoon, noise not quite as bad as it was but still there, they only replaced the bottom mount. What next??
CRY nobody would blame ya :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Car in again this morning, said it could be a drop link on the front suspension, fitted a new one, drove the couple of miles home without any noise at all, felt like a new car, after almost 18 mths of backwards and forwards to the dealer I was elated. Car has been parked in front of the house since returning from the dealers, just driven a few yards to put the car in the garage, guess what the noise is there again, is my car cursed or what? :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Car in the dealers again yesterday, 18th time for same problem. Finally cured, after spending a small fortune on new parts the problem all along was cured by loosening the engine mounts and re torquing them! After 18 Mths though my paitence has finally expired. Ordered a new 208 GTI lasr night in white, delivery next week. The test drive did the trick, the gearbox felt much slicker,the suspension felt a world apart from my Z, after seeing the interior with its DAB radio and a full size spare wheel in the boot I was hooked. After all that it was still an experience to own my Z for 2 years. :beer:

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Car in the dealers again yesterday, 18th time for same problem. Finally cured, after spending a small fortune on new parts the problem all along was cured by loosening the engine mounts and re torquing them! After 18 Mths though my paitence has finally expired. Ordered a new 208 GTI lasr night in white, delivery next week. The test drive did the trick, the gearbox felt much slicker,the suspension felt a world apart from my Z, after seeing the interior with its DAB radio and a full size spare wheel in the boot I was hooked. After all that it was still an experience to own my Z for 2 years. :beer:
I really do like your style :clap: Congratulations on the new purchase. Just goes to show that the easiest fix is sometimes the last to be tried. Image what it has cost !! Thankfully not you and thankfully it has been sorted for the new owner :clap:

A

Anonymous

That's very interesting about the new GTI...that good?!?! I think I might try and have a test drive to satisfy my curiosity...and to try and coax Mrs Rizzle into trading in her noddy 500 for one. Unfortunately, speed doesn't really interest or excite her and she's already talking about a noddy car on stilts (the 500 X)... :brick-wall:

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:

After all that you've gone for another Peugeot? You are a braver man than I am :wtf:

When I was 19 I bought a Punto Sporting. Had it less than a year and will never own another Fiat for the rest of my life.

I do like the look of the 208 and the GTI will be some car, so congrats!

A

Anonymous

Just had a call from my dealer to say my new 208 GTI will be delivered to the dealers tomorrow, not bad, just 10days from ordering. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Wow...that IS quick. Great stuff! PLEASE post loads of pics. I am so intrigued by this car.

I hope the handover goes smoothly and you enjoy a happy love affair with one another.

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
Just had a call from my dealer to say my new 208 GTI will be delivered to the dealers tomorrow, not bad, just 10days from ordering. :beer:
I bet you don't get the great unavailing ceremony as you did with the Z though :lol: Talking of the Z has the re torque cured the problem?

RCZ1

Reaction score
bradshaw said:

What colour is your GTI? I like it in red :)

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I'm warming up to the 208 GTi too. I didn't quite like the look of the standard car and the GTi isn't perfect either but it's a lot better. I've only testdriven a VTi 120 version of them but i'll be at the dealership first thing when they get one in! :D We want pictures of your new 208 when it arrives! :thumbup:

Might consider it a replacement for the RCZ actually, unless that darn Focus gets me again. We'll see... :lol:

Altho i must say i think i did the right thing by buying the RCZ instead of the Focus this time around. I'm loving it! ;)

A

Anonymous

The new GTI only comes in 4 colours, red, white ,black and silver, chose white because the red badging and red calipers look great with the white bodywork. I have told the dealer that I want a bit more than when I picked up my RCZ, all I got then was a RCZ baseball cap!! I have negotiated the following, carpet mats, full tank of fuel, K&N filter fitted, ( I have paid for the filter) richbrook tax disc holder and tyre valve caps, touch up paint and flowers for the wife and a case of John Smiths for me. They have also paid for my Reg transfer. An added bonus is road tax £50 less, £35 insurance refund, and not forgetting 0 to 60 a second faster than my THP 200.