What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

You could not make it up!

A

Anonymous

Bought my car new in March 2011, at 9 mths old started to get a knocking from the front when driving over rough surfaces especially traffic calmers. Dealer had it in on 3 different occasions, said it was the exhaust. Took it to an independant garage who couldn't find anything wrong with the exhaust. The knocking got worse so into the dealer again this time they said it was the wheel bearing, in again but the problem remained. They then said it was probably the suspension top mounts, they were on order for 7 weeks, took it in again today for that job to be done, 15 Months after my first visit, phoned me to say they had replaced one ok but on unpacking the 2nd one they found it too badly damaged to be fitted, they have now had to order a replacement. Should be in again next Tuesday! the saga continues. :helpme:

A

Anonymous

Collected my car this morning after the second OP! guess what, still the same, banging of heads against brick walls comes to mind!!

A

Anonymous

Oh, so the complaint is that they are helping you but like the rest of the human race they couldnt get it right after the first few tries. Dude, as long as they help you its good. When you guys resolve the issues come post here and help the entire community.

All of the best!

hanswuk

Reaction score
MaX83 makes a good point. If everyone who suffers elusive problems posts what was done to finally cure them (I'm being optimistic that solutions are eventually found!) it will help others who suffer the same problems.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Oh, so the complaint is that they are helping you but like the rest of the human race they couldnt get it right after the first few tries.
Dude, as long as they help you its good.
When you guys resolve the issues come post here and help the entire community.

All of the best!

hanswuk said:
MaX83 makes a good point.
If everyone who suffers elusive problems posts what was done to finally cure them (I'm being optimistic that solutions are eventually found!) it will help others who suffer the same problems.

I wonder whether you Both will be so "relaxed" when your time comes round for a problem with your car.
Good Luck to you Both :greetings-wavingblue:

hanswuk

Reaction score
I wasn't treating your problem lightly, merely pointing out that there are many instances where a dealer seems to be clueless about what is causing a problem. If we as owners know of previous similar problems and what was done to cure them it might be helpful.

A

Anonymous

Makes sense ........I thought that's what forums were for .......maybe a new topic .....problems sorted ? Please don't include the water going into boot when raising it after rain as we all know the answer to that one.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

Back to the dealers again on Monday, see what the next instalment brings! It was my intention to keep this car another year until it is 3 years old and the change to the face lifted model but if they can't sort this problem out, it will have to go, this is getting so frustrating!

A

Anonymous

:clap: :clap: Finally had enough of my dealer not sorting the problem out, contacted Peugeot direct and told them the problems I had been having. My car was in the dealers on Friday for it's 2 year service, while in there Peugeot contacted them directly and their technical staff attempted to sort the problem out. They phoned me and said the problem was with the shock absorber and that my dealer was going to replace both as soon as the parts were delivered to them. Why couldn't my dealer do that 14 mths ago? Why can't dealers provide the same wonderful service as I have just experienced from Peugeot?

A

Anonymous

The sad thing is your dealer should have contacted Peugeot when he had trouble to fix it on your first visit.

A

Anonymous

I am pleased to hear that you have FINALLY had the problem identified and now rectified. I have nothing but praise for Peugeot who were fantastic when I had a number of ongoing issues with my dealership. However, it is disappointing that it requires us to escalate things to that level in order for issues to be rectified. Unfortunately some dealerships tarnish the reputation of the Peugeot marque as a result of their lack of knowledge and poor customer service. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Yep. Nothing but praise from me too for Peugeot UK :clap: They have got issues with my former dealership sorted and then found me a good one :thumbup:

I know you shouldn't have to escalate it, however it is good knowing that you can and that they will respond :clap:

A

Anonymous

I had the same problem and took a year and a half to sort out as well. Mine was an HDI and the problem was due to the underneath engine mount being loose.

A

Anonymous

Just had a phone call from my dealer to say the new shockers have arrived, goes in again on Thursday for them to be fitted, can this finally be it after a really frustrating 15 months? Fingers and toes crossed!!

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear about your problems. Lets hope its fixed now.

I heard this noise on my RCZ the other day. Wife drives it as her daily so i didnt pick it up. Took it in and they fixed it whilst me wife was waiting (30 min job). If yours is not fixed after the new shocks, drop me a PM and I will phone my dealer to find out what they fixed. When I told them about the sound they immediately knew what was wrong... dont know why I didnt ask... **im such a noob sometimes**

hanswuk

Reaction score
MaX83 said:

I heard this noise on my RCZ the other day. Wife drives it as her daily so i didnt pick it up. Took it in and they fixed it whilst me wife was waiting (30 min job). If yours is not fixed after the new shocks, drop me a PM and I will phone my dealer to find out what they fixed. When I told them about the sound they immediately knew what was wrong... dont know why I didnt ask... **im such a noob sometimes**

What's a 'noob'? South African terminology? :)

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
MaX83 said:

What's a 'noob'? South African terminology? :)

LOL, internet term:
Newbie, newb, noob, or n00b is a slang term for a novice or newcomer

A

Anonymous

My car was in the dealers again today for new shock absorbers, suprise, suprise, not made any difference at all, dont know what they can try next, the saga continues!

A

Anonymous

bradshaw said:
My car was in the dealers again today for new shock absorbers, suprise, suprise, not made any difference at all, dont know what they can try next, the saga continues!
Get back onto Peugeot UK. You know it makes sense. So sorry for ya though. It must be so damn frustrating :evil: