What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What music are you currently listening to in your RCZ?

A

Anonymous

Classic FM. Except when my friend gets in and changes the radio to Magic.

GaryLarry

Reaction score
Today I have been cruising around listening to The Beatles 'Abbey Road', Eliza Doolittle (seeing her tomorrow) and Deadmau5! Eclectic, but all music sounds so much better in my RCZ - bring it onnnnn.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Scarlet said:
I don't know if I'm getting old but I've never heard of Nos 3 & 5 - 7. I'll have to do a search on Youtube.

I've just discovered Kloot - they are from oop North (England) - my pal from Yorkshire introduced me - on first listening they sound a bit miserable but it is really chilled beautiful music - Elbow are a bit like this too. Daniel Merriweather is fab - one of his songs 'Red' was on the radio all the time earlier this year.

Me too into 80's music - I had Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet and The Police posters up on my wall as a teenager. Went to see both Duran Duran and The Police a couple of years ago - both still excellent!

The combination of having a gorgeous car with a fantastic stereo is just fantastic - I'm loving the whole experience just now. Does wonders for the soul :p[/quote]

Ah yes, I know who Daniel Merriweather is now :D

Probably not cool to admit this now but I was heavily into Wham! I thought George Michael was the bees knees. Still into George's music now - I think he's a brilliant songwriter and singer, but he's wasting his talent these days :( I saw Wham in concert about 5 times and seen George a couple of times too - he puts on a really good show :thumbup:

I'm just going to wait for the comments now............................... :lol:

A

Anonymous

:eusa-shhh:

No worries - you can have George and I'll have Michael (Buble) - they can be our guilty secrets!!!! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Only just discovered with the help of my 2 daughters a young artist called Paula DeAnda. Her songs are so nice to listen to that she is at present the most listened to in my car. :greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Must be feeling a little chilled out lately - been playing Luther Vandross and Lionel Richie on the pod this week along with reviving Donna Summer for some good ole 70's disco music :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Something between Ludovico (really good piano player) and "Klaas meets Haddaway - What is love 2k9"...what means almost everything except metal xD

A

Anonymous

Currently (though not yet in my RCZ as it hasnt been delivered) listening on my Ipod to following (scored on most listens in past week)

1. Yimino - Breaker (whole album)
2. Autechre - Chiastic slide (whole album)
3. Aphex Twin - I care because you do (whole album)
4. Monolake - Amazon
5. U-zig - Duntisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique (whole album)
6. Cluster - Fur die katz
7. Future Sound of London - Yage
8. AFX - Analogue Bubblebath
9. Plaid - Heavens door (soundtrack)
10. Jega - Houdini

A

Anonymous

adrian said:
Currently (though not yet in my RCZ as it hasnt been delivered) listening on my Ipod to following (scored on most listens in past week)

4. Monolake - Amazon
10. Jega - Houdini

Crikey I am getting old if they are new artists :crazy:

A

Anonymous

RCZ White said:
adrian said:

4. Monolake - Amazon
10. Jega - Houdini

Crikey I am getting old if they are new artists :crazy:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Right along side you, RCZ White. I haven't heard of ANY of those artists!!! :oops:

A

Anonymous

This morning i am mostly listening to..............Fleetwood Mac.

A

Anonymous

Wow ..never heard of Aphex Twin....described by The Guardian newspaper in 2001 as "the most inventive and influential figure in contemporary electronic music."

My early youth was the 80's but instead of electro pop, new romantics, rock etc I was lucky enough to be living in Germany and France and followed experimental bands..electronic ambient and dance without the irritation of vocals. Aphex and autechre etc are modern day extensions of that music .

A

Anonymous

Hi Adrian

I was a teenager in the early 80's and I still love the new romantic stuff! Duran Duran gets played frequently in my RCZ. Just downloaded the new album, which was produced by Mark Ronson but haven't actually had a chance to listen to it yet. I am embarrassed to admit that I downloaded a load of Phil Collins and Genesis the other night but I feel that Genesis quite suits bombing along in the RCZ!!!!!

I think after much consideration, the sound system in the RCZ is one of my favourite things about the car!

BTW Aphex Twin are the only ones on your list I have heard of!!! :D

Cheers
Scarlet

A

Anonymous

My ipod only has Metal on it, so the bands I listen to mainly are:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Metallica
Saxon
Iron Maiden
AC DC
Guns N Roses
Jimi Hendrix
Judas Priest
Lynyrd Synyrd
Wolfmother
Avenged Sevenfold

etc etc.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Scarlet said:
Hi Adrian

I was a teenager in the early 80's and I still love the new romantic stuff! Duran Duran gets played frequently in my RCZ. Just downloaded the new album, which was produced by Mark Ronson but haven't actually had a chance to listen to it yet. I am embarrassed to admit that I downloaded a load of Phil Collins and Genesis the other night but I feel that Genesis quite suits bombing along in the RCZ!!!!!

I think after much consideration, the sound system in the RCZ is one of my favourite things about the car!

BTW Aphex Twin are the only ones on your list I have heard of!!! :D

Cheers
Scarlet

Hi Scarlet

I like Phil Collins, got of few of his on my pod, but not necessarily Genesis... !

The sound system IS great in the RCZ - nothing better to have some great songs playing, with the volume pumped up - fantastic :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

having a blast from the past day
alison limerick - where love lives classic
associates- club country ( waste of a good life billy )
icicle works - love is a wonderful colour happy times
sharon brown - i specialize in love early clubing music
america - ventura highway quality
faithless - god is a dj luv the electronic music :
nirvana - smells like teen spirit no more to be said quality rip kurt
and just finished listening to bread
as you can see luv all types of music and just a pleasure to listen to whilst ( rolling deep ) ive got to stop listening to the young lads at work :ugeek: :geek: :oops:

RCZ1

Reaction score
mel said:
having a blast from the past day
alison limerick - where love lives classic
associates- club country ( waste of a good life billy )
icicle works - love is a wonderful colour happy times
sharon brown - i specialize in love early clubing music
america - ventura highway quality
faithless - god is a dj luv the electronic music :
nirvana - smells like teen spirit no more to be said quality rip kurt
and just finished listening to bread
as you can see luv all types of music and just a pleasure to listen to whilst ( rolling deep ) ive got to stop listening to the young lads at work :ugeek: :geek: :oops:

Have to agree with you Mel - Alison Limerick - Where Love Lives - an absolute club classic. Always pump up the volume when that when come on :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi Scarlet

Yep the 80's were fun, even more so in Germany (nightclubs didn't close till 6am ) :). I daren't show pictures of the period though..I've a few wearing purple suits :-( and having outrageous hair styles :)

Looking forward to listening to my music in the RCZ. Ive ordered the Upgrade but it seems the standard audio is good :)

Currently used to an 8 channel 13 speaker surround sound Bose system in my A6 but with the smaller cabin in the RCZ I'm expecting a great audio experience

A

Anonymous

I would like to add my taste in music to the forum. As a 60’s child I was brought up on Tamla, Black Atlantic, & Stax . The disco’s and club scene were all the rage – hence a very strong leaning to the above, anything disco, and R&B; Also I like to listen to - what I call cool jazz type numbers – real classy sounds!

A sample of stuff on my in-car IPod is as follows:

Aretha Franklin – Greatest Hits
The Beatles – Let It Be – Naked
Sgt Peppers LHB
Billy Joel Piano Man
Boyz 11 Men Hitsville USA (absolutely brill on the RCZ sound system)
Chaka Khan – Life isa Dance (Remix Project)
Chritina Aguilera Stripped
Classic Chillout (Disc 1 & 2)
Coldplay Viva La Vida
Diane Krall From this moment on
Diana Krall The Look of Love
Diane Krall The very best ofAll time greatest duets – Pop/R&B/Rock
Eagles – Long Road out of Eden
Edwin Starr A tribute
ELO – the very Best of
ELO – Heroes of Popmusic
Elton John – Greatest Hots – 1970 – 2002
Four Tops Reach Out
Frank Sinatra - All the hits and more (4/5 albums)
Northern Soul
Classic – Handel greatest Hits >>>>> get this – classic tracks
Hot Chocolate - Greatest Hits
Marvin Gaye - Love’Marvin
Tina Turner - All the best
Jamiroquai High Times
War of the Worlds - - absolutely ace!
Jimi Hendrix Rock memories ( Watchtower/Purple hazeVoodoo Child)
You wanna hear this in the RCZ speakers – how
Joss Stone Soul sessions
Katy Perry One of the Boys
Lemar Time to Grow
Leona Lewis Spirit
Lighthouse Family – 3 albums – all their hits
Lulu - A little soul in your heart ( you wnna listen to this if you like soul – she isace)
Michael Bubble – 3 albums
Michael Jackson – History – all discs
Rod Stewart
The Rolling Stones – Best Off and Rolled Gold
Sade – Diamond Life
Stevie Wonder – Song Review
Take That – 3 albums inc Greatest Hits
Toni Braxton Pulse and Secrets
Snow patrol - Final Straw

80’s Groov Ministry of Sound 3 discs
Abba Gold
Dire Straits Private investigations
Rock Scool – the best Air Guitar Anthems
Oasis Whats the Story
Temptations – greatest Hits
And a whole shedload missed out.

Quite a mix - alot of Northern Soul albums are on as well.

What do you think

Russell