What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Washdown for what?

2retro

Reaction score
Knew you'd get orange in there somewhere! :lol:

Looks awesome!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
2retro said:
Knew you'd get orange in there somewhere! :lol:

Looks awesome!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks 2retro glad you like it..... I was trying to get orange in there you're right, it's my favourite colour.

Sorry for all the red herrings, but you saw straight through them anyway !!

Nemi, " Looks awesome :shock: :shock: :shock: "

Thank you, if you are still going to the European meeting - you'll see me there - say hello - at least you'll know which car is mine - LOL..

Thanks all for comments - :thumbup: :thumbup:

Cheers M. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well it's been all of about a month and I'm fed up with the wrap, I want it white again !

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Just kidding !!

thought I'd give it a good wash though and kinda remembered what it looked like - sort of !

Don't be fooled into thinking a wrap is gonna be easy street when it comes to cleaning - it's not, you get lots of static which attracts any dust back off your cloths, and now because its a lot darker than the white ( obviously ) I am experiencing the dust straight away after cleaning. Good thing I can still use the Fusso99, that makes it a lot easier, just gotta be a lot more careful about dust grains in the cloths, vinyl is not as forgiving as paint varnish.

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Perhaps, you just got a bit too excited! :oops: :oops:
But seriously, do you have to be careful of what you use to get that mirror finish?
I guess, no buffing, nor abrasives.
What if you put it in for a valet (yes, I expect you do it yourself, but I am a lazy bu99er!), do you have to shout "vinyl wrap" in their lughole?
And would they understand and treat differently?
:beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
I don't think you can get the kinda shine that you get from a paint job, but since I got gloss it's probably as near as you can get.

I have used the buffer and I have used different waxes, I haven't polished it yet or used any twin pack sealers, though the finish isn't that bad.....

I would definitely tell them that the car is wrapped and to go careful near the edges or any seams, even catching the wrap with your nail can mark it, though I have been told by the chap who put it on, that you can buffer out light scratches !

Don't get me wrong mine is not covered in marks, I have been very careful.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Autosmart Topaz Polish is excellent for black arches. It is also recommended for Vinyl Wrap. It is very easy to apply & take off, it is a hybrid polish, so doesn’t mark paintwork, glass, plastic trim etc.

I use it for my arches as it restores them when rain has dried leaving marks.

Attachments

• A42E3A1A-EB40-4A6A-98E3-9894E5F361A6.jpeg
    A42E3A1A-EB40-4A6A-98E3-9894E5F361A6.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,744

tianorth

Reaction score
Can you get those static discharger this that you use to see on all the cars?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
tianorth said:

Maybe Chris, but I don't get a shock, it's just it seems to charge up when polishing, especially the black spoiler.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
tianorth said:

Maybe Chris, but I don't get a shock, it's just it seems to charge up when polishing, especially the black spoiler.

Do you have some lint free cloths. That’s your answer

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
tianorth said:

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
My wise old dad, and an engineer in the true and old sense of the word in all disciplines, once said (when those straps were popular), that the only way to discharge static in a metal chassis/body car, is to drive a three foot copper spike into the ground and attach via cable and croc clip to the chassis. :crazy:
But then you might have a difficulty if you want to go anywhere! :lol: