What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Washdown for what?

x17one

Reaction score
Mick Hope you finally took the plunge. It will look epic. But make sure that Kitchen is done first though.

Will it be back for the Yorkshire meet :clap: :dance:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
x17one said:
Mick Hope you finally took the plunge. It will look epic. But make sure that Kitchen is done first though.

Will it be back for the Yorkshire meet :clap: :dance:

Life's all about compromises and wishful deals....

My wife does the compromising and I make wishful deals .... Ha Ha .

Yes, the plan is that the first major change will be completed and ready for the Yorkshire Meeting, unfortunately the next stage will be after both Yorkshire and Euro meet, but ready for the Pug Fest and French car show. Yeah...

The new kitchen is bought and paid for and almost ready to install, so everyone's happy.

Cheers M. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well guys since some of you are so switched on with the new look on the street, I thought I would share a glimpse of what I've chosen for my wrap, now you have to use your imagination here, but I'm sure you'll manage..

And I might have found your camouflaged car Pete..

Thanks M.

x17one

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Well guys since some of you are so switched on with the new look on the street, I thought I would share a glimpse of what I've chosen for my wrap, now you have to use your imagination here, but I'm sure you'll manage..

Thanks M.

Love it Mick it will look epic cant wait to see it

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

Thanks M.
Won't have to clean it again; or if you did, would you know? :lol:

2retro

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

Thanks M.
I think this might be a red herring... :eusa-think:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:

M.

So that’s where it went :eek: keep an eye on it & I’ll pop round :lol:

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I kind of think its weird trying to make plastic bumpers look rusty though :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You could just buy a Fiat, they manage it all by themselves :eusa-whistle:

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh I'll have you know I had a fiat and there was no rust on it!

Body filler doesn't rust...

:D
DKZ5745 said:
You could just buy a Fiat, they manage it all by themselves :eusa-whistle:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My first ever company car was a Fiat 128cl special. It did go well, but the bottom of both doors went rusty round about 6 months old :lol:

Mind you, I didn’t really see it very often, it spent most of its life in the garage :eusa-whistle:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
Sadly, first hand experience, also. :(
In about 1980, I had a superb Mirafiori 131 Sport, that was a fun car. :clap:
Whilst performance, handling and comfort were exceptional, the body shell was not, and started to rot after a silly short time. :thumbdown:
So got rid. :(

Attachments

• 131sport.jpg
    131sport.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 3,254

2retro

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Well all will be revealed at the Yorkshire Meeting, then and only then I will post on the forum some pics, though probably a video might do it more justice ? mmm ?

Cheers M.
Soon... ;)

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Ok Z'ers some of you might already have seen some pics of my car by now, but here's a few from me on this thread...

Just as it came out at the pickup but without badges.... and before washing and waxing ( had to wait )

A hidden jewel.....

or two....

From one colour...

to another....

So, I hope you like and if you are wondering what the colour is called - it's Gloss Roaring Thunder by Avery.

Thanks... and Cheers :beer: More pics in the Yorkshire meeting post.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
stewartwillsher said:
KNOCKOUT!!!! :clap: :thumbup: :dance:
What colour do you put on the reg docs, tho'? :eusa-whistle:

Thanks Stewart !

Though I have registered the change with my insurance ( most important ), I have and will not be changing the colour on the reg doc V5. This is because it will then show as having a colour change on the HPi check and people will think it's been in a crash or something, when it clearly hasn't. Once I get fed up or want another colour, then I'll just peel it off and hey Tesco ( updated for 21st century ) it's white again.

Glad you like it. It is one of those that you really must see to fully appreciate the colours morphing from blue / purple / gold / copper / orange and even pink so I'm told !!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
stewartwillsher said:
KNOCKOUT!!!! :clap: :thumbup: :dance:
What colour do you put on the reg docs, tho'? :eusa-whistle:

Thanks Stewart !

Though I have registered the change with my insurance ( most important ), I have and will not be changing the colour on the reg doc V5. This is because it will then show as having a colour change on the HPi check and people will think it's been in a crash or something, when it clearly hasn't. Once I get fed up or want another colour, then I'll just peel it off and hey Tesco ( updated for 21st century ) it's white again.

Glad you like it. It is one of those that you really must see to fully appreciate the colours morphing from blue / purple / gold / copper / orange and even pink so I'm told !!

It’s true. You have to really see it in the flesh to appreciate all its qualities and constantly changing colours from every different angle you look at it. Photos don’t do it justice

renegade79

Reaction score
Bold move but man it’s paid off. Looks awesome - well done!!! :clap:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
Bold move but man it’s paid off. Looks awesome - well done!!! :clap:

Thanks Renegade79,

It certainly was and though I did it for myself, I feel very humble that those who have seen it and photos, say it looks nice. It is always a bonus when the comments coming back are positive.

I changed my mind at the last minute from another colour changing wrap which was my favourite choice for months, and when you have a swatch 2" x 3" it is very hard to imagine on the car, especially the Z with all it's curves.

Thanks Again :thumbup: