What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Washdown for what?

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well I decided that yesterday I'd treat the car to a washdown.......

But why?

Car before - not mucky at all

Some of the products I used

rinse the dust off

snow foam

Rinse off then apply the Iron X liberally - you'll see this turns the iron purple

Then a thorough rinse off - the sun came out and made the z look funny with the wet droplets

Then I used clay bar and did the whole car

Quick rinse and dry off

I also gave all the windows 2 coatings of " X OFF " rain repellent for the last time.

No polish you might ask, no wax you might say? mmm why?

Well I'll tell you.....

For ages I've been wondering what to do to liven things up a bit with the colour ( not pink Neil or 2retro !)

Yes I love the white, but as I've mentioned before, to me it's a little plain without the odd decal or similar here and there.
So, it's going away for a while and when it comes back it will be a lot different.... in colour, in more ways than one !
Anyway I'm not saying no more until it comes back, but this is why I've stripped it down to the original paintwork without any additives.
Now the cars three years old and out of manufacturers warranty, I can start to tinker in a small way.

Cheers M. :beer: :dance: :thumbup:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
“Mmm” not pink? Maybe a nice baby blue :eusa-think:
The plot thickens :crazy:

tianorth

Reaction score
I reckon Mick is going to get a visit from the budda chap and get slapped across the chops!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I once had a car wrapped with a really good camouflage pattern. It did look fantastic when I had it done, but sadly, I never managed to find it afterwards :eusa-whistle:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
Abzynthe said:
Something like this maybe? lol

Have you guys been looking or what ? LOL :thumbup:

Just want to give this picture some more air time... it looks mint doesn't it ?

I love how the brown morphs into the black / grey / rust / primed area.

No more worries with buffering accidents - :dance: :dance:

2retro

Reaction score
GTi Style! :cool:

Attachments

• gti_style.jpg
    gti_style.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 3,232

renegade79

Reaction score
2retro said:
Love that coupe franche paintwork. I would love the coupe franche paint job on my GTi.
@plexdoras, how long did you spend cleaning and claying the car? Looks great! :thumbup:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
2retro said:
Love that coupe franche paintwork. I would love the coupe franche paint job on my GTi.
@plexdoras, how long did you spend cleaning and claying the car? Looks great! :thumbup:

Well probably a couple of hours, which for me will be 3 !!

Thanks, but it doesn't have that sparkle clean that you get after a polish and wax, it's hard to explain but it looks quite flat ?

One thing I can tell you is that I had some very small dots here and there, not tar but brown, well the clay bar took them off and I've been rubbing them for ages and couldn't shift 'em. So, it was worth it for that alone.

I think it is good to take it back to start again afresh, though as I've said this is so that the wrap has the best chance of adhesion.

Cheers M. :beer:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
You going a really nice bright blue ? That would look awesome on a R :)

Do you mean like this ?

I don't know about doing the arches, for me I'd have left these black like the roof ?

:beer:

stewartwillsher

Reaction score
At the mo', most motors round here, not garaged (i.e. ours), have the Sahara finish.
The recent rain was endowed with a sandy component from North Africa, so no matter what your colour, it has a layer of beige speckles on it! :lol:

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well all will be revealed at the Yorkshire Meeting, then and only then I will post on the forum some pics, though probably a video might do it more justice ? mmm ?

Cheers M.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Plecodoras said:
RCZ1 said:
You going a really nice bright blue ? That would look awesome on a R :)

Do you mean like this ?

I don't know about doing the arches, for me I'd have left these black like the roof ?

:beer:

No I wouldn’t do the roof arches either. Black would give a contrast. The new Audi TT blue is very nice.

I look forward to seeing the results at the Yorkshire Meet.