What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Upgrading to a RCZ

RCZ1

Reaction score
Totally off topic, but my dealer has given me the manager's RCZ whilst my car is being sorted. I think its Charcoal - doesn't look quite black............... maybe grey.......................... maybe .......... ? !

It's a GT diesel with Sat Nav, not sure it's got JBL - haven't tried the stereo yet with the black Solstice wheels. Looks very stealthy but not really my cup of tea I'm afraid. It is very torquey though :)

ksb

Reaction score
So... my journey up north was fun, the RCZ is obviously fine on the motorway, although remembering to shift into 6th is something to get used to ;)

Around the yorkshire lanes is where the car really showed its teeth, I found it really well balanced, I think it could really do with slightly longer gearing low down, as it was finding the redline with ease and leaving me with an annoying gear change at typical A-road over taking speeds. (no idea how the petrol engines compare) A remap might sort it. It's a minor niggle but you are left feeling that peugeot have delivered an amazing chassis but a watered down engine.

Inside, all was good, the back seats actually give you somewhere really handy and easily reachable for drinks and snacks ;) Trying to prop up my phone for satnav and failing has sold me the inbuilt satnav option. It seems they have actually made bluetooth work properly, the few calls I had were clear both ways and I enjoyed being able to play a few audiobooks off the phone itself (I found the usb connector too, which is just ridiculously useful, especially as it's powered).

Comfort: I'm a fairly big guy (although getting thinner by the day ;) ), howevert I am only 5'9, still getting in the car knocks the side of my head, this might be because I'm less flexible at the waist as nobody else seems to complain about it, anyway a problem which is being solved. The seats are great, I still think fabric would be more comfy. The absolute wealth of space in the cabin makes it easy to adopt whatever driving position is needed, certainly I found that with my seat in the right position there was space enough in the back for someone to sit. As far as controls, etc, it's no different from the 308 (but the clocks are much nicer), so all good there.

I did wonder about the little spoiler at the back, it didn't seem to automatically go up or down, is it meant to? Does it actually help?

I still have the journey back to do but so far I'm pretty damn keen on getting one, the Sport v's GT v's new v's 2nd hand debate has been very helpful, but I'm still a little at a loss of which way to go. Then there's the idea of just going for an Asphalt ;)

A

Anonymous

The spoiler is automatically activated and has two settings. This first of which you won't be able to see from the rear view mirror and is activated at 50mph. The second activation is visible at higher (read illegal) speeds (96 mph)...so I "hear". ;) it can also be manually activated by the switch in front of the handbrake. Can't tell you how much it helps because obviously it comes into play automatically.

As for the "getting in" to the RCZ...I really do not find this a problem and am a number of inches taller. Just ensure your seat is low enough perhaps?

ksb

Reaction score
Getting in will just be because I'm too bloody lardy ;)

You know, I reckon a great after market addon would be an automatic raising/lowering boot lid, it almost screams out for one when you first open it ;)

A

Anonymous

Aah...my boyish good looks and figure :lol: counter my height...:lol:

Yeah the automatic boot would be great...as would water not gushing into the boot when you open it!!

A

Anonymous

ksb said:
Getting in will just be because I'm too bloody lardy ;)

You know, I reckon a great after market addon would be an automatic raising/lowering boot lid, it almost screams out for one when you first open it ;)
Just think of it as a sports car and set the seat lower accordingly. Access is then no longer an issue. Why an automatic opening boot lid? You can release the locking mechanism via the key fob as it is.

Get the GT or live to regret not doing so. You know that you like your toys, so buy a good one................. you deserve it :clap:

ksb

Reaction score
The seat is as low as it can go, as for thinking of it as a sports car? it is one isn't it? ;)

Fairly harsh judgement that the sports model is 'bad', although for all I know the forum members who own a 'sport' could well regret it.

As the leather seats don't really ring my bell, the only thing I think I might regret is the smaller wheels, but a number of lovely alternatives appear available from Steven at a fraction of the overall upgrade price.

Anyway I appreciate the encouragement, and lets see what deals they feel willing to offer me tomorrow

RCZ1

Reaction score
I would say as a Sport owner, and there are others, that I have no regrets about buying that particular model. It has everything I need, apart from leather, which I mentioned before, but I resolved that issue. I had a GT model RCZ as a courtesy car on Monday and it didn't make me think "I've got to have one".

The only thing that would make it better is to have more alloy wheel design choices. There is only one design of 18 inch wheels and it would be nice to have more.:)

Good luck in your decision making :)

ksb

Reaction score
I am now the proud owner of a new White RCZ sport with a black grille and the dealer will repaint the stock alloys in black, I got a good deal on the price and my 308 as trade in and am pretty damn happy about the result.

Estimated delivery in September.

Woot.

A

Anonymous

ksb said:
I am now the proud owner of a new White RCZ sport with a black grille and the dealer will repaint the stock alloys in black, I got a good deal on the price and my 308 as trade in and am pretty damn happy about the result.

Estimated delivery in September.

Woot.

*BOOM* :thumbup: :) Told ya it would win you over!! :lol: so you went with the sport in the end huh? I take it it's the 156BHP version you went with? Which white did you go for, opal or pearl? With the black grille and black alloys, I'd go for black wing mirrors. It looks REALLY good on white RCZs with black alloys. :thumbup:

ksb

Reaction score
Mrizzle: Yeah the 156bhp, I'd looked into the 200 but the overall performance increase (on paper) didn't seem enough to justify the $$$. I didn't specify the black mirrors, but you know you may just be right there, a phone call may need to be had ;)

Bradshaw: 100% agree.

A

Anonymous

It really does look smart!! The performance difference is negligible between the two in real terms. It does make a nice sound but I think it's only a better route if buying second hand. I quite agree, it doesn't justify the extra few grand. Well roll on September for you then!! I'm sure you'll do what most is did while we waited and fill your boots with the forum, cleaning and detailing products, ways to personalise, non boy racer/fast and furious modifications etc. Did you go for the vision pack? If not, one must is upgrading the lights. Best aftermarket options are, again, available through RCZperformance. Anyway, good work and I know you'll be delighted with your choice! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

ksb said:
Mrizzle: Yeah the 156bhp, I'd looked into the 200 but the overall performance increase (on paper) didn't seem enough to justify the $$$. I didn't specify the black mirrors, but you know you may just be right there, a phone call may need to be had ;)
The thing with the black mirror is ALL of the mirror is the same colour. If you do not specify black then the lower half will be black and the upper part will be white. Make the call as black looks great on white anyway, but as you have gone for black grille and wheels........ it just has to be done :thumbup:

The RCZ does choose ya, doesn't it? :clap:

A

Anonymous

Deff go with black mirrors with white as Ron says the bottom 1/2 is black anyway not so noticeable with other colours

ksb

Reaction score
Quick update...

The car is built and in the UK, I even have a registration for it (although I assume this is to hit their year end goals and in fact the car may not the built and still in Austria!, but lets ignore sense for a second)

The guys at Wokingham motors assure me it will be in their hands this coming week, and then they'll repaint the alloys to my specification and it should be in my hands the week after.

This is my first ever brand new car, so if anyone has any advice to pre-delivery check then I'm all ears, likewise if anyone local wants to head down and show Wokingham motors that we're a collective force to be reckoned with, and they better take good care of us ;) then you're also welcome (obviously drive out and pub included)

Hehe, excited!

A

Anonymous

Oooh yes - count me in. There are quite a few of us in Wokingham/Bracknell area now...................

ksb

Reaction score
Well, no news yet, but the V5 did arrive in the post. This waiting lark is not all it's cracked up to be!

ksb

Reaction score
Cool, My new car is at the dealership, alloys are being done and I have a pickup day of tuesday.

I'm very excited!