What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyres - How Many Miles on First Set

A

Anonymous

Hang on a minute here...are you trying to pimp me out now RCZ1?!?! :eek:

A

Anonymous

:lol:
mrizzle said:
Hang on a minute here...are you trying to pimp me out now RCZ1?!?! :eek:

Or is it DIRK RIZZO DIGGLER.............. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Back on topic (!!!!) ....
I have to agree with Rizz, any 'mod' can be a right pain in the hoop - and it's best to declare it to be on the safe side. I wouldn't be surprised if it does change your premium for a tyre profile change ... but I've been lucky ... I think that because my lower profile tyres are a "safety enhancement" it's kinda cancelled out any premium differences.

Honesty is the best policy when it comes to insurance.......

A

Anonymous

Anyone aware of any other tyre brands that do 235/40/R19?

Here are the brands I have found so far, everything seems to be preium or budget. But nothing mid-range.

Acceler (something or other)
Nankang
Continental
Michelin
Bridgestone
Pirelli

Any others?

Cheers,

A

Anonymous

It's a pretty rare size to be honest so you won't find a big selection.

A

Anonymous

right guys, last question from me on this one (big thanks for all the advice so far, great forum site)

Insurance side is sorted.

But, If so switch to 235/35/R19's will this impact my vehicle warranty?

Brakes and tyres etc. obviously are not covered, but is there a requirement on keeping the same tyre size incase it causes faults elsewhere on the car, can't see how this would stack up as even tyres of the same size vary hugely in characteristics etc.

Any help much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I don't have a definitive answer for this but my understanding is that the warranty is only affected if claiming for a part that is directly impacted by any modifications/alterations that do not comply with manufacturer recommendations. I can't imagine that your change of tyre profile would impact on terribly much. Perhaps the suspension but not an awful lot else covered under warranty. Do you have tyre sensors? I suppose that may be one other are affected by the change of profile. There are probably others who know more on this than me. It's probably worth checking with a dealership.

A

Anonymous

I don't have tyres sensors so in that respect I guess is should be fine.

A

Anonymous

a_french said:
right guys, last question from me on this one (big thanks for all the advice so far, great forum site)

Insurance side is sorted.

But, If so switch to 235/35/R19's will this impact my vehicle warranty?

Brakes and tyres etc. obviously are not covered, but is there a requirement on keeping the same tyre size incase it causes faults elsewhere on the car, can't see how this would stack up as even tyres of the same size vary hugely in characteristics etc.

Any help much appreciated.

The warranty will not be affected how could it :wtf: that's like saying if i put cheap correct sized tyres on my car it could affect the warranty, there's a bit of paranoia creaping into this thread just be honest phone the insurance company as long as they are the correct width/speed rating there will not be a problem just say you prefer this profile size it will cost say £240 less for 4 tyres on a 35 profile rating and the insurance add £20 or no doubt if any a year to your premium,so it's a win win scenario having been in a accident over 4 months AGO and spoke to the insurance guy who wrote my mothers golf off,which had 215/45/17 VW wheels on it, not the ORIGINAL wheel/tyre size these where 195/50/16 made no mention of this they only check tyre tread depth's and overall vehicle condition,services history.......etc THAT IS A
FACT not conjecture

A

Anonymous

To back that up, I spoke to my insurace company (admiral) today and they had no problem with switching tyre profiles and there was no charge for declaring this. they were only interested if the wheels were changing. Sorted and about 300 quid better off.

A

Anonymous

a_french said:
To back that up, I spoke to my insurace company (admiral) today and they had no problem with switching tyre profiles and there was no charge for declaring this. they were only interested if the wheels were changing. Sorted and about 300 quid better off.

Sorted :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

That is useful to know, good work.

I'm with Admiral as well so should I need a new set I know what to do :)

A

Anonymous

Does anyone have an pics of an RCZ with 235 35 R19 tyres fitted? I'd be interested to see how they look compared with the standard fit 235 40 R19's.

My tyres are right on the legal limit now so need to get them switched!

A

Anonymous

a_french said:
Does anyone have an pics of an RCZ with 235 35 R19 tyres fitted? I'd be interested to see how they look compared with the standard fit 235 40 R19's.

My tyres are right on the legal limit now so need to get them switched!

They will be a bit slimmer on the sidewall profile about 12mm less but a great bit cheaper mate best to go to to a tyre dealer and and have a look at 35 profile and get expert advice its the best and only way :thumbup: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, I understand the difference in the sidewall dimension.

I guess I am just interested in seeing how they actually look on the car,

A pic would be much appreciated from anyone running 235 35 R19's please?

Cheers,