What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyres - How Many Miles on First Set

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
jassyo06 said:
35 are the way to go :thumbup: any photos of the 35 winter tyres D

Next 'daylight' opportunity I get Jass .... they're still covered in glue just now though! :eusa-shhh:

it get darker up there later does it not :?: Aberdeen being closer to the arctic.... :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
donnaj1dlh said:
jassyo06 said:
35 are the way to go :thumbup: any photos of the 35 winter tyres D

Next 'daylight' opportunity I get Jass .... they're still covered in glue just now though! :eusa-shhh:

it get darker up there later does it not :?: Aberdeen being closer to the arctic.... :lol: :lol:

Only time I see my car in the daylight is at weekends just now! I work SUCH long HARD hours :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Thanks very much for the feedback, Seems like the 35's are a good shout.

You mention the insurance issue.

Has anyone who is running 35's mentioned this to their insurers? Is it really likely to be a nocitable issue?

Thakns again,

A

Anonymous

a_french said:
Thanks very much for the feedback, Seems like the 35's are a good shout.

You mention the insurance issue.

Has anyone who is running 35's mentioned this to their insurers? Is it really likely to be a nocitable issue?

Thakns again,

When an insurance company review a claim they'll look for anything that will get them out of paying out.

Regardless of how minor the issue, really. Technically an aftermarket radio could be used against you and tyres are a pretty big deal.

A

Anonymous

I share the concern of JWT. You really need to get clarification from your insurance company!

A

Anonymous

ok, thanks guys.

Has anyone tried the Nangkang tyres in 235/40/R19? If so are they any good.

According to this new tyre labelling rating stuff, they don't look much worse than the premium brands.

Cheers,

Anthony,

A

Anonymous

Yup those are the ones that I referred to in an earlier post and, for a saving of around 100 bucks, the difference between them and the contis is marginal. I haven't tried them myself but I don't think that they can be overlooked!

A

Anonymous

RIGHT Rizz your nippin ma heed way this insurance thing the car aint less safer with a 35 profile than with a 40 profile capeesh.A 40 profile is for COMFORT ONLY so to change all 4 tyres to a 35 profile is roughly the same price as buying 2 40 profiles tyres what tyres have you got for the winter :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

No Jassy it's not the safety aspect. I ran my last car on totally different profile winter tyres. However, insurers view it as "not running the car in accordance with the manufacturer's guidance". This, therefore, invalidates your insurance unless they are notified of the changes and agree to them.

A

Anonymous

Oh and incidentally, the Nankangs actually perform equally as well or better than the Wredsteins Jass.

A

Anonymous

Oh and sorry for "nipping your heed". I only point this out because I had a right carry on querying it with my own insurer before purchasing my winter tyres. Just trying to save anyone else the same caper.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
a_french said:
ok, thanks guys.

Has anyone tried the Nangkang tyres in 235/40/R19? If so are they any good.

According to this new tyre labelling rating stuff, they don't look much worse than the premium brands.

Cheers,

Anthony,

Euh, nankang is "good" as long as it's dry. In the wet they really really really suck. On my 309gti16 where nangkangs when I bought it. Never again. I rather pay a bit more for a descent tire. It's the only thing the car and the rest of the world connect. :oops:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Oh and sorry for "nipping your heed". I only point this out because I had a right carry on querying it with my own insurer before purchasing my winter tyres. Just trying to save anyone else the same caper.

OOO Don't PUSH ME................. :lol: Your insurance company is asterix asterix :lol: never have heard of someone having so much trouble with tyres Rizz i had a car with 19 wheels/tyres i said to my insurer i was going to change them to 18's with a larger profile they said as long they are the quality tyres. your doing your insurance and yourself a favour by swapping to winter's for a safety aspect man up

A

Anonymous

Nip nip... :lol: I know Jassy, I went to pains to point this out but they just follow the guidelines that the company sets out. This is a LARGE insurance company and perhaps smaller ones are more flexible. I'm just saying what I was met with. Insurance companies will look for any loophole to avoid a payout. Anyhoo...I'm happy to hug this out with you...<-------------> (open arms)

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Nip nip... :lol: I know Jassy, I went to pains to point this out but they just follow the guidelines that the company sets out. This is a LARGE insurance company and perhaps smaller ones are more flexible. I'm just saying what I was met with. Insurance companies will look for any loophole to avoid a payout. Anyhoo...I'm happy to hug this out with you...<-------------> (open arms)

Blow ME......... :lol:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
mrizzle said:

Blow ME......... :lol:

I don't recall offering that as an option...!!! :eek: