What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyres - How Many Miles on First Set

A

Anonymous

I agree - how big is the gap between the tyre and he arches when on 35 s

A

Anonymous

You could always opt for this size 240/35/19 as the profile would roughly be the same as 235/40/19 but still cheaper than oem size

A

Anonymous

Interesting, would 240/35/19's fit on the rims ok? Has anyone done this?

A

Anonymous

Yes they will l had 205/45/17 OEM tyres on one of my cars l changed them to 215/40/17 for better road holding and they where also cheaper

A

Anonymous

Excellent great advice, any idea what the wheel width is on the RCZ GT?

A

Anonymous

Just before xmas I priced 19" Conti's locally for around the £175 mark, inc VAT & fitting. The price varied from £175 up as high as £235 or maybe more. It's always the bigger outlets being the more pricey.
You just need to find a small outlet that's happy to buy in the tyre or tyres and then just make a few pounds on the tyre plus a bit for the fitting.
None of that rip off selling, just good, honest local trade. :thumbup:

I found that the bigger outlets that had the tyre in stock , were the more pricey :eusa-think:

These bigger outlets just rip people off, simply because you will always find that there are some sad people who think that paying more to a "named" outlet, where the tyre fitters have their names printed onto their clean crisp overalls is far "posher" & better than paying less money to a small private outlet where the tyre fitters have a fag dangling and they look like they've been sleeping in an oil drum all night.
Give me a tyre fitter with his sleeves rolled up and arse showing any day of the week. :clap:

Having said all of that, Swansea and surrounding area's do seem to have countless small tyre outlets to choose from as well as the big boys, therefor I can shop around for the best deal possible.

You could even go for a mid ranged budget, I have one on the rear, it cost £80 fitted and is fine for the mileage and type of driving I do. I've had no issues what so ever with it. :thumbup:
I've even seen lower end range 19" budgets for around £60 fitted. :eusa-think:

I also get my suasage's from Lidl's , but my "posh" neighbour thinks he's better than me cos he gets his from M&S, tosser :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Everyone knows that M&S sausages are made with better tasting pigs.

Not.

A

Anonymous

The pigs that my sausages come from stomp around in stinking mud and lick their own arse's.
M&S pigs obviously do no such thing. :eek:
They don't stomp in mud unless they are wearing wellies and they have someone to lick their bottoms for them, probably the same fools that pay over the odds to these rip off tyre outlets. :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

I understand the thought behind it. More well known, easier to get things fixed if a problem arises.

But honestly, the tyres are the same so in my eyes (and yours!) it doesn't matter all that much.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Speaking from a female perspective, I would be put off buying my tyres from a guy with a fag hanging out of his mouth, who looked like he slept in an oil drum with his ar$$ hanging out. Give me some credit, I do like my men a little cultured ;)

A

Anonymous

You gotta have a fag mun after you've been well oil'd up K . :lol:

A

Anonymous

I too prefer to deal with local independents. They invariably offer a better service and generally compete very well on price to the rip off nationals. The nationals always try to con you into buying something that they claim that you need rather than give genuine honest advice.

I always buy of the independents and have done since learning my lesson with the big boys, many moons ago. Fortunately we have a lot of good quality independents, so I don't have to view their arse in order to get good service.

A

Anonymous

The point I was making is that paying top Dollar to these rip off's just because they "look the part" is a nonsense.

Surely just because there maybe a bit of " builders bum" showing does'nt qualify a tyre fitter/mechanic as not giving a honest, reliable and quality service. :eusa-think:

As many many REAL tradesmen would say "Sleeves Up Arse Down And Get Stuck In", :clap:

A

Anonymous

You make a very,very VALID POINT here mucker :thumbup: i wont be changing the front tyres on the R ;) BUT I HAVE HAD APPLES OFF NAFF tyre fitters Carts before who badly marked one of my Alloys on a previous car "National Tyres Services",my point is i would rather pay ever so slightly more for a PRO job than some untrained tyre fitter fitting new 19" tyres on a 19" wheel,larger wheel= more difficult to fit :eusa-think: