What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TT drivers ?

A

Anonymous

Is it just me or are TT owners real twats. Today in work I was talking about how I had ordered an RCZ, my choice was slated by one of the guys who drives a 2004 TT saying how slow and poor quality the RCZ was :evil: I always thought this guys TT was nice and had complemented him on it before, so I found It quite rude for someone to act that way. Even If someone buys a car I dislike I still pretend I like it just to be nice

then on the way home I was cut up by not one but two TTs who were driving like maniacs even though the weather conditions were terrible with all the snow :cry:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

You get all sorts driving different types of vehicles.
Since getting this particular vehicle, I get cut up all the time now for some reason.
Also get people in the slow lane wandering into the centre line on motorways (two lane) and dual carriageways to stop me from going past - sometimes I'm overtaking them at 60mph not 120mph or something silly.
Can only presume that people think that it is faster / more expensive than it actually is and they want to SHOW ME how much faster / better driver they are.

I have learnt that a smile and a wave from me irritates them far more than my previous "gestures" ever did.

If they don't like your Vehicle, that's their choice / opinion.

TT Drivers round by me are most pleasant, even letting me pull out at places they could quite easily ignore me.

Be safe, have fun and enjoy. There's always another day.....and another IDIOT out there !!

A

Anonymous

I find this sort of thing happens when 'other brand' owners begin to doubt their own choice, whether it be for VFM or styling or someother reason. They belittle your choice because they doubt their own. I personally just put on a smug smile, like I know something they don't....they HATE that! My personal favourite is on my drive home from work. I have a toll road I have to go on and I see many cars zooming past me only to get held up at the tollgate. I pay for an electronic tag so I don't have to stop (we have a special lane). It's great to slow right down and smile at those who have just wasted a gallon of fuel to get past you!! Some airheads get very flustered...it never fails to make me chuckle! I feel like shouting "BUY A FREAKING TAG THEN YOU JACKASS".

A

Anonymous

Wouldnt let it get to you mate...The car has thrown a stylish spanner into the Subtle Audi styling so its bound to upset a few!

A

Anonymous

I think you've just been unlucky enough to meet arrogant bigheads who are rattled by the arrival of the RCZ. :thumbdown:

We went to Cornwall last week & the owner of the 'classy' hotel we stayed in, came over to us as we were loading our RCZ to leave, & said he was a TT owner & had been admiring our car since we arrived, as it's such "a pretty car" :eusa-think: He then went on to add that it "makes the Audi TT look very ordinary"! :clap:

You are obviously a very nice person, to say you would complement someones car, even if you did'nt like, & yes' it's very rude to slag off your choice of car! Some people should keep their mouths shut if they cant say anything nice! But have a bit of patience with TT drivers, after all, this is the first time they have seriously been challenged & they understandably dont like it!!! :evil:

To say that the RCZ is poorly built, or whatever your colleague said, is total crap from an jealous ignoramous :mrgreen: For the past 20 years I have bought New Mecedes, A, S, E-Classes & an SLK32 AMG, each costing a hell of a lot more than the 30k my RCZ has cost me, & I am gobsmacked by the quality of the build of the RCZ, it is superb!!! It is packed with goodies that you would pay extra for with many other cars & in the words of one car mag I read, the RCZ is "outstanding value for money with a cabin you would expect to find on considerably more expensive & classy vehicles"

There are hundreds of TT's on the road, they are extremely common. Whereas, we are the 'Elite' - you have great taste so enjoy! :dance:

Be Proud...Be very Proud!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The Audi TT is also a tried, tested and trusted brand.

It's adapted itself over the years - although still far too many of them on the road, so in hindsight, I'm pleased I stopped at the Peugeot Garage first.

Peugeot still has to prove itself though.
What will the RCZ be like a few years down the line.
Will it have adapted itself, or will it have achieved Peugeot's (possible) aim of re-invigorating interest in the Brand only for Peugeot to go back to the bland styles it currently churns out.

Be interesting to see, although I'll probably get rid of mine at the 3 year stage (if not sooner) just in case.

A

Anonymous

Gorwell said:

It's adapted itself over the years - although still far too many of them on the road, so in hindsight, I'm pleased I stopped at the Peugeot Garage first.

Will it have adapted itself, or will it have achieved Peugeot's (possible) aim of re-invigorating interest in the Brand only for Peugeot to go back to the bland styles it currently churns out.

Be interesting to see, although I'll probably get rid of mine at the 3 year stage (if not sooner) just in case.

Yes, it will be interesting, & all very valid points you make Gorwell! The TT has always been an eye-catcher with beautiful lines & a long Pedigree!

I'll probably do the same as you in a couple of years, but I like to change regularly anyway! Have you seen Peugeots latest baby? The name escapes me right now, but it looks very Aston Martin-ish. They are certainly striving to unleash a stunning array of inventions! Good luck to them! :thumbup:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Jealousy is a terrible thing and THAT is what the snide comments are all about.
Shrug it off and smile knowingly!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Jealousy is a terrible thing and THAT is what the snide comments are all about.
Shrug it off and smile knowingly!

:thumbup: Could'nt have put it better myself - Spot on once again RCZ1! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY22 said:
Gorwell said:

Yes, it will be interesting, & all very valid points you make Gorwell! The TT has always been an eye-catcher with beautiful lines & a long Pedigree!

I'll probably do the same as you in a couple of years, but I like to change regularly anyway! Have you seen Peugeots latest baby? The name escapes me right now, but it looks very Aston Martin-ish. They are certainly striving to unleash a stunning array of inventions! Good luck to them! :thumbup:

Ahhh.........the Peugeot SR1, that's the beast. Apparently WILL be going into production in 2012!!!

A

Anonymous

I think overall the RCZ owner is a 'style' guru.
TT owners have had it and lost it!
Peugeot have created a monster they can alter and mould - lets hope better than the TT> I agree the TT is bland, samey and is at the end of its design range.
Whereas the RCZ - can go onwards an upwards.
The SR1 will complement the range when it comes.
Those who have purchased an RCZ can be well pleased with themselves - we have that individuality, that liking for design and leave the TT standing.
Long live the RCZ!!!

A

Anonymous

MARTHAMAY 22 Could you tell me where you have heard that the SR1 is going to go into production :)

A

Anonymous

AndyH said:
MARTHAMAY 22 Could you tell me where you have heard that the SR1 is going to go into production :)

Well, only from our dealership. They have already had enquiries about it, & unless I have got it wrong, details, brochures due out some time next year.

Obviously, it's not gospel tho AndyH, but we took it as accurate info!

A

Anonymous

Gorwell is absolutely right about the TT, & Audi have enjoyed immense success (& still are) with the TT in particular. But as with everything, eventually something will come along to challenge & even overtake that success.

We only have to see what has happened to Skoda over the past 30 years. Who'd have thought it would be the credible force that it has become today!

So, why should'nt Peugeot now become the force to finally over-take the TT success? We will have to wait & see, but the RCZ has made a b----y good start!

I've bought so many cars during my life because I love my cars, but to me my RCZ is the most exciting of all those cars. I'm not saying it's the best, but it's certainly the one that has captured my enthusium the most, & I am enjoying it immensely. Fortunately, I have a wife who is as potty about it as I am & is the first one to get out to clean it!

Good luck to you Peugeot ....keep 'em coming!!!

A

Anonymous

I've always loved the TT in all its guises and used to envy those lucky enough to be able to own one but I have to agree that it's looking a bit dated now, and no insult intended to TT owners who obviously love their cars. Each to his/her own preferences but that shouldn't mean that the RCZ is anything the TT owners should decry. Today, travelling to and from work I saw at least 4 TTs and only one RCZ and that was as I was coming away from my dealer's after the 1000 mile nuts 'n' bolts check so we've still got that WOW factor and long may it continue. TT owners, you've got lovely cars but so have WE!!!!

A

Anonymous

Hubby was filling the RCZ with petrol tonight (haven't yet asked how often this happens!) when a guy came over to admire the car! YESSSSS!!!!!
It's had a real baptism of fire with the dreadful NI weather; I drive it every day to work and so far have had to turn the parking sensors off because of the racket they make in snow/icy conditions, its poor wee thermometer has shown minus 12, the windscreen washer has been frozen since Sunday, and I haven't been above 50mph! I've also discovered that even a little uncleared snow will fall into the boot if you open it; if you open the driver's window in poor conditions water immediately falls from the window arch straight onto the electric window mechanism (had this in every one of our Peugeots) and demisting is hard work in the conditions we've been having until you're prepared to boil. But I still love it!

A

Anonymous

Coming back to the car at a service station I found two grown men lusting over my Freddie. Turns out one of them is a TT owner who openly admitted that the RCZ was much more attractive to look at. They both agreed it looked very sharp, loved the positioning of the wheels to make it secure on the road and were very surprised to learn it was a mere 1.6L. Did I feel like a proud momma??? You bet :D :thumbup: .

A

Anonymous

what proud mommas we all are.

And yes - whats the betting the SR1 goes into production after the fair?

A

Anonymous

rwhillis said:

Speak for yourself Russ :wtf:

PS Aren't you a Bloke.....Russ :? :eek: :eusa-think: :eusa-whistle: :clap:

A

Anonymous

rwhillis said:

And yes - whats the betting the SR1 goes into production after the fair?

aww goodness noo...

Peugeot doesnt need a "halo" car that no one will buy :thumbdown: yeah it would be nice to see it but seriously.. who is going to buy a £50k + Pug? over say a 911? or used Aston?

RCZ is a step in the right direction, keep with that, refine the 508 as a driving machine to compete with the Germans, redefine the line-up bringing quality up and get ALL the line up driving as well as the RCZ! :)