What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TT drivers ?

A

Anonymous

Had my TT moment, waiting in a traffic jam with a TT in front of me, no one even gave it a look but I had several admirers checking out my RCZ - felt a bit exposed but loved it! :dance:

Went shopping before in my RCZ, there was a 60 plate TT driver getting in his car and he could not stop looking at the RCZ - result!

I have always (long time) liked TTs and contemplated buying one but as soon as I saw the RCZ I knew that this was what I wanted. I love the fact that the RCZ is new and not many people know what they are. People are always looking at the badge to see what make it is.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
"That's a f**king hairdressers car and a pile of French sh*t."

It's nice to know that the RCZ has ruffled the feathers of the TT owners :thumbup: .

There is a lot of hostility still in the TiTyOC :eusa-whistle: tbh its what settled it for me.. I just wouldnt want to be associated with a group whose mindset is like theirs.. anyway.. we all should know that it was Fords Puma that revived the small coupe before the TT :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

bee said:
like it, thats a proper rcz driver
Thank you bee, As an Advanced driver I do try my best all the time. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Well it does seem that the 8N Mk1 TT's are being brought up by neanderthal chavs. Shame really as I used to have a Mk1 3.2v6 quattro. My current car is an A6 3.0 TFSI Quattro and have had many Audi's in my time as they are well put together cars. However come March I will also have an RCZ, and this was after considering a TTS. Reasons..

1. The RCZ is a beautiful looking car whereas the TT is now showing it's age
2. The RCZ is exclusive whereas the TT is a very common site
3. The TT image is being tarnished as the 8N Mk1's are now affordable for the chav generation
4. The RCZ handling is on par with the TT
5. The RCZ Build Quality is on par with the TT (Just ask the TT driver where his car is built , and also do they consider the Aston MArtin Rapide and the BMW X series to be poor builds (as Steyr build these also))
6. The RCZ performance is on par (excepting the larger capacity units) but more importantly smaller turbo engined cars are the future ...my A6 only does 15mpg around town if I'm lucky !!!!
7. The overall RCZ package is better economically, environmentally, visually and is simply a great great car

To summarise the TT is a good car but the RCZ is the future . I'm Audi through and through but it is time for a change. If you get get an abusive TT driver and it's a Mk1 just smile and compliment him on the modifications he has made to his VW Beetle

A

Anonymous

adrian said:
Well it does seem that the 8N Mk1 TT's are being brought up by neanderthal chavs. Shame really as I used to have a Mk1 3.2v6 quattro. My current car is an A6 3.0 TFSI Quattro and have had many Audi's in my time as they are well put together cars. However come March I will also have an RCZ, and this was after considering a TTS. Reasons..

3. The TT image is being tarnished as the 8N Mk1's are now affordable for the chav generation
5. The RCZ Build Quality is on par with the TT (Just ask the TT driver where his car is built , and also do they consider the Aston MArtin Rapide and the BMW X series to be poor builds (as Steyr build these also))
6. The RCZ performance is on par (excepting the larger capacity units) but more importantly smaller turbo engined cars are the future ...my A6 only does 15mpg around town if I'm lucky !!!!
7. The overall RCZ package is better economically, environmentally, visually and is simply a great great car

To summarise the TT is a good car but the RCZ is the future . I'm Audi through and through but it is time for a change. If you get get an abusive TT driver and it's a Mk1 just smile and compliment him on the modifications he has made to his VW Beetle

A very considered post :) :clap:

A

Anonymous

Had my first TT moment yesterday sat at traffic lights in Cardiff and round the corner comes a 60 plate TT he then nearly drove into the oncoming traffic because he was staring at Lawrence!! Ha! BTW Lawrence has been cleaned and I am polishing him today!

A

Anonymous

Nooooooo - don't clean Lawrence!!!!!!! However, dirty Flash is I'm always reassured that Lawrence is dirtier!!!! Damn, I'll have to go out in the cold and wet and clean Flash now - doh!!!

I had a moment yesterday, with a 308cc (v smart turquoise with sporty additions) on the M11. He overtook me to get a good look, so I overtook him to wave and smile, and then he overtook me and so it went on.....- he could not stop admiring Flash. A few days ago a guy came up to me and he couldn't believe that Flash was a peugeot - he told me he'd followed me up the road as he couldn't believe how beautiful the car was!

It's great being an RCZ owner isn't it!!!!! :)

A

Anonymous

I hate you all!!!...this is literally killing me as I have fully paid off my RCZ but still dont have it!!! arrrrrgggh....I want my TT moment! I need to stop reading this forum!...60 days and counting!

A

Anonymous

your day will come-got a loud wow from two youths today as i drove past them-dont recon they looked at me.

A

Anonymous

adrian said:

I cant imagine the mark 1 TT being a chav car? Its usually women you see driving them in my area never seen a modified one yet. I must admit I think the mark 1 TT looks much better than the mark 2 which looks a bit bland. The mark 1 shares more styling hues with the RCZ.

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
I hate you all!!!...this is literally killing me as I have fully paid off my RCZ but still dont have it!!! arrrrrgggh....I want my TT moment! I need to stop reading this forum!...60 days and counting!

60?! Damn.. I thought my 14 day wait was bad :beer:

A

Anonymous

60 days . I ordered on 8th Nov and ETA delivery at present is 24 March :-(

A

Anonymous

Yea I ordered mine on the 7th of December...but I have a sneaking suspicion that they will try their damnedest to give me a 60 plate rather than give me an 11 plate so I bet I get it before the 1st of March. I am expecting a call off the dealer on the 4th to give me an update. Dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining about getting the car early, just would be nice to have a shiney new 11 plate.

A

Anonymous

RCZ_84 said:
Yea I ordered mine on the 7th of December...but I have a sneaking suspicion that they will try their damnedest to give me a 60 plate rather than give me an 11 plate so I bet I get it before the 1st of March. I am expecting a call off the dealer on the 4th to give me an update. Dont get me wrong, I'm not complaining about getting the car early, just would be nice to have a shiney new 11 plate.

Mine arrived 6 weeks before the '60' plate - dealer was happy for me to wait, and stuck to the trade-in he'd offered on my old car. The only issue was driving past the garage knowing my car was in it, whilst counting down the days.

A

Anonymous

I've already had two different people filming/photographing me (or should I say my RCZ?) on their iphones. I wonder how many TT drivers get that?

A

Anonymous

Brooktop said:
I've already had two different people filming/photographing me (or should I say my RCZ?) on their iphones. I wonder how many TT drivers get that?

I'd say a fair few have cropped up... :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
Brooktop said:

I'd say a fair few have cropped up... :eusa-whistle:

LOL :lol:

A

Anonymous

I think if you have had comments like that from TT owners just brush them off, you choose the car you wanted whats the point in getting annoyed over it.

I do disagree with some points though, I think the TT will have a very long life the current TT's sales are still very strong and the TT's main sales are in in the 2.0 TFSI engine with s line spec which does cost a good £4k more than the equvilant RCZ so there is a considerable price difference

Audi have big plans for their coupe line up in the next few years, a friend who works for audi has shown me a few images of what the new TT may look like, its gone make to more a the mk1 shape with more R8 style front and rear lights, it looks absolutely stunning, audi also have plans to push the TT more upmarket as they have plans for a new R4 mid engined coupe which will be priced around the £24,000 mark its expected to be very light and use an upgraded version of the VW 1.4 TFSI engine