What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

TT drivers ?

GaryLarry

Reaction score
Amusingly I had a police car pull over next to me last night just to say that they thought I might have been part of a two-car convoy as 'a lot of high-powered cars are being stolen this way'. Despite having a female passenger. I was amused as it's only 1.6. Good for them though to be honest.

A

Anonymous

I had some major abuse from a TT driver today. I was stuck in a traffic jam at some traffic lights due to the snow and a TT owner was in the right hand lane. I saw him looking at my car, then he wound down his passenger window. I lowered my window and was met with the following comment:

"That's a f**king hairdressers car and a pile of French sh*t."

It's nice to know that the RCZ has ruffled the feathers of the TT owners :thumbup: .

Gave him a few choice replies and reminded him that the TT was, and still is, known as a hairdressers car. At this point I started to get out of my car, but he decided to drive off. :roll:

I've never owned a Peugeot before, but I am so far really impressed with the build quality of the RCZ. Perhaps TT owners should take the time to have a good look at an RCZ before they open their mouths and start hurling abuse at people.

A

Anonymous

Ooo er that's a bit sad isn't it? A bit of a kn*bhead driving that one me thinks :eusa-think:

I like TTs but it's the RCZ that I love - personal choice.

BTW My hubby drives an MX-5 - now THAT is a hairdressers car!!!!!!!! :lol: I wish he was a hairdresser - save me fighting with my curly mop every morning ;)

A

Anonymous

Blimey - some people are weird; must be something wrong with them to go to the effort of having a go at someone cos of the car they drive! Sounds like you met a right plonker today! :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Mlbblue said:
Sounds like you met a right plonker today! :crazy:

I certainly did. Made me laugh afterwards, especially when I checked out the TT forum at lunchtime. One of the senior members expresses exactly the same opinions online. I wonder if it was him?

A

Anonymous

Scarlet said:
BTW My hubby drives an MX-5 - now THAT is a hairdressers car!!!!!!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't tell your husband that Scarlet!

A

Anonymous

hmm there must be a lot of hairdressers about, our lot runs around in everything but rczs

A

Anonymous

The whole reason for me buying the RCZ was it's exclusivity. Wherever I go people ask me what it is and can they have a look at it. The only negative comments I have had have all been from TT owners. Some of them really seem to have a problem with the RCZ. I guess for a long time they have been the only kids on the block, but now they have a challenger and do not like it. That said I have had some really good comments from a few TT owners as well. Obviously most TT owners are not complete d*ckheads.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
Scarlet said:
BTW My hubby drives an MX-5 - now THAT is a hairdressers car!!!!!!!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't tell your husband that Scarlet!

He's sitting next to me - I tease him all the time! We should swap cars....... Naaaaaa don't think so!!!!! :D

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
"....and a pile of French sh*t."

If it happens again just shout back that in actual fact the RCZ is built in Austria and the TT is built in Hungary! Next....

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
Hart said:
"....and a pile of French sh*t."

If it happens again just shout back that in actual fact the RCZ is built in Austria and the TT is built in Hungary! Next....
Ooh! Good comeback :dance: . These people who slag off others' choices are losers and ought to just be ignored. Life's too short to get into a verbal that nowadays could turn nasty really quickly. Just think back to that man who was stabbed by a road-rager! As they used to say in Hill Street Blues: let's be careful out there!

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
I had some major abuse from a TT driver today. I was stuck in a traffic jam at some traffic lights due to the snow and a TT owner was in the right hand lane. I saw him looking at my car, then he wound down his passenger window. I lowered my window and was met with the following comment:

Presumably this was coming from someone in a mark 1 TT most likely a 2000 model, probably wearing a baseball cap the wrong way?

I say this because Im on the verge of selling my 2004 TT after owning for many years because the price of the earlier examples is now in chav-territory (around £4k - £5k for a really ropey one) and I don't want to be associated with that so am looking at the RCZ as a next car. There are loads of TTs near me now owned by boy racers, and the TT image is going the same way as 10 year old 3 series BMWs - drug dealer special.

A

Anonymous

Wow, just been perusing the TT forum,and boy do they have a problem with the RCZ.! Seems i now drive an ugly,slow, hairdressers car, that will be worth about 4K in three years time. Damn!

A

Anonymous

phil45 said:
Presumably this was coming from someone in a mark 1 TT most likely a 2000 model, probably wearing a baseball cap the wrong way?

I say this because Im on the verge of selling my 2004 TT after owning for many years because the price of the earlier examples is now in chav-territory (around £4k - £5k for a really ropey one) and I don't want to be associated with that so am looking at the RCZ as a next car. There are loads of TTs near me now owned by boy racers, and the TT image is going the same way as 10 year old 3 series BMWs - drug dealer special.

Unfortunately it was a 2010 plate with a thirty something suited male behind the wheel. I must admit though that the older TT's do seem to be becoming chav specials.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

dartanian said:
Wow, just been perusing the TT forum,and boy do they have a problem with the RCZ.! Seems i now drive an ugly,slow, hairdressers car, that will be worth about 4K in three years time. Damn!

It's quite funny to see how the RCZ has stirred up the TT owners. Obviously they don't handle competition very well.

I'm more than happy to be an RCZ owner because there are so few of us, where as TT's are everywhere you look.

A

Anonymous

To be fair, most of those threads at the TT forum were started or given extra life because someone with an RCZ kept repeatedly posting that the RCZ is much better than the TT. Im not sure why anyone would sign up to an enthusiasts site just to slate the car choice of all the members, except to cause trouble.

Anyway, TT owners are equally as critical of the TT range as they are of other manufacturers cars! 3.2 owners are better than the turbos, 180bhp owners are lesser citizens compared to 225bhp, don't even mention the FWD only version, thats the equivilent of driving a dog turd and you may as well kill yourself. etc etc.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:

It is always the same: The car is never the problem, the problem sits always in the car! There is often a limited harddisk working in the "driversystem" which has to be reformattet, but there is not enough diskspace left to do this job. Because of that only the changing of the "driversystem" seems to be a promising choice.

doc

A

Anonymous

Hi all, I had my TT moment last night whilst driving to work. I was waiting at traffic lights in the right hand lane, when a TT pulled alongside crossing the stop line. As lights changed to green I set off at my usual pace, leaving it for dead. Further along the road as I was waiting in the slip road to turn right, the TT came past and blasted the horn. Rattled or what. Ha ha. :greetings-wavingblue: