What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The Tyre Pressure Topic

A

Anonymous

My tyre pressures were all over the place. I think the dealerships need to calibrate their equipment. :eusa-whistle:

Does anyone know how much pressure you need to lose before the tyre pressure sensors give you a warning?

A

Anonymous

Hi Hart, I let the air out of the front nearside tyre and lowered the pressure from 35psi down to 25psi in stages. Around the 25psi mark is when the system recognises the low pressure in the tyre. On activation of the ignition a BLEEP is sounded. The low pressure warning tyre symbol appeared with the exclamation mark between the rev counter and speedometer. In the high level monitor position a plan view showing all four tyres with the low level tyre pulsing in and out with the phrase tyre pressure(s) too low. The 3rd visual warning is a small orange triangle with an exclamation mark in it next to the odometer reading on the right hand side of the dashboard. I then inflated the tyre to the correct pressure and reset the ignition and all warnings were turned off with no audible BLEEP. :greetings-wavingblue:

2.0 HDi GT 19 rim Front tyre pressure = 34.8psi Rear = 29psi

A

Anonymous

Hi jrs,

Many thanks for the information. I had the tyre pressure monitor deactivated on my previous car because it was too sensitive.

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ1, according to my specification booklet from when I purchased my car, it is only on GT models as a linked option within the visibility pack, i.e. xenon, self levelling directional headlights. This may have changed for newer specifications. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

yep the tyre pressure sensors are only available as part of the vision pack on GT models.

A

Anonymous

Just thought on the subject of tyre pressure - I read a few weeks an article in the Sunday press re a reader asking how he could get the correct pressure in his tyres and the best tyre pressure gauge to use - as he felt the garage pressure gauges were all wrong, and at car dealers etc.
Quentin Willson = the motor correspondant, replied about buying a great tyre pressure gauge - the 'Race X Professional' tyre pressure gauge. Given that we can all be faced with faulty tyre pressures from time to time - he said this was the best on the market and was accurate to the tenth degree. - I wanted something that was easy to use.
I purchased his recommendation and and used the air compressor we all have in the boot - the guage was superb. I got front and back tyres to the absolute correct pressures and the whole process is so easy I will do it more than on a regular basis. I have attached a link to the 'amazon' site to purchase the gauge - but for something thats quality - and does the job better than any garage or dealership - it may even be more accurate than the sensors. The forum members ought to invest in this item - it is superb.Get onto the amazon site and key in tyre pressure gauge and have a look. Price circa £16.95;
http://www.amazon.co.uk/RACE-PROFESSION ... 0109&sr=8-
Hope you find this useful

A

Anonymous

Hi rwhillis, Thanks for that. I have ordered mine today. One of my digital pressure gauges packed up at the weekend so it will make a good replacement. With 4 cars and a motorcycle in the family my gauges get plenty of use. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Great- it works brilliantly with the compressor. Now my tyres match the book recomendations. Let me know how you get on when it arrives. It works for me.

A

Anonymous

Hi rwhillis, Tyre pressure gauge arrived today by normal postal delivery. I immediately went outside to test my pressures. The new gauge is very easy to use and has very clear markings in psi and bar. I checked the pressures using one of my old faithful digital gauges first and found this to be very accurate also. However as the front tyres on my RCZ are 34.8psi I could never get them as accurate as the new gauge. Thank you very much for the recommendation. I have for the first time the most accurate tyre pressures on my RCZ. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

Yesterday, I got into the car and as I turned the key, a beep sounded. It was the tyre pressure sensors. The onboard diagnostics state that the 2 front tyres are punctured. They are not and how would both tyres get punctured by being parked in a secure car park. I've checked both tyres, they are fine and it drives normally. I put a few squirts of air into them to see if that made a difference but no, the beep still sounds and warning light comes on.

Has anybody else had these issues? The car is going for a check-up to iron out a few snags tlater this month so this will be added to the list. Other problems have been the entire digital display blanks out and I get all of my readings in metric for about a minute before they return to my settings. The iPod connector intermittently will not recognise the iPod even though it remains plugged in. The SatNav requires upgrading, they want to charge me for it but I agreed to have the RT6 upgrade from new providing that the upgrade was included.

I adore the car but some of the niggling issues are starting to ring alarm bells and becoming rather annoying. Luckily, I kept the receipt!

A

Anonymous

It sounds most likely to be a faulty sensor. I wouldn't be too alarmed by this particular niggle as it should be a relatively straight forward fix.

The sat nav issue sounds irritating. Perhaps a faulty connector or loose wiring. Be interested to find out what they say is behind that one.

As for the iPod connector. I had to have the connection replaced on my RCZ early into ownership because it was faulty. I assume that you have already tried different cables etc to check that it's not just a faulty cable?

A

Anonymous

Thanks mrizzle. The car is less than 6 months old so very frustrating but thankfully under warranty. Unfortunately, my hopes of reliability from buying a brand new car seem to be wavering. If the car keeps on having problems I will pass the keys back to the dealership, sue them and then buy something else unless the car is properly sorted. In the meantime, I will invoice the dealership for the time I have wasted. I run my own company, time is money!

A

Anonymous

I took the RCZ into a Peugeot delaer in south London regarding the tyre pressure sensors. I was told that both front tyres wer under inflated and that they were now both fine. The warning 'beep' and light had now gone. Now, call me a sceptic, I purposely inflated the tyres beyond (just) their specified pressure before driving down to London. This was to attempt to reset the sensors. It didn't work but I was confident that both front tyres were intact. I drove past the dealership on the way to a meeting and thought on my return, I would drop it in. At first I was told that it will need to be booked in (this is in south London, I live in Birmingham). I did protest, very politely... they agreed to look at the car. This is when they came back after an hour and a half stating that the tyres were under inflated (please bare in mind, I got two puncture warnings at the same time previously, I turned on the ignition in the morning to be greeted by a double front tyre failure. Both tyres were fine.)

To conclude, I enjoyed several (nice) coffees and when the car was returned after diagnosis and raod test, the warining was gone. I wasn't charged and received a full breakdown of the diagnosics. It stated that everything was fine (12 months on tyres, discs etc.) Although, I am positive the tyre pressure monitors were just rest, the pritout specified 'customer to monitor'. I can only coclude that this is a way of covering themselves, which I do accept. I believe the front tyre pressure sensors are faulty.

Still, the RCZ is going in for a full check up on Tuesday (by choice). So far the checklist is:

SatNav upgrade (RT6) promised for free when I bought the car (ordered January, delivered March).
Check for the whole electric display failing for 20 minutes whilst driving, culminating in the whole display showing metric (i.e. kmh for a further 20 minutes before reverting to my settings). This is most inconvenient when on the motorway!
'Cloncking' sound when changing into second gear.
Wing mirror glass falling out when a passenger shut the door, luckily the wires kept it from smashing on the floor. It seems to have fitted back in but who knows when it might fall ot again.
USB port not working. The iPod stops working with no warning. Normally, I just unplug and replug, but again on the motorway, this can be inconvenient.

Apart from the above niggles, I still adore the car. It gets looks and the powerplant (so far) is great. Hopefully, all will be sorted as of Tuesday! I look forward to reporting back.

A

Anonymous

The RCZ has been in the dealership from early this morning. I have had a phone call saying they will need to keep it in until tomorrow afternoon. The software upgrade for the media system needs to be delivered and uploaded. I just hope that it will all be sorted.

A

Anonymous

Well, I got my RCZ back late yesterday. All seems fine but I've not been far yet! The feedback from the dealership was that a/the software upgrade will sort out all of the problems (tyre pressure sensors, media pack, SatNav etc). The 2nd gear clonking issue was not bottomed out but so far I have heard nothing from the said gear change (oil change/more oil/any oil?). I was also informed that the wing mirror glass was now safely attached!

I only had to pay one charge, this was £12.00 for the insurance of the courtesy car. The charge was per day alyhough I had it for two. It was a 208 and to be fair it was pretty awful!

I've still got to try the upgraded SatNav (RT6). i.e 6 digit Postcode entry as promised.

The RCZ was also fully valetted, so off set my costs.

I just hope that this is all of the problems I have with the car, only time will see! I wouldn't mind but I still adore the thing and happy to drive it. I knew spending a fortune on a Peugeot was a risk............but look at it!

A

Anonymous

Thanks tianorth, the update to my 'Z' seems to be the latest. The upgrade feature 6/7 digit postcode, speed cameras (with speed alerts), traffic signal cameras and indications of queues (although I don't think it is a live system). On long journeys, I still use my TomTom live as well just to be sure.

Out of interest, in the future will you continue to have upgrade discs? This upgrade was free via the dealership but any future ones could be agreed via yourself or at least via a contact to land them my way.

I took the car out briefly yesterday and today and so far all seems fine. Time will of course tell, going on a few long business journeys in the week so hopefully, fingers crossed, it causes no further probs!