What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

The Tyre Pressure Topic

tianorth

Reaction score
It all depends on what the update disc contains, ie if there is something that I want then I will get the disc for example the 2.80 disc had the update to provide 7 digit postcode, so I got it and updated it to my existing sat nav program but still only had the 5 digit postcode, but as I was going to get the map updates as well it was worth it, otherwise i think I would have been stuck with 5 digit postcode.

A

Anonymous

I have had the car back for a few weeks and so far all is good. Second gear still clincks but was told that this is normal! The SatNav upgrade is certainly worth it, cameras included and speed warnings with some live updates! Happy again for the time being!

A

Anonymous

How can you tell if you have the sensors fitted? are they a different type? or shape etc?

pete.garratt

Reaction score
You can't tell by looking at your wheel or valve - they all look the same from the outside now.

They were bundled with an options pack, so if you've got self levelling headlights etc. you could well have them.

Another option is to activate the in-car diagnostics - they will tell you if the sensors & pressures are OK (assuming you've got them).

A

Anonymous

Don't think i've got them fitted. Oh well, one less thing to go wrong then. :D

A

Anonymous

Morning All,

Got in the car this morning, and thought I was in Las Vegas. Tyre pressure lights flashing everywhere. Checked tyres, and there are no punctures, so I'm about to inflate them.

Apologies for being a total clown, but is the 'psi' thing previously referred to what you see in a garage forecourt machine when you inflate?

If so, is it safe to say 35psi is okay?

renegade79

Reaction score
Oor Wullie said:
Morning All,

Got in the car this morning, and thought I was in Las Vegas. Tyre pressure lights flashing everywhere. Checked tyres, and there are no punctures, so I'm about to inflate them.

Apologies for being a total clown, but is the 'psi' thing previously referred to what you see in a garage forecourt machine when you inflate?

If so, is it safe to say 35psi is okay?

Some garages have it measured in psi and some in bar. Its 2.4 bar on front and 2.0 bar on the rear. Just use Google to calculate the correct measurement in psi. 34.8 psi and 29 psi is the conversion. 35psi is perfectly OK

KMG

Reaction score
Above it says TPMS is only available on GT models as part of the vision pack. I have a GT model and TPMS. Does mean I must have Xenon headlights....How can I tell?

2retro

Reaction score
Does mean I must have Xenon headlights....How can I tell?
It literally has Xenon embossed on the light clusters so that's probably the easiest way. Also, do you have the little headlight squirters that pop out from the bumper below the lights?

KMG

Reaction score
Nope, no squirter that pops out, so I guess that means no vision pack, and I have halogens.
Pretty sure I have TPMS though as a symbol was on when I went to see the car and disappeared when the tyre was inflated. That must mean that TPMS valve stems CAN be the bendy rubber type....?

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Hdi 2014 gt Mercury grey RCZ and no Xenon lights but I have tpms on the car and as I previously mentioned when I had all my wheels refurbished I have fitted new tpms and four new tyres..... So it's not down to if you have Xenon lights fitted or not.... Hope this helps you out a bit..
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co