What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Slight Turbo Oil Leak

tm2204

Reaction score
Noticed a small oil leak around one of the Turbo pipes earlier.. 1.6 THP (156)

Turbo Oil Leak 01 (edit).jpg

Above is the location of the pipe & weepy leak.

Turbo Oil Leak 02 (edit).jpg

Close up of the pipe, fitting and the leak.

It's not dripping any oil just a small weepy leak at this point.

Any ideas or suggestions? 👍

Pedro

Reaction score
Replace it as that will get worse they are known for leaking & usually its the one from the block which is more prone to failure if you intend keeping the car fit the new type Flexi pipe if available they last longer
good luck with that one 👍

tm2204

Reaction score
Replace it as that will get worse they are known for leaking & usually its the one from the block which is more prone to failure if you intend keeping the car fit the new type Flexi pipe if available they last longer
good luck with that one 👍
Cheers for the reply Pedro. Suspected it might be a replacement pipe rather than a simple tightening of a bolt/nut 🙁 Any idea of the part number I should be looking to order? With servicebox no longer available to me it's a bugger trying to source part numbers for 'non-standard' parts 😬 Also is this 'flexi pipe' a newer and better replacement part? Keeping the car so I'll fit the best part 👍

Goatz

Reaction score

tm2204

Reaction score
i beleive this is the one:

p.s. I dont think you can do this job without a car lift.
Thanks for that 👍 You sure this is the correct part? It's telling me on eBay it's not a match but that's nothing new 😂

Flexi Turbo Oil Feed Pipe - eBay.jpg

Would I get it done with the car on car ramps or is a car lift 100% needed (do you know)?

Cheers 👍

tm2204

Reaction score
Just had another look and the eBay listing states it's for an EP6CDT engine, which is my engine, so looks like this is the part alright 😁

eBay can be very hit & miss often incorrectly tagging correct parts for my RCZ 😤

Last edited:

Goatz

Reaction score
Actually perhaps its not. Take a look at this one

i am sure you can get cheaper that this though

tm2204

Reaction score
Might be able to do it on ramps but it wont be easy
Actually perhaps its not. Take a look at this one

i am sure you can get cheaper that this though
That part looks the same except it has some of the fittings already installed just leaving the banjo's to connect up.. I'm happy with the other listing you posted as it correctly specifies my engine type. Having said that I will check my reg/VIN with he eBay seller 👍

I'll post a thread here if I manage to get this done & survive to tell the tale... 😂

tm2204

Reaction score
After having another look at the listings I see now the second pipe you listed has one elbow & one straight through connection whereas the first listing has two elbow connections so they are different 🙁 I'll check with the eBay seller. Knowing my luck it's the more expensive one I'll need 😤

Goatz

Reaction score
There are a few videos on youtube of people doing this job on a Mini. Its the same engine but the mini has much less space to work with so the front of the car has to come off or is brought forward a bit

this guy takes the engine out, its helpful to see where everything is

this guy doesnt

Pedro

Reaction score

I did one on a 207cc GT on 2 car jacks as you need the height as I had to take the Cat off & that was a pig of a job but it was the inner pipe one going the other side of the Turbo that blew the seals which went down to the block yours appears to be on the outside of the Cat if your handy on the spanners you can do it its not rocket science ;)

Goatz

Reaction score
fyi - i would expect this job to cost in the region of £300 at a car mechanic

tm2204

Reaction score
Anbody know does the 1.6 THP (156) have a stock K03 turbo? 👍🏼

Last edited:

tm2204

Reaction score

Ok, in speaking to the supplier I have finally determined this is indeed the correct part. Part ordered :)👍

I will make a complete 'How To' step by step guide when I attempt this repair and upload to the forum... hopefully helping anybody else needing to do this repair which appears to be a common fail for the THP RCZ :(