What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Service question

Opal white

Reaction score
Oh dear, warning today indicating 'engine oil low level' . . . A week after a major service (no issues prior to service), dipstick indicates oil level right on minimum level, no sign of any oil leak either so suspect oil not topped up correctly during service :?:

Checked my NG4/SatNav firmware today, same firmware as when car purchased, so much for Robins & Day confirming update of the firmware during my service :evil:

Email sent to R&D Main Dealer to see what they have to say about issues around & following my recent service at the garage . . . . :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Ouch that's bad. Really bad. So you've been left with less oil than before you dropped off? I'd charge them for it...!

Opal white

Reaction score
Re: Major Service - Dilema

Well a little more progress . . . . R&D at Gateshead have been on the phone & apologised for the poor service I received & the numerous outstanding issues. An offer has been made to collect my car so they can spend two days to revisit the service issues, diagnose the condition of the mirror movements, check the boot release mechanism/activator & update my NG4/SatNav firmware.

As I have lost confidence in R&D Gateshead (100 mile round trip away) I have asked for a few days to consider a way forward, maybe it's best I get the oil topped up myself & get the other issues checked/resolved at a local Peugeot Dealer whilst under warranty.

Decisions, decisions :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

My thinking would be, that any dealer can provide a naff service (and usually do) However R & D know they have cocked up and are trying to rectify the issues. Therefore, I would suggest that you stand a greater chance that your local dealer will provide a naff service than R & D this time.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think I would agree with Ron on this occasion. I don't think R&D are likely to cock things up twice - are they ? :)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I think I would agree with Ron on this occasion. I don't think R&D are likely to cock things up twice - are they ? :)
What do you mean "on this occasion?" I'm insulted by that remark :lol:

Opal white

Reaction score
Last Monday Staff at R&D promised to send me a copy of the engineers service report which apparently clearly shows work carried out on my car including changing oil, oil filter, pollen filter etc.

Still waiting for the document . . . . :(

A

Anonymous

Poor show!! Mine was printed into my invoice. Ok, it's very poorly written but it's there at least!!

A

Anonymous

I think I would stick with R&D on this occasion purely for the reason's Rcz1 & Ron have said, they know the messed up, so therefor they will (should) now be bending over backwards for you.

But next time I think I would try another dealer. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I was rang by my local dealer the other day to remind me that my Z's first MOT is due end of April, and that this is the same time that my 3 year warranty expires, so the service guy was ringing to also advise me to book it in for the MOT before the warranty ran out, "just in case".

I would of done this anyway, but I thought it was a nice touch to offer this advise in the first place. :clap:

A

Anonymous

However I would mention that the THP engines are not exactly bullet proof when in A1 fettle so I wouldnt really want to drive it under oiled...

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I think I would stick with R&D on this occasion purely for the reason's Rcz1 & Ron have said, they know the messed up, so therefor they will (should) now be bending over backwards for you.

But next time I think I would try another dealer. :eusa-think:

I'd not agree with your idea of not returning. I believe that if a company rectifies an error, then it's only fair that you forget the error and continue to do business with them.

If not, then there is little incentive for them to rectify errors at all and besides it's just good manners

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
If not, then there is little incentive for them to rectify errors at all and besides it's just good manners

Other than to get it right first time?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
OO58RON said:

Other than to get it right first time?

Only God is perfect, we humans can only ever aspire to be and to learn from our mistakes. Don't judge a person by his errors or omissions more his willingness to correct them

A

Anonymous

It's just basics though isn't it, especially for a garage. If they were building a space shuttle fair enough, but hey were doing a routine service, this is their bread and butter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Opal white

Reaction score
dand87 said:
It's just basics though isn't it, especially for a garage. If they were building a space shuttle fair enough, but hey were doing a routine service, this is their bread and butter. Sent from my iPad

Sorry Ron I have to agree with Dan on this one, a routine service at a main dealer working from a list of straight forward tasks/ procedures . . . . Why would a so called Peugeot service engineer tick a check sheet yet not carry out that task, in my case he missed a number of tasks but all the ticks are there on the report. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

Opal white said:
dand87 said:
It's just basics though isn't it, especially for a garage. If they were building a space shuttle fair enough, but hey were doing a routine service, this is their bread and butter. Sent from my iPad

Sorry Ron I have to agree with Dan on this one, a routine service at a main dealer working from a list of straight forward tasks/ procedures . . . . Why would a so called Peugeot service engineer tick a check sheet yet not carry out that task, in my case he missed a number of tasks but all the ticks are there on the report. :crazy:

I'm not saying that the individual that lied, by maintaining that they had performed tasks that they hadn't shouldn't be disciplined. They should. However the point I'm making and what I absolutely stand firm on, is my believe that when such matters come to the attention of the "company" then you judge that company upon how it rectifies the failings of its staff. If they put things right and apologise then they would have my repeat business, if they prevaricate and do not rectify the failings, then I'd vote with my feet and make sure that they know that they have lost my business and why