What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Service question

Tomas_90

Reaction score
About to have the RCZ in for some general service to a Peugeot service center and i was wondering what was necessary to do.

31.000 miles, 2011 model, THP200....

- Oil
- Oil filter
- Air filter necessary??
- Spark plugs necessary??
- Cabin filter necessary?? I'm assuming there is one.

Something else? Should i leave something out and just do the oil?

A

Anonymous

Is this the cars first service? What was replaced during the previous service?

Abzynthe

Reaction score
The handbook usually has a table of what needs changing on each service. Im at work so I cant have a look.

A

Anonymous

I too am at work just now and cannot check exactly what needs done but can possibly do so at lunch. However, as far as I can recvall, the only things changed at the first service interval is your oil and pollen filter (for a petrol version at least). You should have a service interval booklet that will tell you in more detail what is done/required.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
According to the service history it's the 3rd service. Previous one was done 16th of January last year when the car was 22.000 miles. Both earlier ones done at a Peugeot Center aswell.

A

Anonymous

Mine is going in on Friday for her annual service (just oil change) but i am having them change the air filter and sparkplugs aswell. Will cost a bit extra but we know how sensitive the THP200 is to combustion related problems causing knock that I am willing to spend a little extra to save the motor.

A

Anonymous

This should answer your query:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Well, so technically it's only been driven 9000 miles since last service but it doesn't say anywhere what was done at that service from what i can see.

But cause it was at 22.000 miles they SHOULD have done both the air filter and spark plugs if they went by the book. So by that logic the only things needs doing is the oil and filter?

Actually no --.-- I'm confusing myself with your weird measurements :lol: I'll do it in kilometers instead....

First service was done at 18.000 and 2nd service was done at 35.000 km. All service intervals according to my service book is done every 20.000 km. So the 1st one at 18.000 is probably one of those. Then the next one is confusing cause it's in the middle a bit, at 35.000 km. So if they did a real service they would have done another 20k service at that point (40.000km service). Which i have no way of knowing since they never wrote anything up about it exept for the stamp in the book....

On the other hand it's been driven about 15.000 km since the last service so the right thing to do would probably be to change the air filter and spark plugs eitherway since it's so close to 20.000km :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

The service intervals are not solely restricted to mileage remember Tomas. They are also applied at timed intervals. Your car's intervals would initially be after two years and then annually after that.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I know that, but to me that doesn't apply to things like spark plugs or air filters if you've for example only driven 10.000 in one year. It becomes unnecessary to change it that often. Oil changes are annually of course.

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
I know that, but to me that doesn't apply to things like spark plugs or air filters if you've for example only driven 10.000 in one year. It becomes unnecessary to change it that often. Oil changes are annually of course.

Depends how that 10 000 was driven, what fuel was used and under what environmental condition.

Opal white

Reaction score
I've just booked mine in for its 20K miles/24 month service at the end of the month . . . .

I'm a low mileage driver so I have not managed 13k miles yet, it was first registered as a main dealer demonstrator in March 2012, I bought it in the September with around 700 miles on the clock. I had the oil & filter changed last year at a local garage, been really happy with it to date :thumbup:

I have mentioned a couple of things to the garage to check whilst it's still in warranty 1) intermittent problem with boot opening when door opened (water/damp in boot release push button). 2) Asked them to check both mirrors, occasionally a bit noisy when opening/closing. 3) Requested Media/Sat Nav software update to latest version.

Hope it gets well looked after at Robins and Day at Gateshead, in a few weeks time :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Mine needs it's 3 yr one in a few weeks. £309.99 for a scheduled service. Cheaper one is for a 3+ yr old vehicle service at about £200 - not sure I can go for this as I'll be extending my warranty and Peugeot Robins and Day themselves said they wouldn't use Pug genuine parts for this one. Motor quip or something...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Booked the car in for service on monday now.

The guy called the last service place to find out what kind of service was last done, if they actually did the 40k service or not. They were gonna call him back about that. If they had done it tho its just an oil change for now and when the car reaches 60k kmn ill go back and do the full service then.

Opal white

Reaction score
Opal white said:
I've just booked mine in for its 20K miles/24 month service at the end of the month . . . .

I'm a low mileage driver so I have not managed 13k miles yet, it was first registered as a main dealer demonstrator in March 2012, I bought it in the September with around 700 miles on the clock. I had the oil & filter changed last year at a local garage, been really happy with it to date :thumbup:

I have mentioned a couple of things to the garage to check whilst it's still in warranty 1) intermittent problem with boot opening when door opened (water/damp in boot release push button). 2) Asked them to check both mirrors, occasionally a bit noisy when opening/closing. 3) Requested Media/Sat Nav software update to latest version.

Hope it gets well looked after at Robins and Day at Gateshead, in a few weeks time :eusa-think:

Well just had my beloved RCZ (HDi) for its 20K/24 months service as detailed above . . . .

1) Delivered car 10am Friday and arranged collection for the following day, check in fine, free courtesy fine . . . . Just one issue, brake fluid change offered as optional & chargeable at £49, same declined ( car mileage just turned 13K)

2) Car collected as arranged 11am Saturday morning, maintenance report etc . . . . .

A) All inspections carried out & all green/ everything OK

B) Boot switch operational code changed in software!!!??? I had previously informed them of probable water/ damp in switch unit . . . . Looks like I have the same problematic switch awaiting to fail in the background?

C) Noisy Door mirrors not investigated, noisy/tight operation/movement is now a part of Peugeot 'Info Sense Issue'?. I have been asked to book my car back in to allow them to run diagnostic checks ??? Then & only the will they order new replacement mirrors, obviously this will mean yet another day at the garage (100 mile round trip from home)

D) Media/ Sat Nav software updated

Visit not a total success by any means . . . . .

One issue I have outstanding is this service was provided 'free' as part of the deal when I purchased the car 18 months earlier, I have since read the brake fluid 'should have' been changed during this service, not optional (& chargeable) as I was informed.

I cannot see some of the visible things I would normally expect to see after a major service, no new lubrication/grease on door/bonnet hinges, locks, catches etc. Windscreen washer fluid flagged low on the way home, although a minimal issue I though this is normally part of fluid checks/top ups?

No mention of diesel particulate filter change ? . . . . Should it have been changed?

I had to take my service book back into the garage as I noticed it had not been stamped.

I am a little concerned my FREE service might not have been as detailed as it would have been if I was paying :eusa-think:

Any comments most welcome

Opal white

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has had a similar experience with a major service at a main dealer :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

not with my rcz, but previous Citroen was purchased new with a 3 yr or 35000 service plan for £210. I do 36000miles a year so i thought the first years servicing for £210 was a bargain! first service was poor and car returned as half the bits weren't completed. second service was fine although car wasn't washed as they didn't have time! then the fun started.. so i get too 35000 miles and book it in for its final service under the agreement, only to be told that the next service wasn't due until 37,500miles and couldn't be done untill at least 37,000. or 500miles from scheduled service.. I questioned the 35000 limit on the agreement and the Citroen service plan would not extend over the 35000.. so all in all. 2 services for £210 not three.. no more Citroen!!!

Opal white

Reaction score
Thanks for your comments, an interesting subject . . . . I think I need to contact my garage to see what they say about my experience :eusa-think: