What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Scotland vs England

A

Anonymous

Ok...so this is rather less provocative a title than you might expect. Yup, it's about tomorrow's...ahem...epic match. Nice to FINALLY see the return of this fixture and I hope that it all passes without crowd trouble or notable incident...aside from my lot winning in England's back garden...again! :wink::p #unofficialworldchampions

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a pointless fixture to be honest. It's like Real Madrid playing Hamilton Accies. We simply don't have the population or the football infrastructure to produce a team that can realistically compete against England.

A

Anonymous

Sorry Derek but I disaggree. Population size is no excuse at. Look at Uruguay for example they have a population of less than 3.4 million (significantly less than us) and are producing some of the best (and most expensive players) in the world. This is largely because they have approached the game domestically much more intelligently than we have despite having have less money at their disposal to do so. I agree our infrastructure is utterly broken...so are our leagues but that can be fixed (again see Uruguay as an example).

I also think it is an important fixture. It's something that both sets of fans can get excited about, has the potential to reinvigorate our fans and give us something to get passionate about. Lord knows we haven't had an international competition to get passionate about for too many years. That said, Roy Hodgson is clearly using it as an opportunity to tinker which is fair enough. I just hope that both sets of fans can enjoy a peaceful carnival atmosphere...and, again, that "we" win!! :grin:

A

Anonymous

You've all just reminded me to open up some tins of paint tonight....or take an armchair through to the utility room to watch the washing go round......

A

Anonymous

I'll be there tonight - the mrs' did the washing this morning so I'm all good... :dance:

Attachments

• Eng v Scot.JPG
    Eng v Scot.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 1,789
A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
You've all just reminded me to open up some tins of paint tonight....or take an armchair through to the utility room to watch the washing go round......
Likewise, I might finally get the bathroom finished now!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Ita a waste of a great big piece of turf :thumbup:

As my Granda use to say "Gie them a' a fitba, save them chasin' the same 'een!"

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
jassyo06 said:
Ita a waste of a great big piece of turf :thumbup:

As my Granda use to say "Gie them a' a fitba, save them chasin' the same 'een!"
Translation for the non Scotties "As my grandad used to say, Give them all a football, it will save them chasing the same one" :grin::lol:

A

Anonymous

I fully realise that this in in danger of becoming a monologue but what a great goal by Kenny Miller! Just keep it tight boys!!

A

Anonymous

Spoke to soon. Good set piece by England but poor defending by Scotland.

A

Anonymous

Aah well I think we put up a reasonable fight and at least made a game of it. We were pathetic at defending set pieces but not bad for a team ranked 36 places below our opposition. Rooney was terrible though.