What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Scotland vs England

RCZ1

Reaction score
dand87 said:
RCZ1 said:
Football :thumbup: or rather overpaid, petulant, waste of space, pathetic men !

This is a fairly common view shared by many and I can see why people think this.

However, because football has become such a valuable asset to TV companies, as have players. They can therefore demand the wages they do. Is it fair? Not for me to judge, but they don't steal the money people do authorise the payments.

Why is there so much money in football - because a lot of people watch it and some of us subscribe to Sky Sports/ESPN/BT Sport etc. Viewers/subscribers = advertising income = payments to clubs = payments to players.

With the Financial Fair Play sanctions coming in soon, it may help people's perceptions on football.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a big sports fan. I like football, go to games sometimes but my favourite is Rugby League. Been watching my local team play since I was 7 ( so its a long time ;) ). My home football team are back in the Premier League this season so it's going to be an exciting season. Footballers, compared to the much lesser paid Rugby League players, are so light weight. A rugby player takes a big hit and gets straight back on their feet with a big grin on their face. A footballer will (not all I know) roll around like they've been poleaxed when in actual fact no-one's touched them.

A

Anonymous

Give me egg chasers any day...now that's really men playing a real sport!!!

A

Anonymous

So are a red and white or a black and white the only rugby i watch is nrl from Australia properly hard men.