What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Satnav update

jamesdee

Reaction score
I have downloaded an update for my Satnav but when I insert the USB stick into the socket I get the message "Media not recognised" Can anybody help ? Thank you

Crazy LEDs

Reaction score
Hi James what type of unit do you have is it the Motorised screen?

Thanks Michael

jamesdee

Reaction score
I dont think so Michael. Its the satnav for the 2016 3008 model.

James

jamesdee

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Michael. There is nothing wrong with the screen. Its the fact that I have downloaded the map update onto a 64GB USB stick and when I
put it into the socket in the central pillar of the car where I normally plug in my iphone I get the message "Media not recognised"

James

Crazy LEDs

Reaction score
Ah I'm sorry I cannot advise on that one
What I would do though if it was me would be wipe USB and reinstall

Good luck

jamesdee

Reaction score
Thanks Michael, I have done that and also checked that all the files from the download are actually on the USB
but its still not recognised. Hopefully somebody has seen this problem before.

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there I think that you will find that you have to use a smaller USB stick as with the RCZs I believe you can use up to 16 gb USB stick but does like 8 gb sticks as the files are not that big..... Hope this helps you out
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

jamesdee

Reaction score
Hi there thank you for that. I will definitely give it a try. I will now have to treat myself to a smaller USB.

James

jamesdee

Reaction score
Thank you I just realised that from the website. Do I need to buy a usb that is FAT32 or can I format one
to be that ?

James

jamesdee

Reaction score
Thanks Grey Lady I tried that and I was only offered two options for format one being NTFS and the other just Format. But I will
try again. Thank you to all the people who have tried to help me you are so kind.

James

DKZ5745

Reaction score
If you are struggling to format to fat 32, you could try using Ridgecorp consultants on your pc. There are also a few other apps that will format to fat 32 if you google it.
Hope it works out ok for you. Don’t forget to let us know how you get on. 👍

jamesdee

Reaction score
Thank you all very much. What a lovely group and so helpful. I took the easy option and bought a Fat32 formatted USB stick on which I loaded my Satnav update and I now have an up to date satnav system. Thank you all very much.
James

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Where more than happy to help out any fellow RCZers you are more than welcome
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Bobby D

Reaction score
Hi I may be a bit slow or not looking properly but where do I get the update software from for my NG4 unit, which randomly stops and restarts?

Goatz

Reaction score
Does it randomly reset roughly every 30mins?
If so it’s a known problem with no known solution that I am aware of, and I have been searching for a while now.
I see a lot of people complaining about there ng4 unit failing lately. I guess they are coming to their end of life now after 8 or so years. It’s a shame as it takes up a big part of the car and there is no replacement that can use the flip up screen, unless you buy the same unit of course at a cost of £2k!!!

Bobby D

Reaction score
Oh that's disappointing. I was hoping a software update would solve the problem. Yes about every 30 mins. Not a real problem except if I'm using the phone.