What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Satnav update

Goatz

Reaction score
I will let you know If I find a solution. Its not the harddrive as I have replaced this. I have also re-installed the firmware and maps many times, and tried all the different resets.
I am considering replacing the thermal paste between the CPU and heatsink as it feels like a possible overheating, although I have heard of others trying this and it not making much difference.
There is also the slim possibility that it could be the car battery needing a change, although all other electronics in the car work fine, and the car starts first time every time.

BTW the final software update was in 2016 so I suspect you have it already.

Bobby D

Reaction score
Thank you. I'm about to replace the battery but would be very very surprised if that is the cause. My guess is software, I mean who builds a computer into a car stereo anyway?

Goatz

Reaction score
You can try installing the firmware.
I posted a link to the latest one here:

Goatz

Reaction score
Please let me know if the battery change does anything :)

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
There is an instance when the unit can overheat due to the blanking caps for the heating pipe work coming adrift under the interior trim panels.
If you haven’t tried an update it’s worth doing.

Bobby D

Reaction score
Funny you should say that as I found the blanking plates had come off when I was changing the heater matrix. I wonder how long they will stay on??

Goatz

Reaction score
Were you only getting reboots with the heating on?

Bobby D

Reaction score
Actually no as the heater has not been working since I had the car. It needed bleeding.

Bobby D

Reaction score
No the one in the car is fine, I was a bit impulsive getting a new one which I now have to maintain. I did get a set of refurbished Solstice wheels for Christmas though. To me love from me!!!