What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav Speed Camera updates?

A

Anonymous

I have a GT on order with Sat Nav, an RT6 I believe but was wondering if it has any speed camera options?

I have paid for the Driving Assistant and so hoping I haven't doubled up.

Help appreciated

A

Anonymous

Is it the WIP COM 3d or WIP COM connect alerts that need to be purchased from the above site for the rt6?

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well my Sat Nav (RT6) does not appear to have speed camera alerts. Presumably I need to register on the Navteq website and then download the speed camera alerts onto a DVD. Is that correct?

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Well my Sat Nav (RT6) does not appear to have speed camera alerts. Presumably I need to register on the Navteq website and then download the speed camera alerts onto a DVD. Is that correct?
Probably as you do with the NG4

A

Anonymous

You can download updates for speed cameras on the RT6 from the peugeot navigation website. I paid for a year and it also covers Europe. You download them onto a USB stick, put it in the car and it automatically detects it and installs, did mine Monday. It's ok but not as good as the driving assistant!! The driving assistant is much more accurate and also flags mobile cameras... I'm still choosing the best place for it at the minute

RCZ1

Reaction score
Perkybillet said:
You can download updates for speed cameras on the RT6 from the peugeot navigation website. I paid for a year and it also covers Europe. You download them onto a USB stick, put it in the car and it automatically detects it and installs, did mine Monday. It's ok but not as good as the driving assistant!! The driving assistant is much more accurate and also flags mobile cameras... I'm still choosing the best place for it at the minute

Thanks Perky. I'm going to do this at the weekend.

How are you finding the RT6 so far?

A

Anonymous

It's good but the must annoying things are no postcodes and when you "archive" a destination you can't give it a name!

Apart from those it's pretty good and I like that the directions also come on the dash by the steering wheel.

The phone options in the car are brilliant, I can have my work phone as hands free and stream music from my personal phone at the same time. If I use the map on my phone, when the car gets me lost, all the directions come through the fer speakers and interrupt the music!

Updating is really straight forward but drop me a line if you get stuck

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've updated the Sat Nav with the speed camera alerts. Straight forward to do and literally took 30 seconds.

A

Anonymous

Given up on mine. Absolute waste of time. You cant do postcode searches, and the main thing is that you cant even search for a shopping centre for example. A major shopping centre in the UK called the Trafford centre will not even show up. As well as many other places I wanted to put on for my wife.

We have reverted back to the best portable Sat Nav in the world, a Garmin. Used them for years. :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Have you tried it using the POI's? I'm fairly certain that shopping centres are included or do you know the name of the main road into it?

I've not had any problems finding locations so far but that doesn't help you.

A

Anonymous

Hi, yes tried the poi's. Useless. I shouldn't have to know, or have to look up the road names. My handheld is a million times better.

Ive also other problems with the car. Other forum chats submitted. I'm getting pretty fed up with it and the way Peugeot Blackburn deal with matters.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I've just tried putting in the Trafford Centre on the RT6 and it's found it.

Put Manchester in the city.
Trafford in the street name then scroll through the list and you will see @Trafford Centre.

A

Anonymous

Don't have RT6 yet but on NG4 you find Trafford Centre like this

1) POI
2) City - Manchester
3) Shops
4) Shopping Centres

Trafford Centre is in the list

When I had a look at RT6 in a 508 appeared to be the same, hope this helps leenineplus