What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav Speed Camera updates?

A

Anonymous

Mmmm. Interesting. I will have a look again. I have tried to get my head around it since having it. My wife has given up also. Reverted back to the Garmin!

Maybe I should give it another chance and mess around with it again.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've also discovered this afternoon that you can put a postcode in. Put in the post code for the Lion Inn at Blake Ridge for our Meet tomorrow. It's in the middle of the remotest Moor and hey presto, it brought it straight up.

Put the postcode in the town/city field.

A

Anonymous

Wow, I will try a postcode. Your meet is a little far for us tomorrow also.

Thanks again. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Anyone know the link to the manual for the RT6 please?
Regards
Lee

A

Anonymous

leenineplus said:

I thought you was in Oldham?

A

Anonymous

Im near Burnley Lancashire. My postcode is Oldham even though I live about 35 miles away and a 50 minute drive. Strange!

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the manual link. I thought there was more to the RT6 Sat Nav. The likes of removing searches on the Nav and directory has repeated searches for the same address listed which I wish to remove. I have messed about with all the settings on the sat nav to try and put it all to default and remove the previous searches and directory to no avail.

I am very computer literate and with it for using modern technology goods, but the RT6 is a piece of Shi-e. How Peugeot have accepted such a company to provide a system that is useless I don't know. Also the cost to have it as an upgrade when a decent Garmin costs only a couple of hundreds of pounds for a top quality system.

Rant over. :sleeping-yellow:

A

Anonymous

leenineplus said:
Im near Burnley Lancashire. My postcode is Oldham even though I live about 35 miles away and a 50 minute drive. Strange!
I used to know that area really well. I was based on a section of the M65 Motorway whilst it was under construction. We has depots in Padiham & Burnley amongst many other places around the area. The name Greenhead Bridge is floating around my head. I think that was one end of the motorway section that I was based on. Memory fade has taken it's toll :crazy:

RCZ1

Reaction score
leenineplus said:
Thanks for the manual link. I thought there was more to the RT6 Sat Nav. The likes of removing searches on the Nav and directory has repeated searches for the same address listed which I wish to remove. I have messed about with all the settings on the sat nav to try and put it all to default and remove the previous searches and directory to no avail.

I am very computer literate and with it for using modern technology goods, but the RT6 is a piece of Shi-e. How Peugeot have accepted such a company to provide a system that is useless I don't know. Also the cost to have it as an upgrade when a decent Garmin costs only a couple of hundreds of pounds for a top quality system.

Rant over. :sleeping-yellow:

I'm computer literate too and I find the Sat Nav very intuitive. Have yo tried using the right and left buttons on the front of the stereo as these take you into all sorts of menus where you can delete things.

A

Anonymous

Just sat in the car for an hour messing with it. It is a little long winded, compared to what I have been use to, but yes, it does accept postcodes, finds places of interests etc.

I have the speed camera software on it which works fine, so all in all, I am softening up to it. :dance:

The only problem with the car now is the front passenger seat will not move back or forward (Electric) it moves up and down though on the same switch! Also on start up it says engine oil failure everytime! The oil level is okay on the dip stick.

It goes for its 1000 mile check next Thursday so lets see what they say/find.

Thanks for the comments chaps.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Don't have RT6 yet but on NG4 you find Trafford Centre like this

1) POI
2) City - Manchester
3) Shops
4) Shopping Centres

Trafford Centre is in the list

When I had a look at RT6 in a 508 appeared to be the same, hope this helps leenineplus

When it comes to shopping centres I just let Mrs H use her nose, it never bloody fails, yet ask her to find a petrol station and fill up and she goes into melt down. :roll:

A

Anonymous

leenineplus said:
Hi, yes tried the poi's. Useless. I shouldn't have to know, or have to look up the road names. My handheld is a million times better.
Last year I had a THP200 rental car from Avis Manchester. That had the Trafford center as a POI, I know because that's where I had to hand my daughter back to her mother. Straight there, no issues.

howardf

Reaction score
Hi
just got a new RCZ with NAV, it accepts the postcodes, but it has no speed cameras.

could someone please post a link to a site to get the camera updates and an idiot proof guide, or is it a visit to the nearest dealers?

is it £7 per month or is that a one off and you just pay for an updated version as and when you want?
cheers...H

A

Anonymous

Its a one off download, no further charges. The sat nav is a piece of crap anyway. Useless. The only thing its good for is the traffic warning system. It does not accept full postcodes, not on mine anyway 2013 model. I know four RCZ drivers and we have all bought and got Garmin sat navs attached to the air vent.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
leenineplus said:

I thought you was in Oldham?

Near Burnley which is a BB postcode, we still have a OL13 postcode.

tianorth

Reaction score
leenineplus said:
The sat nav is a piece of crap anyway. .......... It does not accept full postcodes, not on mine anyway 2013 model.

Mine is also a 2013 model my RT6 unit had 5 digit postcode until I updated the firmware to 2.80 (mine is now at 2.86 as of today) and then I updated the maps to Q1 2014.
After I did this I now have full 7 digit postcode.

See my other post about how to update, also later in the thread is how to get the latest firmware

http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8219&hilit=update&start=20#p103166

DKZ5745

Reaction score
All RT6 units are capeable of using 7 digit postcodes. As Chris said, it's just a case of updating the software and maps.

I was unimpressed with the nav to start with when I got my Z, but now I'm used to it, I think it's great.

I also have a TomTom from my last car, which has lifetime map updates, I intend to keep hold of this as eventually I assume I will have a car without built in SatNav. Yes the TomTom is superior in many ways to the built in, BUT, it doesn't show me any vehicle info, and whipping it out of the glove box & sticking it to the screen is not really quite as cool as turning the ignition and watching it flip open to my pre-selected position.

Check out http://gpsunderground.com/forum/search. ... id=2846555 for updates for both firmware & maps.
All you will need is either USB stick or blank cd & writer. The downloads are free from this site.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

How do you access the screen that shows you current firmware edition , searched but cannot find it .

tianorth

Reaction score
RCZ 22 said:
How do you access the screen that shows you current firmware edition , searched but cannot find it .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To get this info long press the setup button, then choose the unit description.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a read of this thread http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8219&start=20#p102898 to get the gist of what we have done.

these might be of interest as well http://www.peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8219&start=100#p113135

I also can send discs out for these as well.

I have firmware disc (official) 2.80
Risk alert disc (official)
Maps (official) but this has a key code