What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Sat Nav Speed Camera updates?

A

Anonymous

Thanks and studied links , very useful but I am not a techie , well not too much,checked ours RT6 unit on a June reg'd R.
Maps are 2013/14 2 ed and unit description is R NEG 2.80 .E.2 , do I require any updates, also any idea what is on the alerts on my existing for abroad is it the cameras or the new safety area alert for France ( if indeed they are on there at all )

tianorth

Reaction score
You should have 7 digit postcodes as I had 2.80 and Q1 2014.
Don't know about you risk alerts.
I take it your risk alerts are turned on?
The firmware is now available at 2.86. Don't what the differences are.
I have just updated mine to 2.86 today.

A

Anonymous

"Set parameters for risk areas" is blanked out and unable to access , assume that would suggest I don't have cameras on there , I will sort that as don't think they are expensive . Will leave the firmware as it is at the moment , as you say probably not a lot of changes . Thanks for your help.

tianorth

Reaction score
I can send out my risk alert disc for you so you can see what it does to see if it's worth getting a newer version.

A

Anonymous

Most kind but just been online ,downloaded form Peugeot at £6.99 and installed all in 5 mins , will test the cameras tomorrow ( not literally!!)
All seems ok.
Today has also helped me investigate the system a bit more so learnt a bit as well
Thanks again.

howardf

Reaction score
i'm new to all this but i found this on line....and it works

If you visit the Peugeot map update web site the code PEUGEOT-PROMO gives you a 10% discount on your updates

:thumbup: H.

Brolly

Reaction score
Hi all..

Chris (Tianorth) was kind enough to lend me the map updates he had for the Rt6, I had the 2.85 firmware which I believe makes it more difficult to get round the security put in place by Peugeot.

I did a lot of internet trawling and also spoke to the IT guys at work. I found a program on GPS underground you can download called Java code generator, it basically uses your vin number and data in the map software to mathematically generate your validation code.

Once generated it allows you to update maps and if required update or add the speed camera facility. I had a few attempts at various methods and its probably easy for some one working as a computer programmer but finally I have the later maps with 7 digit post codes. I then added the Risk alert software using the same method and updated to 2.86 firmware.

The trouble is when you go on some of these web sites the people who have cracked these programs are computer geniuses
and the instructions are confusing. They give out instructions thinking we are as knowledgeable as them and in most cases we arent so struggle to get the correct end results.

I will be happy to help anyone to do the updates, I did a post on adding sat nav to the Rcz as my GT did not come with it as standard. I also bought the Diagbox and Peugeot planet software to do the telecoding. It has been invaluable because it has been used to reprogram a spare key and unlock some extra menus in the stereo system and used at various times when a warning light appeared on the dash. So it saves me a trip to the dealer everytime My Zed has a mini tantrum.