What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Review of the new Golf R

A

Anonymous

Jassy I'm sold even like the blue now chop of 2 of the doors and all I need to save the deposit. Although I think it'll be outta my price range might just to to stick to the poor mans GTI oh well.

A

Anonymous

G7R, no thanks.

I will only consider trading the Z on something like the Alfa 4c, that I think could sort of give me the same pleasure of ownership and it's only €10 000 more than the G7R

Sent from Samsung Tablet

A

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing that Jassy!! It really is THE car for me!! Now...better start putting some cash away!!

A

Anonymous

cjsmith7 said:
G7R, no thanks.

I will only consider trading the Z on something like the Alfa 4c, that I think could sort of give me the same pleasure of ownership and it's only €10 000 more than the G7R

Sent from Samsung Tablet

The 4C is a cracking car but it's £15,000 more expensive that the Golf R and is significantly less practical. For me, my next car has to be more practical. Worth noting that that's not the interior that Alfa out into the production 4Cs. Sadly it's considerably less impressive and far more plasticky.

Tomas_90

Reaction score
I was gonna say that too. Looks like the concept car in the first pics.

A

Anonymous

You are absolutely right, the Alfa 4c is a cracking car.

I agree, very few that have the luxury of buying a car exclusively as a track day car or a "toy", but man, that Alfa 4c really ticks all the boxes that matter deep inside the heart of a true petrolhead. Just looks so much better on a poster than a Golf, yes more expensive, but not by much once you've kitted out the golf with all the must have options?

Posted the concept interior by mistake, sorry. But production version maybe not entirely unimpressive when seen from a better res photo like this:

Sent from Samsung Tablet

A

Anonymous

Sorry but that's still a disappointing interior IMO. My Dad and several of my friends have all driven Alfas for years but one thing that Alfa don't do well is an interior. :( The rest of the car (asides from the headlights) do enough to overlook this.

As for the cost, afraid that there is still a significant price difference between the two cars. The Golf R is pretty much fully specced. Yes you can add the DSG gearbox but that's about it. That's still going to leave a price difference in excess of £13,200. :eek:

As I've said, they're very different cars and I really do like the 4C but they really aren't comparable.

A

Anonymous

Alfa.. better off with a Lotus..Evora..Anyhow Rizz as you know i leased my rcz mate...and get monthly email deals from these companys....God i wish i was in a position to lease again :( and l would have one of these beasts....New Golf 2.0 TFSI R 300BHP...£284 A MONTH over 23 months,6 months upfront,this includes metallic paint and tyres for the duration of the lease,plus the second years road tax.

Now thats a bargain.

A

Anonymous

That's an absolute steal!!! :eek: given my current irritation, I may have to investigate this!! Never been convinced about lease deals but I'm beginning to rethink this!!!

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
6k/8k miles more like 8 mate

Got a quote. It's for 10,000 miles but I think it's the outgoing R...hence the price. The car spec details a twin sports exhaust so this can't be the new one. Still a cracking deal though...

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

Got a quote. It's for 10,000 miles but I think it's the outgoing R...hence the price. The car spec details a twin sports exhaust so this can't be the new one. Still a cracking deal though...

Yeah, you looking for the twin-twin exhausts lol

Went to go look at the S3 this weekend. Very very nice car. Wouldve loved a set of oval RS pipes instead of the quads.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

Yeah, you looking for the twin-twin exhausts lol

Went to go look at the S3 this weekend. Very very nice car. Wouldve loved a set of oval RS pipes instead of the quads.

Why have less when you can have more...? ;) :lol:

A

Anonymous

Matt.. :) had a look in my email trash its 10,000 miles per annum for the Golf R solentvehicleleasing.co.uk

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

ITS THE BRAND NEW GOLF R with the DSG mate with 300 bhp, the old was only 267 bhp,its not the mk6 mate :thumbup:

email sent

A

Anonymous

Right on a Slow drive to work last Monday morning on the M80 going on to the M8 in Glasgow, Jassy passes by at about 5 MPH, a new 14 plate ultra clean Lapiz Blue,straight oot the wrapper Golf R it was :cool: ....what can l say "Love the car "class" and the quad exhuast really distinguish the car from the GTI...A huge leap in the Car ladder rungs from a RCZ,but anyone who knows cars and has had a RCZ for a wee while,will know this :)