What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Review of the new Golf R

Reaction score
Nice looking car although I do prefer the new focus RS specially now they are giving it 350bhp now that's one car I would have nest to the Z :dance:

A

Anonymous

I'm sure that the new RS will be an awesome car but I don't know that I could live with it. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

It's a good thing that we don't all like the same things. I'd only have one if it was a gift. Sorry it doesn't have any appeal whatsoever :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

You see I have no issue with a car just not appealing to someone's taste...

A

Anonymous

still think id go for the new 235i tbh though... althought i'd likely regret that as soon as there was a skimmering of snow!

A

Anonymous

I could find endless reviews that will tell you how it's not "just a golf/GTI with quad exhausts". This thing is a steal and it'll go quicker than an RCZ R...of that you can be sure. With the additional traction from a 4WD system, it'll corner better and actually of round a corner in the snow. I'm struggling not to retort with the obvious, "if this is just a (Golf) with quad exhausts then the RCZ are is surely comparatively "just" an RCZ with a fixed spoiler lip". ;) :lol: The latter is of course untrue and unfair but so are the accusations levelled at this marvel elsewhere on the thread. I'll say no more about it but suggest that perhaps it'd be wise to read the following and realise the error of such a misconception:

http://m.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/golf-r

A

Anonymous

I'm actually scared to. I know that I'd sign on the dotted line there and then!! :eek: :lol:

A

Anonymous

How bout the leon cupra... very tidy and considerably cheaper!

renegade79

Reaction score
Scratch that itch guys!!! Life is too short! Sure, my itch is for a 14 year old boxster with a plastic rear window :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Golf with 4 exhaust = fail

I dont care how good it is, you do not put 4 pipes on a 4cyl hatch...

A

Anonymous

Snowy87 said:
MaX83 said:
Golf with 4 exhaust = fail

I dont care how good it is, you do not put 4 pipes on a 4cyl hatch...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Max :D :D

Absolutely, hit the nail on the head!

I absolutely love the G7 gti and honestly think its the best hot hatch currently for sale. VW has however taken hyper hatch to their head... 4 pipes wouldve worked if they slapped the VAG 3.0tfsi or even the ol 5 pot from the rs3 under the hood... But not a 4 :?

A

Anonymous

Figo said:
How bout the leon cupra... very tidy and considerably cheaper!

Nope...doesn't do anything for me I'm afraid!!

Snowy, it's turning into a rash from all the scratching!! Your not helping me resist!!!