What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Review of the new Golf R

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
http://www.zeperfs.com/duel4645-4616.htm

Golf is 0.6 ahead at 400m but look at the gap at 1km. Cant wait for G7R lap times to start coming in. 10 quid on the Rcz being faster?

Can't see the lap times I'm afraid max but I KNOW I'd put my money on the Golf R. Wouldn't be prepared to accept the word of this site (your only go to site it would appear) however.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
mrizzle said:
MaX83 said:
Golf with 4 exhaust = fail

I dont care how good it is, you do not put 4 pipes on a 4cyl hatch...

Nonsense...

Lol, so why do you need 4 pipes on a 4pot? Cos it looks kiev? lol

Sorry Max...but that's in spectacularly bad taste!! :eusa-whistle: :thumbdown:

However, yes it may be largely aesthetic but they're all at it, see the new S3 for example. I wouldn't entirely discount a minor performance increase however in a 300bhp car.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
mrizzle said:
MaX83 said:
http://www.zeperfs.com/duel4645-4616.htm

Golf is 0.6 ahead at 400m but look at the gap at 1km. Cant wait for G7R lap times to start coming in. 10 quid on the Rcz being faster?

(your only go to site it would appear)

Yes, because they use averages from multiple publications all over the world, they dont just suck numbers out their @ss like autocar...

Max have you been drinking? Autocar generally uses real figures from their testing as opposed to simply giving your manufacturer quoted specs. Average smaverage...I know which publications I would be more inclined to trust and which I wouldn't. Collating figures from a range of publications is largely pointless if they're only quoting figures provided by a manufacturer or from some publications out there. Have you read them all?! Are they ALL reliable?! I suspect that you simply don't know...nor do I.

In short, we'll agree to disagree and probably best left there. I'm sure we will both enjoy our respective chosen Rs when the time comes...only mine will be quicker. ;) :lol:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Sorry Max...but that's in spectacularly bad taste!! :eusa-whistle: :thumbdown:

urban dictionary said:
Kiev
Function: adjective
Slang : remarkably good, cool or sophisticated but with an unobtainable or rare quality.

Only bad taste in this thread is a golf with 4 exhausts... :lol: Following your premise, a Bugatti should have 126 exhausts to extract the optimum power from its 1 000hp motor. S3 is just as sad as the R

Your comment on Zeperfs, thats the same as saying i should forget google and use the yellow pages... Please go read what zeperfs is about before making such silly comments.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
Your comment on Zeperfs, thats the same as saying i should forget google and use the yellow pages... Please go read what zeperfs is about before making such silly comments.

Silly comment...REALLY?! Yes Max, because the yellow pages is a "complete" listing of "all" phone numbers and google doesn't list provide search results to pages that are entirely made up/biased/extreme at all?! *sigh* A silly comment of your own I would suggest.

"The s3 is just as sad as the R". (Silly comment no. 2) Max, seriously?! I love that you can widely discount EVERY review in existence by respected motoring publications which rates these cars as 4/5 stars and yet will argue blind simply because YOU think something different. Having just written off two of the best handling, most powerful and best reviewed cars in this class, it's quite clear that there is really no point in continuing with this conversation with you. Pointless...just pointless.

Urban dictionary...really?! Because that isn't largely made up. One of the only things they've got right is the definition of my real name (search result 1). :lol: I also don't believe that that's what you meant but if you did, that is the most utterly random phrase and one that is never used in this country.

As for zeperfs, I have neither the inclination nor the interest to go find out more. I do note the site only has about 1670 "likes". Clearly not widely consulted...says it all really.

Right, I think it best that we both respectfully ignore one another's posts within this thread. It's not proving terribly constructive and I'd rather not spit out anymore coffee... :lol:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
Well going from an RCZ to a common Golf has to be the trade-down of the century! :( Wouldn't even cross my mind.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
MaX83 said:

Silly comment...REALLY?! Yes Max, because the yellow pages is a "compete" listing of "all" phone numbers and google doesn't list provide search results to pages that are entirely made up/biased/extreme at all?! *sigh* A silly comment of your own I would suggest.

"The s3 is just as sad as the R". (Silly comment no. 2) Max, seriously?! I love that you can widely discount EVERY review in existence by respected motoring publications which rates these cars as 4/5 stars and yet will argue blind simply because YOU think something different. Having just written off two of the best handling, most powerful and best reviewed cars in this class, it's quite clear that there is really no point in continuing with this conversation with you. Pointless...just pointless.

Urban dictionary...really?! Because that isn't largely made up. One of the only things they've got right is the definition of my real name (search result 1). :lol: I also don't believe that that's what you meant but if you did, that is the most utterly random phrase and one that is never used in this country.

As for zeperfs, I have neither the inclination nor the interest to go find out more. I do note the site only has about 1670 "likes". Clearly not widely consulted...says it all really.

Right, I think it best that we both respectfully ignore one another's posts within this thread. It's not proving terribly constructive and I'd rather not spit out anymore coffee... :lol:

That was honestly what imeant with kiev, sorry if you thought it meant something else...

Lets agree to disagree on the rest...

A

Anonymous

Tomas_90 said:
Well going from an RCZ to a common Golf has to be the trade-down of the century! :( Wouldn't even cross my mind.

The R isn't a common Golf. They only account for around 2.5% of all Golf sales at present. I'm drawn to it and I like the fact that it's so understated...yet will blow away much of what's on the roads.

What's next for you then Tomas?

A

Anonymous

Matt its a CLASS ACT...and a car thats given RESPECT...It ticks every box in the book,l admire this car...Jassy will be driving the AUDI VERSION next year S3, only because of the Family discount mate.....and YOU living in Eberdeen and having 4 wheel drive :thumbup: And its also handy for little Matts/Jens... :lol: To sum up "A car with no stigmas attached"and add the DSG GEARBOX TO 4X4 5sec's mate mate...Priceless :lol:

A

Anonymous

Matt if you like it, you buy it, don't listen to anyone else....even if it is JIST golf, I winna defriend ya ...... :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Thanks Donna and Jassy!! :thumbup: I'm glad that neither of you will "defriend" me for my choice. It really does tick all the boxes for what I want from my next car. I love my RCZ but it's just not practical enough for the future that Jen and I hope to be fortunate enough to have.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Yes it's your choice at the end of the day. We all just sit here and pass comment one way or the other BUT it's YOUR hard earned money. it's YOUR decision as to what you spend your money on. I'm sure there are lots of Golf owners who dislike the RCZ. It's all about personal choices :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Yes it's your choice at the end of the day. We all just sit here and pass comment one way or the other BUT it's YOUR hard earned money. it's YOUR decision as to what you spend your money on. I'm sure there are lots of Golf owners who dislike the RCZ. It's all about personal choices :thumbup:

Absolutely, no matter what anyone say, the day they help you pay for the car, that day, they can give input into what you must buy and must not buy. If you get an R, you will be getting the cream of the hatchback crop and you wont regret it, especially if you like the 4pipes ;) :thumbup:

Tomas_90

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
Tomas_90 said:

The R isn't a common Golf. They only account for around 2.5% of all Golf sales at present. I'm drawn to it and I like the fact that it's so understated...yet will blow away much of what's on the roads.

What's next for you then Tomas?
I don't know yet. Have no real candidates that i could actually afford at the moment :( Had the same problem while i had the 406 before the RCZ. Didn't know what to buy then either exept for the RCZ that was a bit of a dream far away for a long time. Then i just went for it.

I would like a higher powered RWD car but finding one of those that i like isn't the easiest thing.

However i'll drive my RCZ for atleast another year if not more! Who knows maybe i'll find a cheap RCZ R and get hooked on that. And speaking of that, a car i wouldn't mind having is a 308 R when it launches....

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
If you get an R, you will be getting the cream of the hatchback crop and you wont regret it, especially if
you like the 4pipes ;) :thumbup:

One advice: if your want that car test-drive both, the Golf and the S3. Even when the engine (and probably 99% of the rest) is more or less identical there's ALWAYS a different feel between a VW and the corresponding Audi, and you can only feel it when you drive it.

Sometimes the VW feels better, sometimes the Audi.