What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Review of the new Golf R

A

Anonymous

Never really fancied a golf but wow that is stunning. I also said wow at the price tag too though....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Yeah they're being sold at inflated prices at the moment. Exactly the same happened when the new Golf GTI landed and people were paying it to avoid the lengthy wait. Just goes to show that market forces of supply and demand hold true!!

A

Anonymous

Not a fan of that Carbon Leather.. :wtf: they are singing all dancing Demos 1st one £6000 worth of extras..the 2nd car has £10,000 worth of extras,they aint jumped up prices the Satnav alone in these cars costs £1900,that leather,£3k and the sunroof...£1200 easy i am going on the VW configurator now.. :lol:

A

Anonymous

Let me know Jassy but I never managed to configure one that cost 40K even when adding just about very option on the go. The carbon leather (which I don't particularly like is 2200 I think from memory), the sat nav is around 1800 and the sunroof is around 900 and summat I think.

A

Anonymous

I configured it to the same spec as my Focus ST...IT CAME TO £36,344 thats just with normal leather seats £1700,the carbon leather is £2615 the top of the range nav is £1,765,keyless entry is £355,heated windscreen £295,rear view camera £165,high beam assist is £140,Adaptive chassis control £895,Adanced phone connection £315,Winter paack with leather £245.

Its JUST as expensive than the S3 :wtf:

I didnt add them Naff 19" Pretoria alloys they are £895 i love the standard 18" the Sunroof is a not bad its £900...

its getting really expensive....to be honest i wouldnt have leather in a car again...its far too much hard work to keep in perfect condition...so for a great specced Golf R your talking £35,000...would i get one :eusa-think: only if i could really afford one...they will BE very rare :thumbup:

Hey the Focus ST GETS A FACELIFT...out next March and its getting more Power 280 bhp i think or is that 280 PS...LOL

A

Anonymous

35 grand looks like GTI then that's just to much for a golf cool as it is.

A

Anonymous

I'm not convinced that the camera actually exists. My mate (who ordered a GTD) was told that VW had pulled the camera as an option due to problems with them. I'm not a huge fan of this 19s either and wouldn't be terribly bothered about a sunroof, keyless entry and could live with the lower model sat nav (it's just a smaller screen) but would want the winter pack.

Mac, a fully kitted GTI will cost you more than an entry level R and come in at over 32k! :eek: It's worth configuring both and seeing where you stand.

A

Anonymous

Saw my first one in the flesh driving around the city today in that awesome blue!! Looks phenomenal IMO!!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Saw my first one in the flesh driving around the city today in that awesome blue!! Looks phenomenal IMO!!

Lapiz blue.. :cool: Go For It but not with them Pretoria 19" alloys... save yourself £900 and get them lovely standard polished 18"s, it drives better with 18"s...trust me :) my focus is so comfy with 18"s and the wheel arch's dont dwarf them either same goes with the Golf R :beer:

A

Anonymous

This one didn't have the upgraded ones (which look a bit tacky IMO). Sadly, even with regular rims on it, it's still out of my reach at present. :cry: