What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ's HONEYMOON PERIOD NOW OVER.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Astra sri 140, 2006.
I believe that "50" profile is ok.
if your sri had 18"s on it ????it was a 45 profile or even 40 even if it had standard 17" wheels it would still 45 at least ,a 50 profile is a comfort tyre and is a rare profile size 60 is very common, the side wall is proportional to the the tyre width so a 235 tyre with say a 35 profile will be the same as a 40 profile on a 225 tyre.in other words the the profile is the percentage of the tyre "TREAD" WIDTH.

here is 1 for you i had two sets of wheels for my type R both oem's 1 set of 18" wheel 225/40/18,the other set was 225/35/19 the difference in width was near enough of the 50mm its the tyre tread width the measure not the tyre width

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
jactac said:
Astra sri 140, 2006.
I believe that "50" profile is ok.
if your sri had 18"s on it ????it was a 45 profile or even 40 even if it had standard 17" wheels it would still 45 at least ,a 50 profile is a comfort tyre and is a rare profile size 60 is very common, the side wall is proportional to the the tyre width so a 235 tyre with say a 35 profile will be the same as a 40 profile on a 225 tyre.in other words the the profile is the percentage of the tyre "TREAD" WIDTH.

here is 1 for you i had two sets of wheels for my type R both oem's 1 set of 18" wheel 225/40/18,the other set was 225/35/19 the difference in width was near enough of the 50mm its the tyre tread width the measure not the tyre width

Ummmm, Is this what your trying to say. :eusa-think: :eusa-whistle: :lol:

Tyre Wall Profile:
The ratio of the sidewall to the width of the tyre tread. Expressed as a percentage ie. a tyre of 220mm width with a sidewall height of 110mm would be a 50 Aspect Ratio, or 50 profile tyre.

Understanding Tyre Wall Profile:
The aspect ratio of a tyre is the height of the tyre sidewall expressed as a percentage of the tyres width. To understand this more you need to recognise the meaning of the size markings on the sidewall of a tyre.

For instance a typical tyre size used today is 205 / 55 R 16 and this size can be broken down into 3 major areas:

205 - this is the width of the tyre expressed in mm.

55 - the aspect ratio, or profile of the tyre, in this case 55% of the tyre width.

16 - diameter of the rim the tyre is designed to be fitted to (in inches).

In this case the tyre sidewall height would be 113mm (205 x 55%).

It can be stated that the smaller the aspect ratio, the wider the tyre in relation to its height.

Aspect ratios will range from 80 series (eg 175/80R14) all the way down to 25 series (eg 335/25R19).

Here endeth todays lesson on tyre wall profile. :sleeping-yellow:

I just want a set of tyres that will soften the road noise in the cabin, and will not interfere with the wheel arch, or warranty for that matter, not too much to ask.
Now i dont care what size they are, what make they are, they could be pink and made from pigs goolies for all i care, as long as they are quieter than whats on the car now.
So i'm really not interested in all the techy stuff about tyres to be totaly honest, but thanks for the input. :thumbup:

Oh, i do recall somewhere that they will have to be cicular in shape. :lol:

A

Anonymous

MICHELIN................................ :sleeping-yellow: INCREASING THE PROFILE to 235/50/19 is the same as puting a 20"rim on.if you increase the profile you need to decrease wheel size normally

A

Anonymous

jactac.. The answer is simple. Listen to more music whilst on the move. I never travel without music and never have a problem with "cabin noise". Could this be the answer to your dilemma?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jactac.. The answer is simple. Listen to more music whilst on the move. I never travel without music and never have a problem with "cabin noise". Could this be the answer to your dilemma?

The only thing i can think that will drown out the RCZ cabin noise is jungle bongo drums :lol:

t110jim

Reaction score
been out in my hdi today very quiet only tyre roar on bad surfaces car is a joy to drive

A

Anonymous

I must admit I didn't realise how noisey the RCZ was until I got my Mercedes SLK its much quieter and creates much less tyre noise and its a convertible with 19 inch alloys.
In the 6 months I had the RCZ I was back at the dealer for a few things and found them very unhelpful. I do agree the RCZ is a great car but Peugeot do need to sort out a few of its flaws to bring it in line with its German rivals. Hopefully the facelift model will sort out the front end looks and perhaps a new interior which is not the same as the 308's and the use of some higher quality plastics. Personally I think Peugeot would be better getting rid of the lion on the bonnet and replacing it with RCZ lettering so it wasn't so obvious that it was a Peugeot, this would make it seem much more exotic ;)

A

Anonymous

yes i agree that distancing the rcz brand from the normal peugeot brand is a good point, fiat done this with the abarth brand to much success,but i wondered last week about the interior of the rcz/308 and looked at 308 at it was night and day the dash is totally different,your mercedes slk how much is that you cant compared them as the mercedes is far more expensive,you get what you pay for,peugeot should not rest on there laurels but giving the rcz a new interior no big NO it just needs a little pampering here and there.

A

Anonymous

IT'S A PEUGEOT !!! For crying out loud. Not a Merc, BMW or any other quality brand it's only a Peugeot. I love it for what it is and how it looks, but it is and always will be a mere Peugeot, If you want/need better then buy a better marque. Personally I prefer a top model middle ranking marque to a lower spec. better one. You pays your money and makes your choice, so no point going over the what ifs. Cos the what ifs are what are. Like it or sell it.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
IT'S A PEUGEOT !!! For crying out loud. Not a Merc, BMW or any other quality brand it's only a Peugeot. I love it for what it is and how it looks, but it is and always will be a mere Peugeot, If you want/need better then buy a better marque. Personally I prefer a top model middle ranking marque to a lower spec. better one. You pays your money and makes your choice, so no point going over the what ifs. Cos the what ifs are what are. Like it or sell it.

Ronnie my son, watch that bloody blood pressure . :oops: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
IT'S A PEUGEOT !!!

Yes but at long last they produced a cracker :clap: i just need to say one word,EVOLUTION,now Peugeot dont sit back otherwise you will be left well behind,listen to what owners say :eusa-think: and improve on exactly what's wrong with its basics and i for one will purchase the EVO 2 :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

dolanog said:
OO58RON said:
IT'S A PEUGEOT !!!

Yes but at long last they produced a cracker :clap: i just need to say one word,EVOLUTION,now Peugeot dont sit back otherwise you will be left well behind,listen to what owners say :eusa-think: and improve on exactly what's wrong with its basics and i for one will purchase the EVO 2 :thumbup:
But they have their market and their products are built and priced for that market. It would be a huge leap to leave behind their competitors and step up to the next league and would it be commercially viable to even try? No. They should stick to their value and continue to produce a decent product at affordable prices.

A

Anonymous

Agree with your comment's don't expect or want Peugeot to go down or up the road to match TT or any German equivalent in trim or quality,but just improve on something slightly unique,sexy,and French :eusa-think: ,i do agree Peugeot will probably not give a second thought to our comment's,im sure the RCZ will continue to sell well,but it's a shame there is a few of us here with the EVO 1 looking ahead to 2012,and by christ there are some good vehicles on the way :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:

Its only a Peugeot? what a negative attitude to take, its still a fairly expensive car :roll: They're aiming the RCZ at some German rivals ie the scirroco, BMW 1 series coupe and lower spec TT's why should they not strive to get in line with the German quality?

A

Anonymous

RCZ146 said:
OO58RON said:

Its only a Peugeot? what a negative attitude to take, its still a fairly expensive car :roll: They're aiming the RCZ at some German rivals ie the scirroco, BMW 1 series coupe and lower spec TT's why should they not strive to get in line with the German quality?

Excellent point :text-goodpost: :clap:

A

Anonymous

Guy's
I think this topic is now exhausted,what i will say is if i wanted to purchase a TT the discount is very tempting and Dealers want to get rid over next twelve months before the 3rd generation arrives i would have :eusa-think: but i fell for the RCZ's looks and perhaps French chic,in other words not perfect and boring but stylish and a bit elegant,can you imagine the RCZ as a TT clone :thumbdown:,but im attempting to point out small issues i would like to see improved on,sound insulation is a simple cure,my gripe on the 200THP's harsh suspension is meerly personal as i prefer the 156THP set up,and yes the old gripe,a bit more power,but as i keep saying if there are small but progressive changes this will tempt customers like us to stay :eusa-think:and not look at other options.

Mentione'd to Jactac on another topic,do you think Peugeot may produce a special RCZ next year running on twin 48 webbers,quaife straight cut gearbox with bias pedal box :wtf:perhaps remove climate control and radio as there will be so much noise and same time reduce some weight and perhaps remove rear seat's and bolt in a cage and yes before i forgett add the anti lag system :eek: that could be the next in depth topic :eusa-think: :wtf:but dont worry im seeing my Doctor this thursday.