What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ's HONEYMOON PERIOD NOW OVER.

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's quite right Jactac its exactly what forums are about and I do like a bit of banter :thumbup:

In answer to some of your comments, I don't have corroding water marks down the side of my car and so how do you know I have corroding wing mirrors? As I do use an hairdryer to dry the wing mirrors maybe I have stopped that from occuring. I don't have the wing mirrors making a noise when they close or open - so maybe that's true :eusa-think: The air dryer is not such a strange idea, I have been considering buying something called a Black Baron which is something similar to an hairdryer, to dry the car with. It eliminates the need to touch the car to dry it. :D

I agree with Mr Shiney, the car is living up to my expectations. When I had a Peugeot 206cc there were lots of stories about the electrics failing, the electric roof jamming, etc, etc. I NEVER had any problems with mine. It never let me down in the three years that I owned it, that's why I ignored the stories about Peugeot this time around. Everyone knows that German cars in general have a better build quality, but you can still get bad ones in those too. Not everything is perfect.

At the end of the day, not everyone is going to like the RCZ whether they choose to buy one or not. Those that do make the decision to buy and then discover that the car is not for them is also going to happen. It happens every day of the week. You pays your money................... It's just unlucky for you that its happened.

But I have to say, you have owned it for 3 months but from what I can make out from your posts, not really driven it with any real vigour. I think that is what you need to do. From your posts it seems that you are just trying to listen out for any little noise that you can rather than enjoying the car for what it is.

Go on, go mad ;)

A

Anonymous

RCZ1,
Gotta go to work now so will try to reply tomorrow.
But for the record i do like the RCZ but not some of the baggage that comes with it.
As for driving it vigorously, thats not my style of driving, nor do i need to "listen out for any little noise", because like other owners have quoted the cabin is noisier enough without having to "listen out" for them.

Corroding mirrors, i never said you had them , i said that you had given a tip on how to dry the mirrors with an hairdryer, hence helping to dry out any exsess water that is getting trapped in the mirror, which then causes the poor quality and designed mirror to corrode . Again for the record, MY WORDS THEY ARE, NOT YOURS .

A

Anonymous

i purchased a brand new fiat grande punto multijet sporting back in the summer of 2006...............it was a stunning looking hatchback it cost £12,700+£600 for a glass roof it was stunning and the 1st of its kind on the road in scotland and it was a pivotal car for fiat in the same way the rcz is for peugeot it changed fiat and they have improved on all there cars across the range since then fiat 500/abarth.but my point is ounce the honeymoon period was over i was so tierd of this car plus after a year it was heavily discounted :evil: i kept it for 2 years 6 months and it had done 60kmiles and the suspension and steering where knackered.i will never buy a fiat or even a alfa ever again and much of that reason i would never buy a peugeot (i leased it) for 2 years till things pick up hopefully in this country.the fiat ruled my heart much the same way the rcz rules the hearts with its drop dead gorgeous looks,i had my honda civic for 2 years 6months 24k miles it had squeeky noises and rattles instantly due to the tight chassis and 225/35/19 wheels but i lived with it by turning the stereo up;) but i left it with 24k on the clock and it was still tight as drum just as tight as my new rcz.what i am saying is i empathise with your feelings :(

RCZ1

Reaction score
I think the noise problems that some people are experiencing are down to the 19 inch wheels, at least in part. Tyres and their sizes can make such a HUGE difference to the ride, handling, road noise, etc - they cannot be underestimated.
If people are not accustomed to them it can ruin a ride.

jactac said:
RCZ1,
Gotta go to work now so will try to reply tomorrow.
But for the record i do like the RCZ but not some of the baggage that comes with it.
As for driving it vigorously, thats not my style of driving

Jactac, driving vigorously is not my driving style either but the odd times that I'm alone in the car on a bendy country road, it's great just to really enjoy it. I don't mean that I speed either, I stick to the speed limit, but feel the car through the bends and the feel of the steering and it's hard to beat. Since the clocks went forward in March, I have been known to go out on a night just to take the RCZ out for a spin on country roads. I've never done that with any of my other cars.
I love it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

The honeymoon period is not over for me. I await my new RCZ in a couple of weeks with great excitement. On my pay grade this is the best car that I have ever owned and the best that I have ever driven. Yes I could have gone for a better marque maybe Jag, BMW, Merc or maybe even a junior Porsche. I know that the specification would not be anywhere close to that of my RCZ. My brother owns a Porsche, Toyota Supra, MG his 215BHP works van several motor bikes but his favourite is a Skoda Fabia (sporty thingy) I think maybe we aspire for more whereas he can afford the best but is happy with his Skoda. I still maintain a lot of the gripes are in my opinion characteristics of the car and others perceptive. Dare I say that some may be aspirational. In as much as for some (like me) this is a big expensive purchase and maybe expectations are exceeding the reality. This is only a PEUGEOT built down to a price that working men and women can afford to buy. Think back to the Hillman Imp, BL Allegro, Morris Marina etc etc the cars of our predecessors, we really do have the better deal. These are complex pieces of electrical gadgetry, so not surprises that occasionally it goes wrong. Road noise is in my mind perceptive as I don't believe it is at all noisy. I have diesel and 19" wheels.
This is a good thread and will create lots of good and valid comments, it will be a great sounding board, but no decision or agreement will be attained so these are my last verbals on the topic. I shall enjoy the debate :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Road noise is in my mind perceptive as I don't believe it is at all noisy. I have diesel and 19" wheels.

Me too - and this is one NOISY car.
I can live with it as I've had a previous car that was like this (purposely) so it doesn't put me off.
Surprised me though, however as above, I can live with it.
Maybe if I'd have paid more, then this road noise would have decreased accordingly :eusa-think:

I agree that it is all to do with perception / expectation and I think it also depends on what car(s) you may have previously had. Sometimes the expectation is more, sometimes less.

I too, have been reasonably fortunate in a lack of problems: Blown Running Light (irritating) and the current wheels issue (confusing), although it will be interesting to see whether the issues experienced by others are just a "waiting game" i.e. going to happen over time e.g. corroding mirrors, etc.

I didn't expect either Peugeot or the price paid to see the vehicle full of majorly expensive parts / quality or high level gadgets.
What I did expect though, was a reasonable level of parts / quality that would at least see me through the first three years. Hopefully, this will turn out to be the case for the majority of us.

Finally, don't forget that this is a Peugeot sponsored Board ( :clap: ), so any "negative" type threads / responses / etc need to be tactfully balanced / redressed to ensure that any potential buyer scanning this Forum has a reasonable view / understanding of what the favourable / adverse points of the car / ownership are. They can then make a more informed decision.
I've bolded the key word, as I don't quite think the Mods have got there yet, although I'm sure will improve as the weeks / months roll on.

Anyway, keep up the good work All and make sure we (both Buyers and potential Buyers) enjoy this excellent Forum and get the most out of it :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

in the winter i put the oem 18" alloys on my civic type r just to save the lovely 19"s from damage but also the 19" wheels where totally useless in the snow giving no traction at all ,the yokohamas where summer tyres,but the car was even better to drive with more grip and less noise with the 18"s on.my rcz is very quiet even silent on a good road surface but on sum badly surfaced roads you can feel the 19"s struggle with the suface especially at the rear it bobbles about.may i also mention i could have got a audi tt 2.0 tdi 170bhp for a little less than i got my rcz for a month but the rcz stole the show looks and spec wise also its a lot lot rarer on the road than the bland tt.the 200bhp rcz was a bit less than the tt tdi sportline but not much.spec up a rcz gt 200 thp and it can get very very close to the high end tt,(tts and ttrs not included of course)but you pays your money you take your choice as they say.

A

Anonymous

Right ok, lets make this clear, i DO like the RCZ, and if i were to let it go i would be gutted because i really want to enjoy the car and would love to keep it for many years, but at the moment i'm not so sure. Ok thats cleared that up !

As yet (touch wood) i have not experienced any major faults or issues, however as the car has only done around 750 miles i do not think the brake calipers should be showing signs of rust, this at the moment is the only "Fault" i have on the car. Oh and the drivers mirror is noisy when it folds. So for me i regard these 2 "faults" as quality issues.

I do think the cabin is noisy, and yes it could be from the 19 inch tyres,as i've already mentioned before, and i am thinking of changing them, because this hollow, rumbly noise coming through the cabin is, for me making the car sound and feel older than what it is. It would be an expensive trial though, to change all the tyres so soon, but if it makes the cabin quieter then i would be very happy.
Maybe this is how a Sports Coupe should sound, i dont know because i've never had one before. But again the first thing i thought was, "poor quality sound proofing".
Other owners who have more experience with "sports" cars than me think the same thing.

So when you start reading threads where many other owners are reporting the same faults or issues as your own and also reporting other issues as well, then naturally you tend to think that this car is not built as well as it looks.

I can understand owners who have not experienced any problems arguing that this car is great, because without any issues it would be a great car, and i would be the first to say so, but these owners should also understand our frustrations and why a thread is posted questioning the quality of build on the RCZ, afterall the list of faults on the car is varied and seems to be growing.

So is The Honeymoon Period Over ? Should this car sound and feel like it does ? Are those faults that others have reported acceptable so soon ? Is Elvis really dead ?

A

Anonymous

I still think that my car looks beautiful, but I had to be towed to the garage on the back of an AA truck yesterday after the engine started making very worrying noises so the  honeymoon period for me is now officially over!

A

Anonymous

Well done Guy's :clap:i had a feeling my question would prove be provocative :eusa-think:
As stated on another topic,recent trip to Peugeot for warranty issue,the service manager confirmed he had read bulletin's about sound levels in cabin,so i can presume this may be addressed :thumbup:
I do not expect cabin to be in the same league as many German rivals as you will pay a large premium,but im not prepared to be driving a no compromise full on rigid ride,this can be easily rectified by using the more user friendly 156THP set-up,after all we are taking(200bhp in it's current format)not some Clarksson loving 500bhp supercar that requires that set up.
On a positive side i will add the unique design of the exterior(minus) front is superb,the general feel and look of the interior is very good,and do stress from day one on this forum i genuinely love the RCZ but im a great believer in evolution,let's highlight the negative's so the forthcoming model will inspire other manufacteror's to envy and follow RCZ example not Peugeot and others attempting to play constant catch up with its German rival's and perhaps soon to be Japanese competition :eusa-think:
Once again thankyou for making this forum interesting and varied :beer:

A

Anonymous

RCZ MATT said:
....I had to be towed to the garage on the back of an AA truck yesterday after the engine started making very worrying noises......

That's bad news Matt.

Are you able to expand on the noises and did it just come on, or has it been niggling for a while.
Which model do you have and how long have you had the motor ??

Hopefully, you'll be back up to :auto-car: in no time :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Right ok, lets make this clear, i DO like the RCZ, and if i were to let it go i would be gutted because i really want to enjoy the car and would love to keep it for many years, but at the moment i'm not so sure. Ok thats cleared that up !

As yet (touch wood) i have not experienced any major faults or issues, however as the car has only done around 750 miles i do not think the brake calipers should be showing signs of rust, this at the moment is the only "Fault" i have on the car. Oh and the drivers mirror is noisy when it folds. So for me i regard these 2 "faults" as quality issues.

I do think the cabin is noisy, and yes it could be from the 19 inch tyres,as i've already mentioned before, and i am thinking of changing them, because this hollow, rumbly noise coming through the cabin is, for me making the car sound and feel older than what it is. It would be an expensive trial though, to change all the tyres so soon, but if it makes the cabin quieter then i would be very happy.
Maybe this is how a Sports Coupe should sound, i dont know because i've never had one before. But again the first thing i thought was, "poor quality sound proofing".
Other owners who have more experience with "sports" cars than me think the same thing.

So when you start reading threads where many other owners are reporting the same faults or issues as your own and also reporting other issues as well, then naturally you tend to think that this car is not built as well as it looks.

I can understand owners who have not experienced any problems arguing that this car is great, because without any issues it would be a great car, and i would be the first to say so, but these owners should also understand our frustrations and why a thread is posted questioning the quality of build on the RCZ, afterall the list of faults on the car is varied and seems to be growing.

So is The Honeymoon Period Over ? Should this car sound and feel like it does ? Are those faults that others have reported acceptable so soon ? Is Elvis really dead ?

your hollow cabin roar is down to only wheel sze and tyre make,continental's are a inherently noisey tyre,as i said in previous post's my type r with 225/35/19 was noisier than the peugeot rcz and the rcz tyres are even wider than the civic's and the civic's suspension was "as a hard as a whore's heart" to coin a phrase hence the dodgem like drive as far as i am concerned peugeot have done good job on cabin noise.you will never get a quiet car in this class with 19" alloys you pay the price for aesthetics the 19"s fill the arch's nicely in the rcz the 18's look too small for the rcz.and the last bit of info useless i know but MEASURE THE DIAMETER OF THE RCZ WHEEL RIM-RIM IT MEASURES 20.5 INCH'S AS DID MY HONDA :?: :shock:

A

Anonymous

Tyre & wheel size may very well contribute to the cabin noise, this is why i'm considering changing thet tyres to a bigger profile. However i still feel the car would benefit from more sound proofing or better quality sound proofing.

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders
After the discussions here I turned my radio off today to listen to "the cabin noise". The only "weird" thing I noticed was a bottle of cava laying loose in the boot. :mrgreen:

And I heard the tires screaming when taking the accesturn on the highway fast enough to let a vw golf VI driver know that everyone can drive fast in a straight line, but the difference is made in cornering. :dance: :dance: :dance:

That the tires make some noise on the road is "normal" in my opinion. :oops:

Yes continental is well known as a bit loud. Compared to the Dunlops on my 206 I have to say that continental is quit. I don't think that different tiresize reduces this "noise", Partly the design of the tire is responsible for noises. So if it really bothers you I suggest shopping with another brand. ;)

A

Anonymous

increasing the profile will only improve comfort but not tyre roar,the largest in profile you will go is "45" and to me aint worth the expense,just out of curiosty what car did you drive prior mate

A

Anonymous

JACTAC :wave:

the only note of caution is, if you change the tyre size im not sure how that will go down on the warranty,say for example you have a wheel bearing or suspension issue,would Peugeot use the excuse of non standard items to invalidate warranty :eusa-think: best have a chat with your stealer before purchase :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I can confirm that changing the profile of the tyre will not invalidate or affect the warranty. However you will need your Dealer to ensure that any modification does not interfere with other suspension components or the wheel arch. In addition the ESP ECU unit may need to be reconfigured for the new tyre size.

A

Anonymous

whats going on guys & girls i get back from my holidays and start catching up on all the latest posts ive missed and unrest seems to be setting in !!!!! :wtf: these rcz's are like a good woman :eusa-think: when you find the right one you stick with them through thick & thin and the same can be said about a good man !! all cars have problems my take is you work with what you got and try to resolve things on the plus side you got 3 years before it starts costing you .