What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Spare Alloy Wheel "Kit"

A

Anonymous

Okay, so I collected my full sized spare wheel today with a continental tyre fitted and all accessories for £558.10 :thumbup: So now I can drive with a reasonable level of confidence, safe in the knowledge that I have a usable spare and won't be inconvenienced following a puncture by waiting for a tyre company to source a tyre :clap:

Thank you Peugeot UK for your generosity, the gesture was very much appreciated and totally unexpected :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

You could have had my space saver for £100.00, saving you £458.10.

Does it fit flush in the boot, not sticking up like the one we saw at Pinley House.

Still in the back ground till next saturday when we pick up the new beast

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
You could have had my space saver for £100.00, saving you £458.10.

Does it fit flush in the boot, not sticking up like the one we saw at Pinley House.

Still in the back ground till next saturday when we pick up the new beast
I am more than happy with the full size version :thumbup: For me the advantages of a full size replacement far exceed the price saving on a space saver. I was concerned that, was I to get a puncture away from my locale, then I would be forced to use the "gunk" (I have only ever used that stuff once and it failed to work, leaving me stranded and with a huge bill.) It means that I can simply change the wheel or let the AA do so and then get the puncture repaired at leisure, rather than using the "gunk" which then requires a new tyre purchase and a probable wait till the following day for them to get hold of one (assuming the next day is a working day) and what in the mean time? Potter about at 50MPH? A gorgeous car looking ridiculous :thumbdown: No. not for me :D I intend to keep this beautiful car and now I have peace of mind, that if I get a puncture then it can be repaired at the least possible expense and cause the least amount of inconvenience :clap:

Nice to see you are still lurking though :beer:

A

Anonymous

Sorry race, I neglected to answer the question, re "does it sit flush" well, yes and no really. :wtf: I have/was supplied with a small spacer. So the carpet sits level and does not "rock"
So there may be a minuscule loss of height space available, however this really is so small as to be totally insignificant. For all intents and purposes, the base of my boot is firm and level and no one would ever know that it was not as it left the factory :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Glad you happy with this solution Ron.

I have no issues now. The new beast has run flats, why didn't Peugeot put them on the RCZ.The only issue is when I come to replace them, thats if Dee does not get bored in 18 months time again.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Re: RCZ Spare Alloy Wheel "Kit"

race0360 said:
Glad you happy with this solution Ron.

I have no issues now. The new beast has run flats, why didn't Peugeot put them on the RCZ.The only issue is when I come to replace them, thats if Dee does not get bored in 18 months time again.

I had run flats on my Mini, the ride was very hard. How you finding yours?

A

Anonymous

Why have car manufacturers stopped supplying full size spare wheels? We firstly went to space savers and now onto gunk, Why? If it is as I seem to recall somebody telling me, that it is to do with weight and hence emissions, Will I have an issue when it goes for an MOT? On that note I also seem to recall, someone telling me, that it is not a legal requirement to have a spare wheel, but if you do then it must be road legal. Ie. It must have the legal tread depth but does it also have to be inflated to the correct level? Again, if so, will I have an issue as mine is partially deflated, in order that it will fit into the wheel well.

Not to much of an issue because if the answer to one or both of the above is yes, then I can simply leave the wheel at home and put it back once I have the test certificate in my hands.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Why have car manufacturers stopped supplying full size spare wheels? We firstly went to space savers and now onto gunk, Why? If it is as I seem to recall somebody telling me, that it is to do with weight and hence emissions, Will I have an issue when it goes for an MOT? On that note I also seem to recall, someone telling me, that it is not a legal requirement to have a spare wheel, but if you do then it must be road legal. Ie. It must have the legal tread depth but does it also have to be inflated to the correct level? Again, if so, will I have an issue as mine is partially deflated, in order that it will fit into the wheel well.

Not to much of an issue because if the answer to one or both of the above is yes, then I can simply leave the wheel at home and put it back once I have the test certificate in my hands.

The reason that most car manufacturers stopped providing spare wheels is, partially, as you recall. It reduces the weight of the vehicle allowing them to produce (marginally) better performance figures and fuel consumption. However, personally I'd prefer a spare wheel and, those so inclined, can feel free to take it out and enjoy these fractionally improved figures. Failing that, I'd at least like the option to buy one at a reduced price when buying the vehicle. I think I'd rather be towed to a garage than use the "gunk"!

I'm so glad that you resolved the issue. I managed to pick up a tyre in great condition and undamaged alloy from the scrappy for my last car because I was so reluctant to use the gunk. I can honestly say that I noticed the at to be no slower!! Have you noticed any difference? I should imagine not!

A

Anonymous

Oh and it's not a legal requirement to have a spare tyre and, after double checking the MOT test procedure on directgov, the spare tyre is NOT inspected during the test.

A

Anonymous

Re: RCZ Spare Alloy Wheel

mrizzle said:
Oh and it's not a legal requirement to have a spare tyre and, after double checking the MOT test procedure on directgov, the spare tyre is NOT inspected during the test.
Thank you Sir :thumbup: Me thinks that I am now sorted. I am a lot happier safe in the knowledge that it is there :clap: On the OCD side of things I can now take a wheel off to properly detail it as well as the wheel :geek:

A

Anonymous

I have just been sitting in the garden contemplating and generally enjoying our great British summer. My mind was reflecting the conversations on this forum with regards to spare wheels and the solutions that so many of us have adopted to rectify the neglect of car manufacturers.

It seems abundantly clear that we, the car buying public have not asked for our cars to be supplied without a spare wheel. We are not bothered if it saves a minuscule amount of fuel. So if the manufactures began this process to out do one another in some efficiency tables, then now is the time for them to stop this lunacy. They have reached parity and we have lost the safety net we require.

So, please Mr Peugeot Group member, I call upon you to take up the baton on behalf of all of us and air our views at any opportune moments/meetings that are appropriate and see if we can't turn the clock back and return to full sized replacement wheels being supplied as standard.

Whatever argument that the doubters have against this motion there are several counter arguments in it's favour. "save fuel " maybe,..then leave out the engine :clap: A spare wheel is as important to a car buyer as a screen is to a TV buyer. Why would you want one without the other?

A

Anonymous

A wonderfully eloquent and well expressed post Ron! :thumbup: I couldn't agree with you more!!

On a side note, you're out in the garden?! Lucky bu**er!! It's predictably grey round my way. Any philosophising will be done indoors up here!!

A

Anonymous

I'm waiting for the day when I have blow out! What good will the gunk be then? Would it repair a 6inch gash in the side wall? I think not! I certainly wouldn't pay Peugeot anywhere near £500 for 1 alloy Plenty of aftermarket sellers on the net that you would find almost identical for a heck of a lot less. For £900 you could of bagged yourself a whole new set of alloys with tyres.

Totally agree though I couldn't give a stuff about the extra fuel I'd save! Give us the spare we deserve. Im dreading the day when my misses calls me & shes broken down with a puncture or a blow out.
Oh but don't worry the traffic wombles will be there to help. Another waste of our taxes!

A

Anonymous

RCZ 22 said:
Can anyone at Peugeot answer why a 407 space saver wheel is on back order and is now over 6 weeks since i ordered it.I have bought and paid for the seperate tyre.As i have gone down this road i will stick with this option , luck enough no puncture.I have tried many many scrap yards over the country without success of a second hand one.Any help greatly appreciated.
hi i tried ordering a space saving wheel having paid £90 upfront for a jack and space saver jack came in after a week but having waited 3months for space saver and
numerous phone calls to be told it was on back order i had my £50 back and put it towards alloy of ebay i dont think they want to supply you with a cheaper option
i hope you get lucky

A

Anonymous

Is the space saver spec for an rcz T135/80 R17 ?

A

Anonymous

HELLO, JUST SEEN YOUR POST , DO YOU STILL HAVE THE SPACE SAVER TO SELL ? THANK YOU

A

Anonymous

Hello - Can you please advise how you went about getting your full size spare wheel from Peugeot UK. I have spoken to my local dealer who knows nothing about the "Spare wheel kit" - I also phoned Peugeot Customer Services who said they have "never heard of it". Many thanks..............

A

Anonymous

thewhizz said:
Hello - Can you please advise how you went about getting your full size spare wheel from Peugeot UK. I have spoken to my local dealer who knows nothing about the "Spare wheel kit" - I also phoned Peugeot Customer Services who said they have "never heard of it". Many thanks..............

This is the flyer produced by Peugeot UK and distributed at the RCZ Owners meeting at Peugeot UK Headquaters on 25th Sept 2011

I purchased mine through my local dealer Peter Ambrose (Castleford) Ltd (01977 522800)
PT7603R2 SUPPORT SCREW £4.42
PT7603N6 WHEEL FIX PLATE £1.89
PT6736H4 STORAGE BOX £33.74
PT671739 WHEEL BRACE £4.22
PT672599 LIFTING JACK £21.22
You will then need your wheel choice (refurbed black one were available but I elected to have a new one to match the rest) and a tyre on top of all of this.

If you need further information, then just ask

Attachments

• RCZ Spare Alloy Wheel Kit.jpg
    RCZ Spare Alloy Wheel Kit.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 4,289